Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-09-2012   #41 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

IC responds to criticisms.

I don't feel educated enough on the issue to really comment on it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-09-2012   #42 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

Of course the world isn't going to end I didn't say that, It wouldn't make sense if the new world order would be with a world that ended. But it's going to be a change.. a big change is all I'm saying..
So much hard work put into this but why is there a deadline, I haven't seen any other program with just a deadline on a year, the video will be taken off after this year.
I also don't know everything about it but I'm just stating my opinion, you are all free to feel how you want to feel, but I just don't understand what are they really doing if they even admit that kony hasn't been seen of or heard of since 6 years ago.. In the link above they admit it. I don't get how millions of dollars are spent on just traveling to Africa and informing and educating others, people go all over the world and make speeches without millions of dollars. But that's just my opinion..

Also about the bracelets that track where you are, I would think they would want us to donate the money so that they could Give Them to the people in Africa, the children. Instead of giving it to US citizens we aren't the ones getting kidnapped or were the ones getting kidnapped should I say because this is an issue that isn't happening anymore..

Oh and one last thing that I was hoping them to address was the accusations and the reports of people in Africa reporting their army of raping them. They wrote this big long page but forgot to address that really big issue.
"Both the Ugandan army and Sudan People’s Liberation Army are riddled with accusations of rape and looting, but Invisible Children defends them, arguing that the Ugandan army is “better equipped than that of any of the other affected countries”, although Kony is no longer active in Uganda and hasn’t been since 2006 by their own admission. These books each refer to the rape and sexual assault that are perennial issues with the UPDF, the military group Invisible Children is defending."

"Let’s not get our lines crossed: The Lord’s Resistance Army is bad news. And Joseph Kony is a very bad man, and needs to be stopped. But propping up Uganda’s decades-old dictatorship and its military arm, which has been accused by the UN of committing unspeakable atrocities and itself facilitated the recruitment of child soldiers, is not the way to go about it."
"The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulat[ing] facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards.

Additionally, IC has a low two-star rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. That’s not a good thing. In fact, it’s a very bad thing, and should make you immediately pause and reflect on where the money you’re sending them is going."

You can read the rest at http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/ just copied some interesting details that caught my eye.

Last edited by AnaSyami; 03-09-2012 at 11:30 PM.

03-10-2012   #43 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

I don't see a reason in awareness products
even if you need awareness products, you should always get the people to make the products so they can earn their keep

products for charities only works if the products are donated by someone else, which in this case, isn't.
lol 7.8% of the money for film making
Invisible Children
Budget $699,617

Paranormal Activity
Budget $15,000
Paranormal Activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

at least they are transparent at this point

I'll rather donate to hackers for charity, at least they are helping people to improve themselves.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 03-10-2012 at 04:35 AM.

03-10-2012   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Daniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud of
IGN: pretty snice
Class: #howsnace to_soulmaster
Level: #10FEETTALL
Guild: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm not very engaged in politics in any country, or the world at all but I see a pattern returning again, doesnt anyone actually recall this from the Iraq/Afghanistan cases? (About the atom bombs and the illegall Opium?) Googling Uganda actually gives me a little more suspicious thought since Uganda is facing rivality with Saudi Arabia with their Oil.

Please notice that I never said that I'm against this, I am just stating my opinion.
Also, i am not saying this is just to get to rob Ugandas Oil, I'm just saying that before actually deciding anything to actually see this from different angles, and either way, just look at how USA actually succeeded with IRAQ. Did removing Saddam from the throne help us? No, we got 300 other regimes. Al-Qaeda started trying to take more and more, We have Al-sadr, who also wants to make their word the first word. We got even more terrorist groups, and even more Middle eastern people HATING america, Repeating this would be just as stupid as teaching a pig to mimic.

If a country actually has a problem the most stupid thing is involving another country, just as in-game drama, pulling anyone else in doesnt help at all? (or irl drama for that matter)

Secondly, Kony is NOT the worse. He's a war criminal alright but he've stopped his actions for a while now. so... What about Syria? o_o Bashar Al Asd is even WORSE. He's SLAUGHTERING his own people for speaking their minds.

Uganda has alot of oil. KEEP THAT IN MIND
What made USA move into Iraq? OIL. All the times USA actually entered a country to help them, look how it is. I, personally dont believe in this Kony shit. It's just ridicilous. Why not help iraq that US actually f-- up pretty bad? Sure, they had a dictator but it was better before the invasion.
GL stealing from Uganda.

Last edited by Daniloo; 03-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.

