Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-02-2013   #1 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Parents Of Jailed League of Legends Player: ‘It Was A Joke’

Parents Of Jailed League of Legends Player: ‘It Was A Joke’

What an idiot...

Quote:
Today, the parents of Justin Carter, the 19-year-old League of Legends player facing eight years in prison for threatening Facebook comments he made, took to television today to plead for their son’s innocence.

“He’s very depressed, he’s very scared...and he’s very concerned he’s not going to get out. He’s pretty much lost all hope,” said a visibly shaken Jack Carter, father of Justin, during a CNN interview this morning.

The Texas teen, who has been jailed for 5 months, is currently on suicide watch in solitary confinement according to his mother. "It's very hard, to hear your child...hopeless," said Justin's mother.

“At first I was completely shocked. I thought it was a joke. I couldn’t believe the person who called me, I told them they had to be kidding" Jack Carter said, recalling the news of his son's arrest. "When I realized he wasn’t, I literally broke down crying, walked off the job I was on and I had to have a friend pick me up downtown because I couldn’t drive.”

Justin's father went on to fully acknowledge the gravity of Justin's comments, but made a plea for common sense.

“He’s a good kid. He didn’t mean it. It was a joke, and he would never hurt anybody.”

The parents have secured a law firm to take on the case pro bono.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-02-2013   #2 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I kinda feel bad for him

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

07-04-2013   #3 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Quote:
Court documents indicate Carter replied with: “I think Ima shoot up a kindergarten / And watch the blood of the innocent rain down/ And eat the beating heart of one of them,” NPR reports.

The next two things he wrote were “lol and jk,” Jack Carter told KHOU-TV,
$500,000 bail

that's a 5 with five zeroes behind it

07-04-2013   #4 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Prime example of LoL community. Idiot kids these days.

07-04-2013   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I'm confused, it says he clearly made the post on Facebook (and makes sense that he would get reported) so why is there a need to point out he's a LoL player?

Unless he posted on the LoL FB page I guess.

07-04-2013   #6 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute

well the media still has a hard-on for correlating video games with violence

so that's probably why

and no, I'm not joking. The media would correlate League of Legends with violence.

07-04-2013   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I mean if you're going to make mass murder jokes like that after tragedies like Sandy Hook happen, then you'd be an idiot to not think someone's going to take things seriously, get the media all up in it, and then blow it up spreading blame everywhere.

I have to agree, though. That kind of punishment is harsh.

Quote:
The next two things he wrote were “lol and jk,” Jack Carter told KHOU-TV,
I'm literally lol-ing right now.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

07-04-2013   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I mean if you're going to make mass murder jokes like that after tragedies like Sandy Hook happen, then you'd be an idiot to not think someone's going to take things seriously, get the media all up in it, and then blow it up spreading blame everywhere.
No, because this is where sound judgment should come into play. The facts are some 19 year old kid said something about killing and "eating hearts" () and then immediately following up with "lol just kidding". This same kid has no criminal record whatsoever. There's no good reason whatsoever to panic and assume this kid's next move is to go out and spree kill. It's even dumber to throw him into jail. It's even more idiotic to put a $500,000 bond on him like he or his family could hope to pay it.

Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine, and 9/11 are not and have never been reasons for us in America to freak out over every single damn thing like this kid's facebook message. That's just being excessively paranoid. "Well but what if it does happen?" Well, then it happens. Even if we are so paranoid about things that a mouse fart makes us jump, that's not going to somehow magically prevent some crazy nutcase from lashing out like they have before.

07-06-2013   #9 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Its because of people like this, that some people, parents especially are so over afraid of their children playing games...

07-06-2013   #10 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

That time when acting stupid gets you in serious problems.
Hope he learned his lesson.

07-09-2013   #11 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
Lolwut.
Seriously?

brb calling police to arrest this person for posting something i dont like

07-09-2013   #12 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
No, because this is where sound judgment should come into play. The facts are some 19 year old kid said something about killing and "eating hearts" () and then immediately following up with "lol just kidding". This same kid has no criminal record whatsoever. There's no good reason whatsoever to panic and assume this kid's next move is to go out and spree kill. It's even dumber to throw him into jail. It's even more idiotic to put a $500,000 bond on him like he or his family could hope to pay it.

Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine, and 9/11 are not and have never been reasons for us in America to freak out over every single damn thing like this kid's facebook message. That's just being excessively paranoid. "Well but what if it does happen?" Well, then it happens. Even if we are so paranoid about things that a mouse fart makes us jump, that's not going to somehow magically prevent some crazy nutcase from lashing out like they have before.
Oversensitivity as usual. If we applied this (insert easily discernible joke/overexaggeration crime here) = he's serious, jail him! Thing to everyone, after all, that would be fair, then...

Just about all my friends, myself included, should be in jail. And most of you on these forums too. (90%+ of the population on earth actually...) Stupid as shit.

07-10-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30

Dam I would've been in jail like 60x over and so would everyone else because of comments like this lol. No one should be jailed over a sarcastic comment. There is no lesson to be learned here, it's the internet. Another huge over reaction.

<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3

07-11-2013   #14 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:

Good day.

07-11-2013   #15 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

I don't feel bad for anyone joking about school shootings.

07-11-2013   #16 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Quote:
I don't feel bad for anyone joking about school shootings.
You must think that we should all be impressed by your drastic approach to this matter, but like the whole "zero tolerance" policies that schools have enacted and are now tripping up on, it's entirely devoid of merit.

This is one of those matters where sound judgment has to be employed and wasn't. All that it has amounted to is a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars and time. The price paid for "well that'll learn him" was far too high to scare a kid who wasn't a threat to begin with. If anything, it's just going to contribute to more paranoia that this nation already suffers from, and certainly not going to alleviate one iota of it.

07-11-2013   #17 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

No one wants to be the first example to a punishment (not like this is the first time something like this has happened). So why not just learn to stop doing it? People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever. Well, you are wrong. I get that on league people say all kinds of crazy things in a joking way but it's facebook. I don't see how he wouldn't think before writing something like that on facebook. People report all kinds of things on social networks. More so now than ever, and just for other people's safety it has to be taken seriously.
As dumb or minor this may seem, everyone can learn from it. Be careful what you say on social networks because you indeed can get in deep problems for it. Not everyone takes things as a joke, it's why it's just best to stay away from touchy subjects when you want to joke on those networks.

07-11-2013   #18 (permalink)
He who laughs, lasts.
Games
Loong - The Power of the DragonLeague of LegendsProject BlackoutCabal Online
Awards Pervert Award

Crave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Crave
IGN: Cravey#1907
Guild: DiabloTalk

Quote:
No one wants to be the first example to a punishment (not like this is the first time something like this has happened). So why not just learn to stop doing it? People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever. Well, you are wrong. I get that on league people say all kinds of crazy things in a joking way but it's facebook. I don't see how he wouldn't think before writing something like that on facebook. People report all kinds of things on social networks. More so now than ever, and just for other people's safety it has to be taken seriously.
As dumb or minor this may seem, everyone can learn from it. Be careful what you say on social networks because you indeed can get in deep problems for it. Not everyone takes things as a joke, it's why it's just best to stay away from touchy subjects when you want to joke on those networks.
You honestly think this 19 year old kid deserves this!?

Last edited by Crave; 07-11-2013 at 08:15 PM.

07-11-2013   #19 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever. Well, you are wrong.
They can, and I'm about to right now:
I'm going to shove a 2x4 up your cooter, hammer nails through your flesh into the 2x4 and then rip it out. Then I'll cauterize it with a blowtorch. Oh then I'll upload it to youtube/reddit/facebook/what have you.

Come at me FBI/CIA/NSA/Mi5/Mi6/SAS/INTERPOL/KGB/UDA/IRA/Triad/Mafia.

Last edited by Metty; 07-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.

07-11-2013   #20 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Random forum makes me get use to it.