ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   News & Current Events (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/)
-   -   Two girls commit suicide over missing remote/attempt to time travel (http://ggftw.com/forum/news-current-events/109347-two-girls-commit-suicide-over-missing-remote-attempt-time-travel.html)

MsSquid 03-10-2012 11:14 AM

Two girls commit suicide over missing remote/attempt to time travel

12-year-old girls hoping to 'time travel' commit suicide in Fujian : Shanghaiist
Quote:

Two 12-year-old girls in Zhangzhou, Fujian province have committed suicide, one of whom allegedly died for time-travel, local media reports. Xiaohua, one of the two girls, apparently was motivated to take her own life after being distraught over losing a remote control for the rolling door of her house, and planned her suicide on March 1st.
Her best friend Xiaomei decided to die together with her, leaving a suicide note which reads:

Quote:

My good sister has lost the key and was afraid of being scolded. She wants to die, and I decided to die together with her. Please don't worry too much. We weren't born at the same time on the same day, but we want to [die] at the same time on the same day. In my life, I have two secret wishes. One is to time-travel back to Qing Dynasty and shoot a film with the emperor, and the other is to travel to outer space.
The two girls committed suicide by jumping into a nearby pool and died before their families found them. more...
This is were the many worlds interpretation and quantum suicide come into play. We, or perhaps just me, are in the universe in which both of those girls died. But from their point of view, only one of them died, or maybe both of them lived. What I'm trying to say is that I have no idea what I'm trying to say. CHINA!

Torikakae 03-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

A recent survey of students at a Fujian middle school found that nearly 90% of the students believe time-travel is possible.

"Isn't what's shown on TV all true?" one pupil even asked.
Uhmm...what are they teaching kids over there?

And seriously, what did the parents do to that little girl that she'd rather commit suicide than admit an honest mistake to them?

Metty 03-10-2012 11:26 AM

Nominees for Darwin Award of 2012.

Jon 03-10-2012 04:33 PM

Hearing stories like these depress me. idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Henreh 03-10-2012 07:38 PM

/facepalm. I blame Steins:Gate.

why do we never hear positive news from China?

kag 03-10-2012 10:32 PM

I travel through time daily.

Bolter 03-11-2012 04:20 AM

Oh please China again...

and theres no way that they will have be able to time travel just like that...
what were they thinking when even the best scientists have yet to invent a time machine....

MsSquid 03-11-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1690609)
and theres no way that they will have be able to time travel just like that

Have you ever actually attempted to time travel? Time travel by suicide is actually very plausible.

cornpirde35 03-11-2012 04:42 PM

/facepalm. Suicide over a remote control -.- people that lazy to get up and push the button to shut the door? Thank god none of the kids in that school have played persona if they believe everything they see on T.V.

Bolter 03-12-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumatora (Post 1690771)
Have you ever actually attempted to time travel? Time travel by suicide is actually very plausible.

nope, you can only time-travel when you can catch up with the speed of light

kag 03-12-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolter (Post 1691039)
nope, you can only time-travel when you can catch up with the speed of light

Technically you can sort of time-travel by just walking or getting further away from earth.
You can't actually go back in time, just that time moves slower for you.

Bolter 03-13-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kag (Post 1691233)
Technically you can sort of time-travel by just walking or getting further away from earth.
You can't actually go back in time, just that time moves slower for you.

and then when you travel at the speed of light, time completely stops