03-11-2012   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineGunboundTrickster OnlineIris Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorFacebook Fan

Nekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of lightNekcihc is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Beuregaurde
Class: Power to_boxer
Level: 1xx
Guild: Ignis Fatuus

Saw this on Tumblr:

Dear Jason Russell,
After being bombarded with your KONY 2012 crusade, I have no choice but to respond to your highly inaccurate, offensive, and harmful propaganda. I realized I had to respond in hopes of stopping you before you cause more violence and deaths to the Acholi people (Northern Ugandans), the very people you are claiming to protect.
Firstly, I would like to question your timing of this KONY 2012 crusade in Uganda when most of the violence from Joseph Kony and the LRA (The Lord’s Resistance Army) has subsided in Uganda in the past 5 years. The LRA has moved onto neighboring countries like the DRC and Sudan. Why are you not urging action in the countries he is currently in? Why are you worried about Kony all of a sudden when Ugandans are not at this present moment?
This grossly illogical timing and statements on your website such as “Click here to buy your KONY 2012 products” makes me believe that the timing has more to do with your commercial interests than humanitarian interests. With the upcoming U.S. presidential elections and the waning interest in Invisible Children, it seems to be perfect timing to start a crusade. I also must add at this point how much it personally disgusts me the way in which you have commercialized a conflict in which thousands of people have died.
Secondly, I would like to address the highly inaccurate content of your video. Your video did not leave the viewer any more knowledgeable about the conflict in Uganda, but only emotionally assaulted. I could not help but notice how conveniently one-sided the “explanation” in your video was. There was absolutely no mention of the role of the Ugandan government and military in the conflict. Let alone the role of the U.S. government and military. The only information given is “KONY MUST BE STOPPED.”
I would like to inform you that stopping Kony would not end the conflict. (It is correctly pronounced “Kohn” by the way). This conflict is deeply embedded in Uganda’s history that neither starts nor ends with Kony. Therefore, your solution to the problem is flawed. There is no way to know the solution, without full knowledge of the problem itself. We must act on knowledge, not emotions.
Joseph Kony formed the LRA in retaliation to the brutality of President Museveni (from the south) committing mass atrocities on the Acholi people (from the north) when President Museveni came to power in 1986. This follows a long history of Ugandan politics that can be traced back to pre-colonial times. The conflict must be contextualized within this history. (If you want to have this proper knowledge, I suggest you start by working with scholars, not celebrities). President Museveni is still in power and in his reign of 26 years he has arguably killed as many, if not more Acholi people, than Joseph Kony. Why is President Museveni not demonized, let alone mentioned? I would like to give you more credit than just ignorance. I have three guesses. One is that Invisible Children has close ties with the Ugandan government and military, which it has been accused of many times. Second, is that you are willing to fight Kony, but not the U.S. Government, which openly supports President Museveni. Third, is that Invisible Children feels the need to reduce the conflict to better commercialize it.
This brings me to my third issue, the highly offensive nature of your video. Firstly, it is offensive to your viewer. The scene with your “explanation” of the conflict to your toddler son suggests that the viewers have the mental capacity of a toddler and can only handle information given in such a reductionist manner. I would like to think American teenagers and young adults (which is clearly your target audience) are smarter than your toddler son. I would hope that we are able to realize that it is not a “Star Wars” game with aliens and robots in some far off galaxy as your son suggests, but a real world conflict with real world people in Uganda. This is a real life conflict with real life consequences.
Secondly, and more importantly, it is offensive to Ugandans. The very name “Invisible Children” is offensive. You claim you make the invisible, visible. The statements, “We have seen these kids.” and “No one knew about these kids.” are part of your slogan. You seem to be strongly hinting that you somehow have validated and found these kids and their struggles.
Whether you see them or not, they were always there. Your having seen the kids does not validate their existence in any shape or form or bring it any more significance. You say “no one” knew about the kids. What about the kids themselves? What about the families of the kids who were killed and abducted? Are they “no one?” Are they not human?
These children are not invisible, you are making them invisible by silencing, dehumanizing, marketing, and invalidating them.
Last year I went to Gulu, Uganda, where Invisible Children is based, and interviewed over 50 locals. Every single person questioned Invisible Children’s legitimacy and intention. Every single person. If anything, it seemed the people saw Invisible Children as a bigger threat than Joseph Kony at the time. Why is it the very people you are trying to “help” feel more offense than relief with your aid?
“They come here to make money and use us.”
“It makes us feel terrible to be presented as being so stupid and helpless.”
These are direct quotes. This was the sentiment of the majority of the people that I interviewed in varying degrees. I definitely didn’t see or hear these voices or opinions in your video. If you are to be “saving” the Acholi people, the very least you can be doing is holding yourself accountable to them and actually listening to what they have to say.
This offensive, inaccurate misconstruction of Ugandans and its conflict makes me wonder what and whom this is really about. It seems that you feel very good about yourself being a savior, a Luke Skywalker of sorts, and same with the girl in your video who passionately states, “This is what defines us”. Therefore, I can’t help but wonder if Invisible Children is more about defining the American do-gooders (and making them feel good), rather than the Ugandans; profiteering the American military and corporations (which Invisible Children is officially and legally) than the conflict.
Lastly, I would like to address the harmful nature of your propaganda. I believe your actions will actually bring back the fighting in Northern Uganda. You are not asking for peace, but violence. The fighting has stopped in the past 5 years and the Acholi are finally enjoying some peace. You will be inviting the LRA and the fighting back into Uganda and disturbing this peace. The last time Invisible Children got politically involved and began lobbying it actually caused more violence and deaths. I beg you not to do it again.
If you open your eyes and see the actions of the Ugandan government and the U.S. government, you will see why. Why is it that suddenly in October of 2011 when there has been relative peace in Uganda for 4 years, President Obama decided to send troops into Uganda? Why is it that the U.S. military is so involved with AFRICOM, which has been pervading African countries, including Uganda? Why is it that U.S. has been traced to creating the very weapons that has been used in the violence? The U.S. is entering Uganda and other countries in Africa not to stop violence, but to create a new battlefield.
In your video you urge that the first course of action is that the Ugandan military needs American military and weapons. You are giving weapons to the very people who were killing the Acholi people in the first place. You are helping to open the grounds for America to make Uganda into a battlefield in which it can profit and gain power. Please recognize this is all part of a bigger military movement, not a humanitarian movement. This will cause deaths, not save lives. This will be doing more harm, than good.
You end your video with saying, “I will stop at nothing”. If nothing else, will you not stop for the lives of the Acholi people? Haven’t enough Acholi people suffered in the violence between the LRA and the Ugandan government? Our alliance should not be with the U.S. government or the Ugandan military or the LRA, but the Acholi people. There is a Ugandan saying that goes, “The grass will always suffer when two elephants fight.” Isn’t it time we let the grass grow?
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Amber Ha

03-13-2012   #46 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute

That... my lord.

That even hurt MY heart to read. This is horrible.

I hope you don't mind me sharing that on another forum.

03-13-2012   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30

It's propaganda, clear and simple. Dani is absolutely right when it comes to the fact that Uganda has huge oil reserves. When i first saw it i was like, "Ya we should probably stop this guy." Once i did my own research though it became very very clear this video or movement is not anywhere near what it seems. People who believe in this are just trying to feel better about themselves in my opinion. Trying to "stop" someone who's basically already stopped doing everything they said he's been doing anyway. All in all i believe that it actually could just be a video that's being used as a reason for us (The U.S.) to go into Uganda and get oil from them. When i looked at the video today, adding comments had been disabled. To me it's like they're half afraid that people might voice their own opinion on it and turn others away from supporting it. Either way i think it's bs.

<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3
My Anime List

Last edited by iTaker; 03-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.

03-15-2012   #48 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

For all of you talking about "it's only for oil," best do some research about how much Middle Eastern oil we actually import. Also, bear in mind that Uganda is landlocked and not that much closer to the United States.

No I don't support Invisible Children, but I'm not a huge fan of Kony period. I don't think he's a great person and there are obviously better things that we could be doing (Iran........), but it wouldn't make my day bad at all if he just happened to die.

03-15-2012   #49 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Frankly, what throws me off about this whole story is that I heard this very same story last year. One year later, it suddenly becomes viral. I'm just staring at all the people who react and wonder why they regard something new.

I personally just want us to stop extending our neck into other country affairs whilst a tremendous knife looms overhead in the form of financial cost. If we bother to attend to this due to pathological and ethological promotions and this becomes an issue the entire country addresses, I'll become rather deeply vexed and infuriated.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

03-16-2012   #50 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

03-16-2012   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineVindictusPerfect WorldShaiya

tratout has disabled reputation

In 2006 a reporter manages to find Kony in one year while the Ugandan and US Militaries have yet to find him? Kony 2012 Video is Misleading - YouTube

Last edited by tratout; 03-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.

03-16-2012   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Richeyz1337 is on a distinguished road

Man, didn't realize.

I already knew who he was, but I don't really get much internet time.

FREEDOM FOR KONNY

03-16-2012   #53 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD | NBC San Diego

Haha, oh man.

03-16-2012   #54 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I admit, I chuckled indiscriminately.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

03-17-2012   #55 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Skip to 3:18.

03-17-2012   #56 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

^ to put that into context, that's from 2006.

I honestly did not think that was real and had to be a parody. then i saw the date and realized they were serious.

There are no words.

04-14-2012   #57 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Oh boy. Here we go again...

04-14-2012   #58 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Frankly, this Kony thing has gotten out of hand. Honestly this country needs to focus on their own damn issues, and people need to stop supporting it. There is some semblance of peace in Uganda, all this will do is incite more violence.