ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > General Discussion > News & Current Events

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

7.6

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-11-2013   #21 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
No one wants to be the first example to a punishment (not like this is the first time something like this has happened). So why not just learn to stop doing it? People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever. Well, you are wrong. I get that on league people say all kinds of crazy things in a joking way but it's facebook. I don't see how he wouldn't think before writing something like that on facebook. People report all kinds of things on social networks. More so now than ever, and just for other people's safety it has to be taken seriously.
As dumb or minor this may seem, everyone can learn from it. Be careful what you say on social networks because you indeed can get in deep problems for it. Not everyone takes things as a joke, it's why it's just best to stay away from touchy subjects when you want to joke on those networks.
Because the punishment is not equivalent, and it doesn't make sense. We have every reason to believe he was joking and actually has no means to do what he joked to do based on evidence. What are the reasonings and evidence that it wasn't a joke, he was going to do it, and he had the means of doing it?

Quote:
More so now than ever, and just for other people's safety it has to be taken seriously.
This is a logical fallacy. Just because lightning struck someone after they said, "Lightning is going to strike me," does not mean it will come true, saying that phrase makes lightning strike you, or increases the odds that it will strike you.

Quote:
People report all kinds of things on social networks.
A kid whining to be allowed to eat candy before dinner should not be allowed any way. A bunch of kids makes no difference, having more people does not make something logical.

Quote:
People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever.
I'm sorry everything has to be 100% serious, and to be the only way of communicating.

Quote:
Not everyone takes things as a joke, it's why it's just best to stay away from touchy subjects when you want to joke on those networks.
If we're going to ignore logic for peoples feelings, then fine. Any time anyone says anything I don't agree with or I don't like, I'm going to call them out for it, and they should be jailed. They hurt my feelings after all, or it's a sensitive subject for me, etc. etc.

See how this works? Personal opinions, feelings, and non-objective matters should never take priority over black and white, 100% undeniable facts.
__________________
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-11-2013   #22 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

How about you make a 'FREE whatever his name is' page and make petitions then. I'll be here waiting for my bday to come already.
__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤
 
07-11-2013   #23 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
How about you make a 'FREE whatever his name is' page and make petitions then. I'll be here waiting for my bday to come already.
Is this your response to my post above?
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #24 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Is this your response to my post above?
To you and to anyone who feels really strong about that person being in jail, I personally just feel everyone has to look at it both ways too. You might not take it as a threat but someone else would. Not everyone thinks alike.
__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤
 
07-11-2013   #25 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
To you and to anyone who feels really strong about that person being in jail, I personally just feel everyone has to look at it both ways too. You might not take it as a threat but someone else would. Not everyone thinks alike.
So you're not going to make counter-arguments to my points?
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #26 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
So you're not going to make counter-arguments to my points?
Everything you said was based on how you feel or on how you think it should be. Like I said, see both sides. Somewhere out there someone didn't feel safe with the comments he made and reported it, maybe they didn't know him personally or didn't know how people are on League. Maybe they just found it a bit odd as I found it odd to joke like that, I don't find it funny at all.
You see it as a not a big deal while others find it a big deal.
But since you seem to know, why don't you do something about it? That could start some sort of movement if it's so unjust as you say it is.
__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤

Last edited by AnaSyami; 07-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.
 
07-11-2013   #27 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
Everything you said was based on how you feel or on how you think it should be. Like I said, see both sides. Somewhere out there someone didn't feel safe with the comments he made and reported it, maybe they didn't know him personally or didn't know how people are on League. Maybe they just found it a bit odd as I found it odd to joke like that, I don't find it funny at all.
You see it as a not a big deal while others find it a big deal.
But since you seem to know, why don't you do something about it? That could start some sort of movement if it's so unjust as you say it is.
Two of my points isn't "what I feel" or something "I think it should be", they are fact. Only one would actually require further explanation if really needed. The rest use evidence and logical reasoning, which you can debate if you choose to.

