MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > General Discussion > News & Current Events

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2012   #1 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks
Default "Cyborg" Man Assaulted at McDonalds

'Cyborg' professor claims assault at Paris McDonald's over digital glassesĀ* - NY Daily News

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Daily News
A Canadian professor is claiming that he was attacked by employees at a McDonald’s in Paris over his digital eyeglasses, which are permanently attached to his skull.
Steve Mann, described as “the world’s first cyborg,” is the inventor of the EyeTap. The device enhances his vision and transmits information directly to his retina.

He angrily grabbed my eyeglass, and tried to pull it off my head,” Mann wrote, adding that the EyeTap cannot be removed without special tools.
...freaky. His eyeglasses took photos (autonomously? I'm not sure) of the guys who assaulted him. He has a blog and posted the photos here. But Christ. If you click on the article link you can see the dude with his cybernetic implants. NIGHTMARE MATERIAL

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-19-2012   #2 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

mann seems like a really cool guy, and the technology he's working on has come a long way the past 30 years.

the mcdonalds restaurants in france are known for having horrible employees, so i'm not surprised this is where it happened. i fear as technological assistance/improvement becomes more common place this will happen a lot.

07-20-2012   #3 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

its cool alright, some people are just too much

07-22-2012   #4 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

This might be a bit of a generalization, but, individuals within Paris are some of the rudest people in all of France in my opinion. It's like completely different climate compared to southern France, christ!

/ / / Playing: DM

07-22-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka
NIGHTMARE MATERIAL
Really though, guy's kind of scary looking with his set-up. Of course, that doesn't justify the attack, but still ****ing scary.

Last edited by james; 07-24-2012 at 09:38 PM.

07-24-2012   #6 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Eh. His equipment is a bit weird, but I am used to the weirdness, since I am customed to the "changing world"... And because of "Google Glasses". But oh man. I have never been to France (and probably never will for a long time), but they should learn to behave like real people and not mess with personal space. ;S Sure I can understand that it's freaky and had a camera that they are cautious with... Man. So much to say about this. Glad he was alright though...