ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   News & Current Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/)
-   -   Vacation of a lifetime pledged for bus monitor bullied in video (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/114003-vacation-lifetime-pledged-bus-monitor-bullied-video.html)

Joey 06-20-2012 10:04 PM

Vacation of a lifetime pledged for bus monitor bullied in video

Quote:

Updated 12:50 a.m. Thursday ET: Karen Klein, a school bus monitor of Greece, N.Y., depicted being verbally bullied in a video gone viral, may have the last laugh.

By early Thursday on the fund-raising site indiegogo.com, nearly 5,300 donors had pledged more than $100,000 in a campaign called “Lets Give Karen – The bus monitor – H Klein A Vacation.”
Vacation of a lifetime pledged for bus monitor bullied in viral video - U.S. News

Beware, video contains foul language and overall terrible behavior. While I'm not a proponent of violence, I would smack these kids. Bullying in general disgusts me, and I'm especially frustrated that they would pick on an elderly woman. She's quite obviously not doing the job because it pays well, she's doing it because she wants to do something good for the youth, but this is how they treat her. She gets the last laugh though, there's been a massive amount of pledges to give her a vacation. MASSIVE AMOUNT.

Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor- H Klein A Vacation! -- Indiegogo

PKShota 06-20-2012 10:08 PM

Really reconsiders my judgment on the youth these days.

Almora 06-20-2012 10:30 PM

I just absolutely couldn't finish the full ten minutes of the video, I only stopped halfway. It was just so painful to watch. These kids are awful.

For anyone who has been bullied before, we all know how piercing the insults can get. Wow, I mean just wow. She was in tears.

Samaniego 06-20-2012 11:02 PM

Never in my life even as a youth...
I've never seen this type of behavior
I don't believe in swearing... i find it barbaric
But to harass someone especially for her age
That's just...cruel
It doesn't make me feel bad anymore
About when kids/people would pick on me
as a child/Middle schooler after seeing this
Spoiler!

Bolter 06-21-2012 08:02 AM

this is just not tolerable

Marisa 06-21-2012 08:21 AM

Someone should just shoot those kids or beat them up.

Marzai 06-21-2012 08:31 AM

I'm sorry, guys. I would go to jail over this.

I'd tear them apart.

james 06-21-2012 03:35 PM

I couldn't make it past like :45 seconds. I was just like, wat. I really do hope those children got some sort of suspension, because that is just unacceptable.

Gaap 06-22-2012 06:19 PM

Jon Paula on his personal vBlog channel posted this news about this, and I have a good feeling that I can not watch that video because I am very sensitive. (Then again that trait is how I got a few bully incidents at my special ed. days.)

These kids were HORRIBLE! I remember hearing a few cuss words in the past, but I think teens and the internet influence really made what they are today... Which of course it was probably from bad parenting. :(

And wow the fundraiser gave the woman a LOT more than she deserve! I wonder what is she going to do with all of the donated money...

Joey 06-22-2012 11:22 PM

The donations are already almost to $600,000. Needless to say, you can bet that a lot of people related to her plight. Being bullied is something that a lot of people understand.

Cornflake 06-22-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiser (Post 1737639)
Someone should just shoot those kids or beat them up.

most of them have been harassed non-stop since a couple hours after the video initially went up on youtube.
it's a terrible thing to make the internet angry sometimes.

Recette 06-23-2012 05:08 PM

I wonder what the involved students are thinking now that they made their bus driver 600k richer. Besides that I would hope that something along the lines of suspension or expulsion would be done as well.

Wendyfav3 06-24-2012 07:10 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
this is ssssoooooooo funny...
it brang a tear out of my eyes...
*sigh*...but I think they could have bother her harder but that just me...

Overall...
if I had to blame the cause for this.
it be the Parents...I mean it so abvous that the Parent don't really care about raising there kids...am I right ?

Kenzor 06-25-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendyfav3 (Post 1738863)
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
this is ssssoooooooo funny...
it brang a tear out of my eyes...
*sigh*...but I think they could have bother her harder but that just me...

Even if you're trying to show sarcasm you're doing it horribly wrong.

RoflKnife 06-25-2012 05:51 PM

Oh look, generic scum of the world teenagers flinging around swears to be hip and cool. Remember, these are the kids that get let off with a warning or a few days of suspension, while the harmless kid in the back that accidentally hit someone got an expulsion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornflake (Post 1738273)
most of them have been harassed non-stop since a couple hours after the video initially went up on youtube.
it's a terrible thing to make the internet angry sometimes.

If someone was being harassed enough to have a comment like "it's a terrible thing to make the internet angry sometimes." drop, it's probably because they deserve it. Retribution of society, there's no better remedy.

mamoru 06-25-2012 06:06 PM

it is good to see such an explosive reaction from the world after seeing a victim of bullying... not much else to say other than that I hope she lives comfortably with the donations

Almora 06-25-2012 06:41 PM

The father of one of the boys apologized.

>Something is wrong here.

Torikakae 06-26-2012 07:45 AM

Some sources said that she'll use the money to plan her retirement, donate to charity, and buy cars for her grandkids. I dunno how to feel about the last one, but if people donated money to her then it's her business on how to use it~

Personally, I support the vigilante-style explosive retribution the internet doled out on the bullies. At least they learned an important life lesson early; That whatever you do, it'll come back a thousand fold. Better it be from the internet than from a man with a gun and a short temper.

Dani 06-26-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1739169)
If someone was being harassed enough to have a comment like "it's a terrible thing to make the internet angry sometimes." drop, it's probably because they deserve it. Retribution of society, there's no better remedy.

thisthisthisthisthis.

Ascherit 06-28-2012 09:44 PM

relevant