The less supported and weaker opinion/argument is worth less than the more stronger more supported one, and is in fact treated as "wrong" (Yes, it's in quotes for a reason).
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #28 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

In the times that we are in, in this country, it's like in panic mode. Even for online things, or over the phone. Anything you say that is somewhat terrorist related is a problem and the country is always on alert trying to protect us from anything. So, seeing how hard this country is working to keep us safe. The least we can do is try to be a bit more mature and try to have just a bit and I mean a bit of common sense, to know not to say things like that regardless. It doesn't mean you can't joke anymore, sure you can joke but terrorist related jokes are always going to be a problem in this country because so much has happened lately. They are just doing their job, do your part. It's not going to kill you to not crack a joke about shooting schools. I'm sure you'll live.
__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤
 
07-11-2013   #29 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
In the times that we are in, in this country, it's like in panic mode. Even for online things, or over the phone. Anything you say that is somewhat terrorist related is a problem and the country is always on alert trying to protect us from anything. So, seeing how hard this country is working to keep us safe. The least we can do is try to be a bit more mature and try to have just a bit and I mean a bit of common sense, to know not to say things like that regardless. It doesn't mean you can't joke anymore, sure you can joke but terrorist related jokes are always going to be a problem in this country because so much has happened lately. They are just doing their job, do your part. It's not going to kill you to not crack a joke about shooting schools. I'm sure you'll live.
It's common sense that when a 19 year old types offhandedly in that manner, on a public site, and then says he was kidding after that, he was JOKING. It is further common sense when the 19 year old in question had no firearms, no criminal history, and no psychological issues or anything of that nature, that it REALLY IS A JOKE, he never intended to actually do it, do anything related to it, do anything close to it, has no means of doing it, and the possibility that it wasn't a joke and he would do it, would be smaller than the chance earth is hit by a large asteroid tomorrow.

The mature and common-sense thing to do would be to realize, "Oh, this is obviously a joke." and that would be that.

There is no panic mode. Racism still exists everywhere, everybody still makes jokes about it. Do we see comedians and normal people left and right being arrested? No. Do we see people everywhere being arrested for making jokes? No.

If they wanted to do their job, they would stop wasting taxpayer money and bothering allocating resources on a meaningless person who has every reason to not do any harm to others, and actually go after those that will. In fact, they are doing the opposite of their job by hindering the lives of citizens of their country that pose no threat.
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
iTaker's Avatar
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wouldnt you like to know :]
Posts: 552
iTrader: (5)
iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30
Default

I can't believe this is even an argument at all. There is no position as to why this kid should be in jail. The only possible thing to say is ok don't make the joke in the first place. Rolfknife has already stated almost everything I want to say. Stop being dense about such a simple issue. This Canadian blew this whole thing out of proportion and because they did this, this 19 year old kid has now gone through HELL for nothing. It's a god dam sarcastic comment, please tell me where in your logic you see any of this being just?

My mind is seriously blown as I sat here and read the responses. Roflknife you'll have to use something else besides facts because some people don't know what FACT means.

Edit: Also as he said above, how about they actually go get people who are doing bad things in the world. Not waste time and resources on a kid who's not going to harm anyone. Wasting this country's money on such meaningless things. That argument that they're just doing their job is totally invalid.
__________________


<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3
My Anime List

Last edited by iTaker; 07-11-2013 at 10:14 PM.
 
07-11-2013   #31 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

It's a fact that the country is not tolerating things like this.
It's a fact that many people already know that but still continue to do it.
Most you can take out of this is to not do the same mistake that young man did but if not you can continue on and do as you like, I don't care.
I just was being honest and saying I don't feel bad for him.
The whole thing was stupid and if he didn't get in trouble for it, I'd still think it was a stupid joke regardless. So it's just one of those times when something stupid you do gets you in trouble.

Can't really tell what was on his mind anyway, you just never know. Someone can say lol jk after anything and it can just be a lie.
Oh and racism isn't endangering anyone's lives.
And the possibilities are endless, people can have no past criminal record and commit a crime.
He's on suicide watch now, who knows if he's been depressed. Some parents aren't well aware of everything, he can be going through all kinds of feelings and no one could know.
There's no way of 100% telling what's in the person's mind.
The people that study for this and made a career out of this and are the ones who handled the case, I'm sure they know alot more, so what ever they decided I'm sure they know what they're doing.

__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤

Last edited by AnaSyami; 07-11-2013 at 10:35 PM.
 
