LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-20-2012   #61 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Anime is already noted to be more expensive. But when you include the non-localized ones...that's just cheating.

Manga is definitely much more expensive, but I'd categorize them with books, and traditional books have a much better money-time ratio, so I'd say it's made up for. For DVDs, you'll get $25-$35 for about 13~ hours for TV season. But then you have $15-20 movies, for only around 2 hours! While I think DLC is pretty bad, I'd say movies edges it out. TV/Movies are a bit more expensive at the start, but over a few years, video games become more expensive. Complete series pop up, and you get an insane amount of episodes for damn good prices. Most games take the longest god damn time to drop in $10 decrements. And then they cap out at $20 somewhere between half to a full decade.

If you include anime and/or Bluray (Especially on multi-disk stuff...) with TV/Movies though, then yeah, would it would be more expensive than video games, even considering the DLC bullshit and hardware (Hello, Nintendo). If you don't include either of the two above, I'd say TV/Movies definitely come pretty close to price though.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-20-2012   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukipyon
Paying for a pirating website then getting mad when it gets shutdown. I don't know if just ignorant or trolling.
You just don't get it, do you?

01-21-2012   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

On the whole "File Sharing" business or the slur "pirated"... Those record companies need to catch up with the times or be doomed to fail out of the market even with government intervention. Y'know, to start being innovative since all music sales are just reproductions of recordings, easily replicated. It's not like the old medieval musical periods where performers/composers get their main revenue from live shows.

01-21-2012   #64 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

there goes my lifetime account me and my friends shared. ._.

01-21-2012   #65 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
On the whole "File Sharing" business or the slur "pirated"... Those record companies need to catch up with the times or be doomed to fail out of the market even with government intervention. Y'know, to start being innovative since all music sales are just reproductions of recordings, easily replicated. It's not like the old medieval musical periods where performers/composers get their main revenue from live shows.
Medieval music, or at least that which survived, was made up largely of extremely unfun sacred chants performed by the church. I doubt the performers made much money. It was also really difficult for people to access file sharing websites back then.

01-21-2012   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStory

1337 has disabled reputation
IGN: Nymf
Class: Bunny S2 to_bunny
Level: 18x (umm... i really need to lv. Someone please join my Tap 1 royal/special party. I miss Tap 1
Guild: Dawn
Unhappy

4 employees including a CEO. Wow.... i am sad for these guys... :[
Internet uprising shuts down anti-piracy bill - Times Union

The four appeared in court in relation to arrests made to Megaupload.com, which is linked to a U.S. investigation into international copyright infringement and money laundering.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article...room-gun-34644

In a dramatic, digital-age stand-off that played like a scene from a Hollywood thriller, dozens of New Zealand police backed by helicopters (wow, talking about insane!) swarmed the barricaded mansion of Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom to arrest him on Friday for Internet copyright theft.

Imagine Mediafire went down too T-T.. everything on the internet might be PAY-TO-USE P2U or PAY-TO-PLAY P2P.... good thing mediafire was/is currently faster and better than megaupload......

Last edited by 1337; 01-21-2012 at 10:54 AM.

01-22-2012   #67 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

All my backups gone ><
But on another side, I guess nothing will change. There are other hosting sites and if not then something similar to Megaupload will be created.
Even The Pirate Bay is still alive and kicking after all that happened in the past.

01-22-2012   #68 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute

Welp
R.I.P. FileSonic & Uploaded.to | Prefix

01-22-2012   #69 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Level: 18x (umm... i really need to lv. Someone please join my Tap 1 royal/special party. I miss Tap 1

4 sites impaired.
megaupload died
http://uploaded.to/ Our service is currently unavailable in your country. Sorry about that. (in the US)
http://www.filesonic.com/ file sharing disabled, but u can retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
fileserve.com same as sonic

Wow..... Mediafire might be next.... and then others.... file sharing might be disabled permanently (except files that you have uploaded personally).... O.O

Is this the end of popular pirated sites?... less popular ones will exist but will be hard to search... o.o

Last edited by 1337; 01-23-2012 at 05:05 PM.

01-22-2012   #70 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

In wake of Megaupload arrests, FileSonic shutters file-sharing service | The Verge

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

01-22-2012   #71 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Anonymous uploaded a big list of torrents of discographies and movies signed to Sony onto PasteHTML.

Not sharing the link for obvious reasons.

01-22-2012   #72 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

two down..
more to go...

01-22-2012   #73 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337
Wow..... Mediafire might be next.... and then others.... file sharing might be disabled permanently (except files that you have uploaded personally).... O.O

Is this the end of popular pirated sites?... less popular ones will exist but will be hard to search... o.o
Mediafire and Rapidshare are steadfast in their belief that they won't be changing, but who knows. Also, they're not pirated websites, you can't pirate a website.

01-23-2012   #74 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

ITT People who don't understand the significance of this event condescending the people that do.

Also, the sound of millions of links were heard screaming in unison as they took their dying breath. Megaupload was the host of countless legitimate files that now no longer have a home. A moment of silence, please.

Pray tell the uploaders are still around to repost them under a new file sharing service. My precious remixes... ;_;

BTW I heard Multiupload is ok.

Oh and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...sting_services

Edit: Ah shit. FileSonic too? Before I went to work I heard rumors but I was hoping it wasn't certain........

Last edited by Adun; 01-23-2012 at 01:16 AM.

01-23-2012   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
AllodsCosmic BreakCTRacerDragon Nest

TheGazettE has a spectacular aura aboutTheGazettE has a spectacular aura about

ouch! filesonic goes down too..too bad :[

01-23-2012   #76 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Fileserve has also disabled file sharing.
FileServe shutters in light of file-sharing site crackdown | ZDNet

Anyone taking bets on who's next?

Spoiler!

01-23-2012   #77 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I stole this from somewhere :>
Megaupload
Closed

EnterUpload
Down (Redirect). Presumably remodeling.

Fileserve
No filesharing. You can download only your own files.
Deleting multiple files.
Banning Premium accounts.
Closed Affiliate Program.

Filejungle
Owned by Fileserve (same as above).
Testing USA IP addresses blocking.

Filesonic
No filesharing. You can download only your own files.
Changed server location Jan 22, 2012. Taken down it's Facebook page.
Now using Digital fingerprinting to check if prohibited content.
Bad files are being deleted as soon as uploaded (as Hotfile did).

Filepost
Started suspending accounts with infringing material (as Hotfile did)

Uploaded.to
Blocked U.S. access.

Uploadstation
Owned by Fileserve (same as above).
Testing USA IP addresses blocking.

VideoBB

Videozer

4Shared
Deleting multiple files.
aa

01-23-2012   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Talking

Wow very nice, Kowiz. Just showing my thanks.....

01-23-2012   #79 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Just filling in (Lazy to edit)
Quote:
Fileserve Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Deleting multiple files. Banning Premium accounts. Closed Affiliate Program.
Changed server location Jan 22, 2012. Taken down it's Facebook page Now using Digital fingerprinting. Files are being deleted as soon as uploaded (as Hotfile did).
VideoBB Closed Affiliate Program.
Filepost Started suspending accounts with infringing material (as Hotfile did)
Uploaded.to Blocked U.S. access.
Videozer Closed Affiliate Program.
Filejungle Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
Uploadstation Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
4Shared Deleting multiple files
EnterUpload - Down (Redirect)
The State of Filesharing Websites

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

01-24-2012   #80 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
AllodsCosmic BreakCTRacerDragon Nest

TheGazettE has a spectacular aura aboutTheGazettE has a spectacular aura about

oh noes D: