Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-13-2014   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Comcast Is Buying Time Warner Cable to Make Big Cable Even Worse

Comcast Is Buying Time Warner Cable to Make Big Cable Even Worse

Please die Comcast... They're the reason we can't get 1gigabit internet on this street, but the street next to ours can.

Comcast 50Mbps internet = $75
EPB 1Gbps internet = $70

Cause that's totally fair to consumers~

And now eating up TWC which I've heard nothing but bad stuff about.

Quote:
Time Warner Cable is getting swallowed by the only monster bigger than itself: Comcast. That means the biggest cable provider, Comcast, is buying the second biggest cable provider, Time Warner Cable, to form a ridiculously ginormous cable company that'll deliver unsatisfying service under one iron fist. We should all hold each other as big cable just gets bigger and badder.

The NY Times is reporting that Comcast is going to announce an all stock deal to snag TWC worth $44 billion. It's a bit unexpected since the rumor mill had pointed to Charter trying to buy TWC out but it looks like the big shark in the tank (that would be Comcast) bit first.

CNN reports that Comcast and TWC both expect the acquisition to pass through the magnifying glass of the government and hope to get the deal done by the end of the year. If this deal does end up happening, TWC's 12 million cable customers (a lot of them in big cities like NYC and LA) will be added to Comcast's 23 million full Rolodex. That's 35 million subscribers, which is more than a tenth of the US population.

Of course, when you're dealing with two heavyweight buffoons trying to form Voltron like this (or whatever the incompetent version of Voltron would be) in the same industry, you're bound to run into some antitrust issues from the regulators and screams of monopolies by people like us. The powers that be will definitely have their say in this deal so even though the billions are being flashed around right now, nothing is done done yet. Remember, AT&T tried to buy T-Mobile and got shot down by the government. That could theoretically happen again.

But make no mistake, it's clear that Comcast wants to get bigger. It's unclear what that'll mean for the rest of us.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-13-2014   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

You've got nothing to complain about until you pay Canada's rates per MB. We don't get lube or a two finger prime before we're screwed over.

$60 for 10MB/s.
$110+ for 50Mb/s.
$150+ for 100 MB/s.

This is our dominant company for my city. It can be worse for other provinces. Plus this is shitty cable internet, so it's unstable and will never come close to living up to 10% of the rates you hope to receive.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

02-13-2014   #3 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

^I'm doing 50Mb/s for 70$ with Shaw. Not too many problems. Then again my standards have plummeted from the days I lived in student dorms with shared internet.

02-14-2014   #4 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

I've always loved how silly prices for net are back in the states. Meanwhile I'm on 100Mb/s with 30Mb/s upload with no usage cap for only 25.