07-11-2013   #32 (permalink)
200%♥
LauraMix's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,365
Blog Entries: 7
iTrader: (1)
LauraMix has disabled reputation
Default

Freedom of Speech thrown out of the window.
__________________

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert
 
07-11-2013   #33 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
It's a fact that the country is not tolerating things like this.
It's a fact that many people already know that but still continue to do it.
Most you can take out of this is to not do the same mistake that young man did but if not you can continue on and do as you like, I don't care.
I just was being honest and saying I don't feel bad for him.
The whole thing was stupid and if he didn't get in trouble for it, I'd still think it was a stupid joke regardless. So it's just one of those times when something stupid you do gets you in trouble.

Can't really tell what was on his mind anyway, you just never know. Someone can say lol jk after anything and it can just be a lie.
Oh and racism isn't endangering anyone's lives.
And the possibilities are endless, people can have no past criminal record and commit a crime.
He's on suicide watch now, who knows if he's been depressed. Some parents aren't well aware of everything, he can be going through all kinds of feelings and no one could know.
There's no way of 100% telling what's in the person's mind.
The people that study for this and made a career out of this and are the ones who handled the case, I'm sure they know alot more, so what ever they decided I'm sure they know what they're doing.

The burden of proof is on the accusers to prove that he would do what he joked. That's part of the reason why there's the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing. You can apply the whole "____ could happen, you never know", "____ could be true, you never no, no way of proving it," "_____ could be a murder, you never know," logic to everything. But when you can, then it's no longer sound reasoning. This random dude I see on the street could be a murder. I don't know. I should throw him in jail! No, you can't and shouldn't do that. If you think he's a murderer, prove it. Show convincing evidence that there's a high chance he really is a murder. "The possibilities are endless" is a very flawed argument and reasoning, they can do an infinite amount of bad things, and an infinite amount of good things. They cancel out theoretically. Except, not every possibility has an equal chance of happening.

Quote:
It's a fact that the country is not tolerating things like this.
It's a fact that many people already know that but still continue to do it.
I doubt this is true, but EVEN IF IT IS (I'm sure I could find hundreds of "jokes" like this on the internet, but the posters are not arrested), even in the case you are right on this, this doesn't change that it's a stupid and unjust decision to have a 0 tolerance policy like this on it.

Quote:
Most you can take out of this is to not do the same mistake that young man did but if not you can continue on and do as you like, I don't care.
I just was being honest and saying I don't feel bad for him.
The whole thing was stupid and if he didn't get in trouble for it, I'd still think it was a stupid joke regardless. So it's just one of those times when something stupid you do gets you in trouble.
Everyone in this thread is giving many points why the 19 year old didn't do anything stupid, and why what happened to him is dumb.

Quote:
Oh and racism isn't endangering anyone's lives.
You must be living in Utopia, because people get killed, mistreated, abused, etc. all the time in the world because of racism.

Quote:
The people that study for this and made a career out of this and are the ones who handled the case, I'm sure they know alot more, so what ever they decided I'm sure they know what they're doing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
They must not know as much as we'd like them to know if a bunch of normal people can punch so many holes into their reasoning.
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #34 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

It's all up to the judge then. He/She can drop the charges but sometimes judges like making an example out of people to show it's no joke. I'm used to the crazy online jokes, but judges and people unfamiliar with online and how people say things usually way more out there than what you'd say in real life, may not understand. Take that in mind, so maybe the judge will see that he didn't mean it or maybe the judge wont. We'll just have to wait and see.

__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤
 
07-11-2013   #35 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
It's all up to the judge then. He/She can drop the charges but sometimes judges like making an example out of people to show it's no joke. I'm used to the crazy online jokes, but judges and people unfamiliar with online and how people say things usually way more out there than what you'd say in real life, may not understand. Take that in mind, so maybe the judge will see that he didn't mean it or maybe the judge wont. We'll just have to wait and see.

Once again, everyone is arguing that what has happened is illogical, not just, is dumb, and the person jailed did not deserve what happened. Just because it did happen doesn't mean it was fair, or anything. Every single argument has made it clear that under logical, fair, and just circumstances, the comment should have been treated as a joke and the person should not have been jailed.

It's fairly obvious that those that enforce laws don't always make the correct decision. And people berate them for that, as they should. Laws are made to protect the good, and hurt the bad. But when the opposite happens, you can be sure normal people will call it out, like now.

