ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   News & Current Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/)
-   -   US boy, 5, accidentally shoots sister dead using kid rifle (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/121614-us-boy-5-accidentally-shoots-sister-dead-using-kid-rifle.html)

Strikegundam 05-01-2013 07:38 PM

US boy, 5, accidentally shoots sister dead using kid rifle

Quote:

A five-year-old boy who was playing with a .22 calibre rifle he'd been given as a gift accidentally shot and killed his two-year-old sister in their Kentucky home, officials say.

The shooting happened on Tuesday in rural Cumberland county and the little girl was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead, the state police said.
"It's a little rifle for a kid. ...The little boy's used to shooting the little gun."

...The rifle used in the accident is a Crickett designed for children and sold under the slogan “My First Rifle,” according to the company's website...
Source: 'Crazy accident': US boy, 5, accidentally shoots sister dead

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure which party should take the blame. The stupid parents that buy the gift or the company which sell that stupid thing in the first place :py36:

Light 05-01-2013 07:48 PM

Blame America.

Mega 05-02-2013 04:17 AM

Yeah...no kid should have a "gun" period. I mean if the parents want to be with the kid and shoot cans or whatever that's fine, but lock it up afterwards.

Silver Rook 05-02-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1814498)
Yeah...no kid should have a "gun" period. I mean if the parents want to be with the kid and shoot cans or whatever that's fine, but lock it up afterwards.

Wow, like SERIOUSLY WOW.

No, and no. No kids should be given a gun, and no kids should ever learn to use one either.

It's a ****ing .22 cal, god ****ing damn it, not a BB-gun. You can shoot CANS with your damn BB PELLETS. You don't have to get a ****ing .22 cal just to shoot for the HECK OF IT.

LOL, I'm still laughing at the fact that those idiots still believe that it's "GUNS FOR KIDS" because it fires a smaller caliber round than the 5.56 or the .50ae.

So, if it fires a 7.62, it's a gun for adults? ****, if it can kill by the pull of a trigger, it shouldn't be in the hands of a 5-year-old child, period.

Saibak 05-02-2013 07:47 AM

A gun for kids? For a split second I had to make sure it wasn´t April the 1st.

No kid at that age should fire a real gun, since they can´t fully grasp the dangers that come with it. Even a BB gun is critical. One unlucky hit can cause serious eye damage.

Esperetta 05-03-2013 01:59 AM

Hmn. I saw this article on LJ.

Interesting comments and arguments.

An argument was, kids as young as 5 should have their own kid-sized guns so they can learn to be respectful of guns, safe handling and proper killing/hunting techniques. Which will then become in-grained/indoctrinated into them since young. Especially important if their family practices subsistence hunting.

And what these parents did wrong was being colossally negligent by not supervising their kid, keeping the gun loaded and not locked up in a safe.

Quite a compelling argument, I thought. :/

Light 05-03-2013 07:51 AM

It's worth noting this is far from the first incident of a kid having a gun and killing someone with it.

I was reading a case not long ago of an 11 year old given a "designed for children" 20 gauge shotgun and using it to kill his fathers pregnant 26 year old girlfriend execution style by blowing her head off while she slept.

Just because he was afraid the baby would get more attention than he did.

So yeah, blame America and its Constitution for making it law that any American may bear arms.

Almora 05-03-2013 01:20 PM

^ Omg, that's disturbing :I

So yesterday at my old high school(where my 2 siblings are currently attending), an armed teenager infiltrated the school in hopes of gunning down his ex-girlfriend because she broke up with him. The entire school was in lock down, and it makes you wonder how in the world a teenager can get his hands on a gun so easily. *hint hint*

Thankfully, no one was hurt.

---

In my opinion, society's standards are evolving and there is a need to amend the 2nd amendment because the Founding Fathers wrote it in the context of their time. Even if they did take into account every nook and cranny, they could have never imagined the events that would ensue in about 2 centuries later. Needless to say, interpreting/debating quill and ink is an ambiguous business after all u_u.

Bolter 05-07-2013 08:57 AM

How could they anyhow give a kid a real gun....

Zero 05-07-2013 01:35 PM

I honestly cannot believe someone would give a child to that gun.

I bet all the other rifles laughed at him that day, truly a shame.