Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-18-2012   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

SOPA has already been shelved indefinately (in case I didn't point that out sooner), but PIPA (which is pretty much the same bill with a different name) is still up for voting soon. So yeah. The blackouts are still very much necessary. And you should all still contact your local representitives to tell them to defeat PIPA. That bill still needs a good curbstomping.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-18-2012   #42 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I think people need to switch it up and start focusing on PIPA more now.

I think it was part of the plan to use one as a scapegoat (SOPA) while the other goes by with much less public recognition to still achieve the same end.

A very sneaky plan if it adds up.

01-18-2012   #43 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime
I think people need to switch it up and start focusing on PIPA more now.

I think it was part of the plan to use one as a scapegoat (SOPA) while the other goes by with much less public recognition to still achieve the same end.

A very sneaky plan if it adds up.
And hopefully it will work.

01-18-2012   #44 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Oh hello Mike. New video related to SOPA/PIPA.

Fun fact: If you surf ggFTW on IE, it's censorship banner tilts straight and not across. owo;

01-18-2012   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Chibiursa will become famous soon enough
IGN: Reanemeiko
Xfire: Reanemeiko

Is it just me? who won't able to read and post on this forums because of the SOFA supports on this site? it's pissing me off really

01-18-2012   #46 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well, just remember if pipa or sopa passes you wont have to worry about reading anything on these forums...so deal with it.

01-18-2012   #47 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiursa
Is it just me? who won't able to read and post on this forums because of the SOFA supports on this site? it's pissing me off really
its not really hard to bypass most of the SOPA/PIPA support banners

01-18-2012   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firzin
Wiki's blackout is kinda lacking since you can still use it if you have fast hands. Just press the stop button right before it changes to the blackout screen and you'll stay on the page you were looking for. I think it would had been better if they used a bar like this but bigger.
lolz...so you found that out...I did the same thing when they just started lolz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
I lied about going offline lol. But yea. If any of you guys are my Tumblr visitors/followers, my three blogs (schoolfestivalband, veemon676, and witchofhappiness) went on it's own "blackout" today, and until 8 P.M., I will not use them since they are blocked for the sake of the protest. Sorry if these are very annoying...

If these bills do not exist or figuring out a safer way to stop piracy, this would not have happened.

On a off-topic scale, I was interviewed by a college journalist regarding the SOPA. I was a bit of a Fluttershy or just plain jumpy,but I am very proud to spread my word, even though I can be a bit of a Derpy Hooves.

My little Pony...FTW...if your a Guy then My Little Brony FTW...

01-19-2012   #49 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

US Senate websites hit with technical difficulties following SOPA blackout | The Verge
MPAA Calls Anti-SOPA Blackouts A "Gimmick" To Punish Politicians & Turn Us All Into "Corporate Pawns" - The Consumerist

Defend our freedom to share (or why SOPA is a bad idea) (TED)

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 01-19-2012 at 04:16 AM.

01-19-2012   #50 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/te...urse.html?_r=1

Quote:
Then trickle turned to flood — adding Senators Mark Kirk of Illinois and Roy Blunt of Missouri, and Representatives Lee Terry of Nebraska and Ben Quayle of Arizona. At least 10 senators and nearly twice that many House members announced their opposition.

“Thanks for all the calls, e-mails, and tweets. I will be opposing #SOPA and #PIPA,” Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon, wrote in a Twitter message. Late Wednesday, Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, withdrew his support for a bill he helped write.
The beginning of the Tide turning?

01-19-2012   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

In other, somewhat related, news, Megaupload was recently shut down in a Federal raid today and Anonymous has responded with their biggest attack ever in retalliation, shutting down the websites for the FBI, Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, the RIAA and MPAA.