Typing "I'm going to shoot up a school haw haw haw! lol jk!1!11!" on a public site on the internet is a joke. Kidnapping someone, tying them up, threatening to rape them, then releasing them and telling them, "Nah, I'm just joking." is not a joke. There is a clear difference.
__________________
 
07-11-2013   #36 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
AnaSyami's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)
AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Typing "I'm going to shoot up a school haw haw haw! lol jk!1!11!" on a public site on the internet is a joke.
Maybe you don't notice how many people we have in this world, or even just in this country.
Do you think there hasn't been any other cases like this? Do you think that there has been opposite outcomes where people were not just joking? If so then that would be a different case. Just try thinking of all the situations and try to put yourself in the judges/ect. shoes. I'm sure they've seen situation that leaves them a bit cautious to just letting someone out after things being said like that. I might be saying the opposite of what you are saying but I'm just trying to find a possible reason as to why they would take it serious. You should too, it's not so quickly overlooked as that. I'm sure they take alot of time to make a decision up. It's not just 'oh he said lol jk, guess he's just playing'. It's better to be sure than to be sorry later on.
__________________
α мιℓℓιση нєαятѕ, уσυ'яє тнє σηℓу σηє ωнσ ℓιgнтѕ мє υρ, ℓιкє ι'м gℓσωιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк ❤

Last edited by AnaSyami; 07-11-2013 at 11:57 PM.
 
07-12-2013   #37 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,987
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
Maybe you don't notice how many people we have in this world, or even just in this country.
Do you think there hasn't been any other cases like this? Do you think that there has been opposite outcomes where people were not just joking? If so then that would be a different case. Just try thinking of all the situations and try to put yourself in the judges/ect. shoes. I'm sure they've seen situation that leaves them a bit cautious to just letting someone out after things being said like that. I might be saying the opposite of what you are saying but I'm just trying to find a possible reason as to why they would take it serious. You should too, it's not so quickly overlooked as that. I'm sure they take alot of time to make a decision up. It's not just 'oh he said lol jk, guess he's just playing'. It's better to be sure than to be sorry later on.
Did you not read my posts? Prove he'll do it. As of now, there is no evidence. Yet, every bit of evidence now says that he never intended to do it, and it was nothing more than a joke. He never should have been jailed in the first place. Even after they find all this evidence, he's still there.

And I've already explained why the "you never knew" logic is completely flawed.
__________________
 
07-12-2013   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Valese's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ee-arth
Posts: 1,321
iTrader: (32)
Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
It's all up to the judge then. He/She can drop the charges but sometimes judges like making an example out of people to show it's no joke.
No judge can or would unfairly make "an example" out of someone innocent just for the sake of showing others that he or she doesn't play around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
You must be living in Utopia, because people get killed, mistreated, abused, etc. all the time in the world because of racism.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
__________________
~ The loveliest rose can hide the cruelest thorn
I love you


 
07-12-2013   #39 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Ethane's Avatar
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Texas, Baby
Posts: 926
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (2)
Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE
Default

RK already sent you to school but I'm going to answer one thing you stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
People really think you can say anything you want behind a computer screen and actually think you wont get in trouble for it ever. Well, you are wrong.
...yeah. They should be able to get away with it.

(And because there's always one retard who drags up the irrelevant "yelling fire in a theater" argument, I'm trusting the reader to understand the point I'm making here.)

That's how "freedom of speech" works. Freedom of speech is not "you can say anything ... as long as it doesn't offend me." That's suppression of free speech, which itself is a form of oppression. That's what those poor dumb bastards over in England and France are now learning the hard way because they started out with good intentions of making "hate speech" a crime and now it's snowballed to where people are being dragged into jail over the dumbest shit.

Words, by themselves, have never hurt anyone. The only thing they can do is offend and that takes an active effort on the recipient to interpret as such. Anything appended with "lol jk" is not a threat unless there's a good reason to interpret it as such and there simply wasn't in this case. This was an abuse of power no matter how you try to justify it.
__________________
 
07-12-2013   #40 (permalink)
/╲╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮╱\
Special
Shanni's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,799
iTrader: (38)
Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Level: butts
Default

Quote:
Carter's family could not afford to pay the high bond. But a pro bono lawyer who is also representing the Carter family, Don Flanery, tells MSNBC that an "anonymous good Samaritan" paid $500,000 to free Justin Carter this afternoon.
Bail For Justin Carter - Business Insider
__________________
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Business Tycoon Online
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Business Tycoon Online

Rating:  

7.7
Hide this banner by registering for our community.