Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-24-2012   #21 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

I think this buzz will be in KYM and any related media for a while, as well thankful for YouTube and other news-based sites (indie or mainstream) for keeping track on the timeline stamps on this events.

My humble heart goes to the people... FANS of the Dar Knight who are involved in this tragedy.

It's interesting that the buzz is over at foreign news. I was eating dinner and the news report (in Chinese) reports that story and I was like "Oh god I remember this story! (And that weird guy James Homes)" and my mom tells me to be careful, even though she did not know much about legal gun vending in Colorado (while I am at California and bun purchasing is illegal)! >>; Then there was my friend in RL (following her FB) attending that movie, and it was empty with about only 5 groups. Most might have already seen it on the premier. But I I think the shooting is making everyone feeling super-cautious after this tragic incident..

Since I am a bit behind on the update, I hunted down around YouTube in terms of the booby-trapped apartment. I was quite surprised. You can watch it for yourself~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-24-2012   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

When Canada imposed much stricter regulations on gun controls, late 1970s, murder rates dropped substantially. There is no reason why this would not happen in neighboring US. Restrictions mean that getting those weapons illegally are also made more difficult too, so ultimately criminals are going to have a harder time getting those weapons in.

The ban of the swords in Japan was in 1877, long ago. You cannot compare what happened a century and a half ago with today. BTW, Japan has much much more stricter gun control laws, and China too (so you cannot blame solely poverty alone for US crimes) and crime in both countries is suprise suprise, way lower than the US. Regarding knives, that is true, but knives are used for a ton of things, and are not really primarily weapons, so these cannot be banned. Same for a number of other household items. Guns have no purpose but to kill.

At the end of things, I am not advocating for a total ban alone. I did suggested much stricter regulations, which are an adequate substitute. What we do not want is for these weapons to fall in the hands of mad men, which they easily do. As someone said to me, you can buy guns by shopping in Sears in the US, not exactly true of course, but just to show how easy is to get a weapon here.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~