News regarding the raid:
MegaUpload file sharing site shut down for piracy by Feds - latimes.com

Articles regarding the Anonymous attack:
Anonymous downs government, music industry sites in largest attack ever — RT
Anonymous Retaliates for Megaupload Shutdown, Attacks DOJ, Others | PCWorld Business Center

With actions like this going on, you've really gotta wonder if it even matters if SOPA/PIPA are passed or not.

Edit: The MPAA and RIAA websites are back up (at the time I write this), but the FBI and Department of Justice websites are still down. And the Universal Music Group site is "under maintenance". Heh.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 01-19-2012 at 06:00 PM.

01-19-2012   #52 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

If SOPA/PIPA passes....Well they better be prepared. They did this much for a site..I can't imagine what they would do if it passed.

01-19-2012   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Megaupload is kind of up at megavideo.bz currently, but it already got too much traffic and is pretty much down again because of that. Gotta love them tumblrs.

01-19-2012   #54 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

So much things/news/shares about this has been going on, i'm wondering if I can leave planet Earth soon. I do not like it one bit. I hate being Policed.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
My little Pony...FTW...if your a Guy then My Little Brony FTW...
I'm a girl, but yea I don't mind being called a "Brony" or "Pegasister". :V

01-19-2012   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
So much things/news/shares about this has been going on, i'm wondering if I can leave planet Earth soon. I do not like it one bit. I hate being Policed.
Yeah, I think the vast majority of Americans are like-minded in that regard. But RussiaToday did a video on the report recently, complete with an interview.

And here's some footage from the Megaupload founders in court.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 01-20-2012 at 01:01 AM.

01-20-2012   #56 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

I hope SOPA passes.

This guy has more points than I can give.
The world (ESPECIALLY America) needs to find their balls again and do something huge for once, there simply won't be a change big enough otherwise.

Try to keep the MegaUpload stuff in the MegaUpload thread, it's pretty much irrelevant to the SOPA/PIPA thing. :(

Last edited by Kongro; 01-20-2012 at 05:18 AM.

01-21-2012   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I hope SOPA passes.

This guy has more points than I can give.
The world (ESPECIALLY America) needs to find their balls again and do something huge for once, there simply won't be a change big enough otherwise.
[/SIZE]

I read the link... and I think I get it... is she or he saying that stoping SOPA won't changing anything ? that it still gonna get worse ?
if SOPA pass this will make people become less lazy and ACTUALLY PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THERE MOUTH IS ??? in a way it does make sense...

do you think you can explain that to me in a better shorter way or something ???

01-21-2012   #58 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
I read the link... and I think I get it... is she or he saying that stoping SOPA won't changing anything ? that it still gonna get worse ?
if SOPA pass this will make people become less lazy and ACTUALLY PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THERE MOUTH IS ??? in a way it does make sense...

do you think you can explain that to me in a better shorter way or something ???
SOPA and PIPA will always come back no matter how many times NoeJeko puts up that annoying black bar across the screen, unless we actually do something about the people who sponsor the bills and the ones who suggested those shitty pieces of legislation in the first place.

01-21-2012   #59 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Quote:

It isn't about the bill but rather what it covers and how much power it has, it is really scary if it goes through.

to understand how much the bill covers watch this
Clay Shirky: Why SOPA is a bad idea | Video on TED.com

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

01-21-2012   #60 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Question 1 more Time = Daft Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
It isn't about the bill but rather what it covers and how much power it has, it is really scary if it goes through.

to understand how much the bill covers watch this
Clay Shirky: Why SOPA is a bad idea | Video on TED.com
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Cereal Mode*

hold up...so back in the day... when children wanted a mickey mouse cake. it was illigal to make those or at least sell them ? does it still happen ?

1 more thing...so if I draw a Dragon Ball Z, I'm gonna get in trouble just making something that I'm not license to make ?

1 more thing, I can't remix a music nore a vidoe ? I can't even use a Backround music to make a Rap out of my own version ?

1 more thing, didn't china make law into something like this ?

1 morrreee thing, does the Gonverment really don't know anything about internet ?