Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-24-2012   #81 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm a just so angry right now.....!!!!! >_< >.< > >:i

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-27-2012   #82 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Pirate Parties Organizing Lawsuit Against FBI Over Megaupload Takedown

The Megaupload troubles make for interesting discussion because there is much to be said on both sides. Whether the illegal aspects of the network “outweigh” the legal aspects is a question that will be discussed for months and perhaps years.

But one thing can’t be disputed: after the two-year investigation by the FBI, the site’s takedown was swift and perhaps over-thorough. Thousands and thousands of users who had legitimate and often critical files hosted on the site have been left behind, their legal files hosted on a simple file-hosting service. A coalition of Pirate Party organizations, led by Pirates of Catalonia, are planning to sue the FBI over what they say are “huge personal, economic and image damages to a vast number of people.”

The group leading the charge contends that the FBI may have violated Spanish Law, and at any rate,
Regardless of ideology, or opinions on the legality or morality of those running Megaupload, actions such as the closure of this service cause huge damage to lawful users of the sites and are unacceptable and disproportionate violations of their rights.

Hard words to disagree with, whether you think Megaupload is a patsy being taken to school by IP mongers or a den of thieves getting what was coming to them. Either way, you have to agree that the wholesale takedown of the site harmed a lot of people totally unconnected to the alleged crimes performed by Megaupload.

The question of a grace period while the law does its work doesn’t seem to apply here: if, say, a cache of drugs was found in a public storage facility you used, you wouldn’t be surprised if the whole place shut down for a couple days while the law did its work. In this case the takedown may be permanent; having arrested the main actors in the company and seized many of their assets, chances are the site couldn’t be restored to working order without a fair amount of work. Not that that hasn’t happened before: The Pirate Bay relocated some servers last year to an actual secret cave after repeated raids and takedown attempts. And plenty of other favorite targets of law enforcement have proven more tenacious than expected.

The point is it’s not much of a stretch to suggest that files hosted on Megaupload will never again be accessible. If they are restored, it will still have been a clumsy and potentially illegal action that made them inaccessible, and the Pirate Parties hope to call out such actions for what they are and perhaps cause authorities to think twice before taking them again.

Source: techcrunch.com
I´m curious how this will turn out.

01-27-2012   #83 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

I think I understand what they said but some parts I didn't get...

can someone explain this to me in a dummies sort of way ?

01-27-2012   #84 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3

can someone explain this to me in a dummies sort of way ?
People suing FBI: you made website we have stuff on not work, we mad, our law say you did bad thing, we sue you.

01-27-2012   #85 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
People suing FBI: you made website we have stuff on not work, we mad, our law say you did bad thing, we sue you.
not that dummbie lolz...but ok...

so cuz Megaupload had files huge personal, economic and image damages and other blah blah blah stuff, are being sue cuz the FBI didn't even gave a chance to give a Time Limit to take back any file you have upload ?

01-27-2012   #86 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

I was about to share this, but yea I feel their empathy. I used Mediafire a few times to host my .PSD files, mostly of my old school work. (I was lacking in a powerful flash drive back then.)

02-02-2012   #87 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I'm for one is happy to say that I was not Megaupload user in the first place. Lol

So this doesn't affect me at all. The only downside is other file-sharing website changed their policies and turned file-sharing into file-not-sharing. *ba dum tssh*

03-05-2012   #88 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Sorry to bump this old thread and all, but I found some interesting information about the case on wikipedia. Apparently, it was the PRO-IP Act that enabled the FBI to raid the megaupload servers. All this time, we were worried about SOPA, PIPA and ACTA, but PRO-IP already seems to allow too much.

But I do have some good news regarding this case as well. Kim Dotcom has been released on bail.

BBC News - Megaupload founder extradition papers filed by US

03-05-2012   #89 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

well that sure is intereting...

03-17-2012   #90 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Lovenia will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cyberina|Hospital|Lovenia

So many good old links to megaupload GONE FOREVER.
FFFFFUU-