Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-06-2012   #1 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kony 2012

Quote:
KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
Everything is explained in the film here : If the world knows who Joseph Kony is, it will unite to stop him.

- I found this whole story awful, and it was a shock that I hadn't heard SOMETHING about it before. IMO this is a start to change. If this works, then its proof that change can happen.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-06-2012   #2 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

never heard of him either

03-06-2012   #3 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Not that i support war, i think this is better than hunting down osama.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

03-06-2012   #4 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I just watched the video, i really want to support this. And it truly is a testament to the good a worldwide connection can do.

The only thing that i wish they could change, is to change the bracelects and posters to read 'Stop Kony 2012' instead of just KONY 2012. With it being election year and all, there is a HUGE chance that just seeing the poster around, to someone not yet knowing what its about, to just assume its just an election campaign.

It's my only concern for their efforts.

03-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

A better question is, if governments and organizations already knew about this, why does anyone need to push them to do something about it? Are they unable to determine what's right and wrong, and discern injustice? Or...are they just (insert any insults here) and won't do anything until their citizens pressure them? Looks bad on them either way.

03-06-2012   #6 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
A better question is, if governments and organizations already knew about this, why does anyone need to push them to do something about it? Are they unable to determine what's right and wrong, and discern injustice? Or...are they just (insert any insults here) and won't do anything until their citizens pressure them? Looks bad on them either way.
It's probably not easy to catch a Uganda Guerilla Leader.

03-06-2012   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
$$$
cause it doesn't benefit them in anyway
sadly that's how it works.

03-06-2012   #8 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
$$$
cause it doesn't benefit them in anyway
sadly that's how it works.
That and because you don't simply waltz into another country and take down the head of a dangerous guerrilla army leaving thousands of displaced soldiers without a leader and having no idea what the **** to do. Conflicts like this aren't simple. They take years of dedication, negotiations, and money to deal with. And, believe it or not, countries usually have lots of other terrible problems of their own to deal with before they just go throw another completely unrelated one on their shoulders. I think Kony is a terrible terrible terrible man who deserves a bit more than just being arrested, but try to look at things realistically here. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I don't believe anything will work out as simply as the that video made it seem.

03-06-2012   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
It's probably not easy to catch a Uganda Guerilla Leader.
Not the point. I'm not asking why they haven't caught him yet, I'm asking why they weren't doing SOMETHING until they got pushed. The video had the senators and etc. decline doing anything about Kony because there was nothing of theirs at stake. This implies they weren't doing anything at all about it.

03-06-2012   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not the point. I'm not asking why they haven't caught him yet, I'm asking why they weren't doing SOMETHING until they got pushed. The video had the senators and etc. decline doing anything about Kony because there was nothing of theirs at stake. This implies they weren't doing anything at all about it.
And for good reason. If we had done something before, I can only bet that it'd become a long term engagement (kind of like the bin Laden chase) and people would be all "Y WE WASTIN OUR MONEEZ ON THIZ."

03-06-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Let's also get the US out of Afghanistan while we're at it!

03-06-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Lets see... a man who worked with this for 26 years (BEFORE the times of Internet [1991] and Facebook/Twitter [+2006]) assuming his current age to be in the 50s. Army? Bunch of children.

Possibility of blowback or any repercussion due to intervening... well I don't really see anything. The only issue is dealing the the army [armed children].

International justice might be a bit difficult. Hopefully a little 21st century technology, military training etc would help out a bit.

03-06-2012   #13 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
Lets see... a man who worked with this for 26 years (BEFORE the times of Internet [1991] and Facebook/Twitter [+2006]) assuming his current age to be in the 50s. Army? Bunch of children.

Possibility of blowback or any repercussion due to intervening... well I don't really see anything. The only issue is dealing the the army [armed children].

International justice might be a bit difficult. Hopefully a little 21st century technology, military training etc would help out a bit.
your right He's 51

I've heard of him from my mom and her friend from africa a couple of times but never really looked into to much, to be honest I never knew it was this bad. It amazes me that they allowed someone to amass an army of a estimated 30,000+ children to go unoticed for so long before finally taking some major action aganist it. I feel bad for the soliders any nation who are gonna have to handle this situation and end up looking like the bad guys in the eyes of some people

03-06-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornpirde35
your right He's 51

I've heard of him from my mom and her friend from africa a couple of times but never really looked into to much, to be honest I never knew it was this bad. It amazes me that they allowed someone to amass an army of a estimated 30,000+ children to go unoticed for so long before finally taking some major action aganist it. I feel bad for the soliders any nation who are gonna have to handle this situation and end up looking like the bad guys in the eyes of some people
Well estimating his lifespan to be +40 years later into a natural death (with the geography with his diet), his regime would pass onto the next generations under his wing. Or hope for a coup. Ugh so many things we're unsure of it's frustrating.

03-07-2012   #15 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
And for good reason. If we had done something before, I can only bet that it'd become a long term engagement (kind of like the bin Laden chase) and people would be all "Y WE WASTIN OUR MONEEZ ON THIZ."
Well they have an excuse of "revenge" for osama's case
Did it improve their lives there? nope
All these is done just to give closure for people.

I think it is great that they get educated, one of the best ways for people to help themselves and improve their lives.

03-07-2012   #16 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Alluria Fior
Class: DRK
Guild: Discourse <SALT>

Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

It's a tumblr, but it does link to direct articles.

I've known about this movement for years, and certainly people being aware is good, but it's an interesting perspective.

03-07-2012   #17 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitara

I've known about this movement for years, and certainly people being aware is good, but it's an interesting perspective.
I was just about to post this. I recommend you read it before you decide to support this.

03-07-2012   #18 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

let’s talk about kony Securing Rights

A blog post, but I think it might go a bit more in-depth due to it's length. I've skimmed it, and with the other link I posted (which has most of the facts linked) and in conjunction with this, it might provide a broader scope to look at.

03-07-2012   #19 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitara

I've been rubbing this in peoples' faces whilst neglecting my physics lab report last night. I've known about this for a few years now, and all of a sudden my Facebook is just booming with the KONY2012 video.

03-07-2012   #20 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

and since it's "cool" to be an activist on Facebook/social networking sites (that's basically the angle IC is taking), people are reposting. I'm actually starting to get disgusted, especially after reading about the new perspective on it.

Though, this new perspective is probably being brought up because it's gone so viral overnight. I guess in a way it's a blessing and a curse that so many are reposting/sharing/what-have-you