Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-02-2012   #41 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
When it comes down to it, I'd rather live in America than any country in the world. The only places that could even compete with America are Western Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Other than those countries, I'd rather just chill in America.
I don't see Canada in that list. ;_;

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-02-2012   #42 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
I don't see Canada in that list. ;_;
I forgot about Canada. ;o;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
So it's okay to lie about peoples' constitutional rights, too? I don't really get what you're trying to say here.
Article 1, section 8, clause 18 (aka: The Elastic Clause) would argue otherwise. It's the job of a government to protect it's citizens. I think you would agree that terrorists harm "us" (speaking of the general American people). Therefore, the government has the power to enact laws that give it the means to do so.

That would be my argument if I were a Supreme Court judge. Now, if there was some mass increase in journalists and random bloggers from the internet thrown into high-security prison-- and that became the primary function of NDAA-- I would vote against its constitutionality. Otherwise it seems perfectly constitutional to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart

Lemme know what you think of this.
I don't watch the Young Turks or any indie news source. Too biased. Too little information. Misinterpretation. (Yes I did watch a few seconds of it)

01-03-2012   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Quote:
I forgot about Canada. ;o;

Article 1, section 8, clause 18 (aka: The Elastic Clause) would argue otherwise. It's the job of a government to protect it's citizens. I think you would agree that terrorists harm "us" (speaking of the general American people). Therefore, the government has the power to enact laws that give it the means to do so.

That would be my argument if I were a Supreme Court judge. Now, if there was some mass increase in journalists and random bloggers from the internet thrown into high-security prison-- and that became the primary function of NDAA-- I would vote against its constitutionality. Otherwise it seems perfectly constitutional to me.

I don't watch the Young Turks or any indie news source. Too biased. Too little information. Misinterpretation. (Yes I did watch a few seconds of it)
All that shows me is that you're perfectly willing to remain ignorant when presented with a counterpoint. What I wanted you to see wasn't even Cenk's take on the whole thing. It was the following.

"Should any application of these provisions conflict with my constitutional authorities, I will treat the provisions as non-binding."
"I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists."
"I want to clarify that my administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens... Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a nation."
"...My administration will interpret section 1021 [of the bill] in a manner that ensures any detention it authorizes complies with the constitution, the laws of war, and all other applicable law."
- Obama (all of the above quotes)

Note that he keeps using the term "my administration". Despite his reservations to signing the bill, he signed it anyway without even intending to use it. That's up to whoever becomes the next president, yes? Or perhaps it's his re-election campaign. Vote for me or someone else might send you to Guantanamo.

And from Anthony Romero, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union, "President Obama's action today is a blight on his legacy because he will forever be known as the president who signed indefinite detention without charge or trial into law."
"We are incredibly disappointed that President Obama signed this new law even though his administration had already claimed overly broad detention authority in court... Any hope that the Obama administration would roll back the constitutional excesses of George Bush in the war on terror was extenguished today."

01-11-2012   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

RussiaToday just did a video about Guantanamo Bay, addressed the National Defense Authorization Act again along with it and even included an interview with someone who was wrongfully imprisoned and tortured there for five years.

I really hope this isn't going to be any of us anytime soon.

01-11-2012   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

and people are still going at it Peacefully...=/

01-14-2012   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Preview of coming attractions. Aside from that, I have no words. The interview pretty much left me speechless.

01-14-2012   #47 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

A lot of fear mongering in here, that being said, the bill most certainly sucks.

01-14-2012   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountBlood
A lot of fear mongering in here, that being said, the bill most certainly sucks.
Well, the bill's been passed. As it stands, there's not much to fear while Obama's in office, but once we have our next president, we'll have to see how he chooses to follow the NDAA. Because as it's worded now, it's both legal and illegal to instate martial law and indefinately detain American citizens and the president just decides which line of the bill he wants to follow.

So yeah, no reason to be afraid yet, but sometime soon, there may be. Though the point of my posting that video was more to let people know what's been going on at Guantanamo. I've seen a lot in the press about people who were wrongfully imprisoned and tortured there without a trial and had their lives ruined. Probably not a coincidence that all these "10th Anniversary of Guantanamo" reports are coming out after the signing of the NDAA, though. Maybe it is subtle fear-mongering on the part of the media.

But that said, yeah, the bill sucks. I still can't believe this could happen in America. And, coming from me, that's saying a lot.

Edit:

Last edited by Rhinehart; 01-18-2012 at 02:38 AM.

01-18-2012   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

There's some breaking news regarding the NDAA now. Rhode Island has rebelled against the NDAA. Let's hope other states begin to follow suit.

And in other breaking news, doctor/congressman/presidential cantidate Ron Paul is already attempting to repeal the NDAA.

Any presidential cantidate who'd start in on this before he's even elected has my vote. Jus' sayin'.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 01-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.

01-18-2012   #50 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

I really do like Ron Paul, he can say some crazy stuff some times, but out of the Republican field of candidates he's certainly the most reasonable.

01-18-2012   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountBlood
I really do like Ron Paul, he can say some crazy stuff some times, but out of the Republican field of candidates he's certainly the most reasonable.
I agree completely. I didn't really want to do anything resembling a political endorsement, but he seems to be the only cantidate speaking a language I like to call "common sense".

01-20-2012   #52 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Ron Paul is too crazy to be elected President. If any Republican gets my vote, it'd be Romney.

01-20-2012   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Quote:
Ron Paul is too crazy to be elected President. If any Republican gets my vote, it'd be Romney.
I'll take crazy ideas over the status quo x_x;

Besides if a guy like Ron Paul can predict things like the housing bubble and international affairs, no one else can compare.

02-27-2012   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Look what I got in my email today. Pay real close attention to the part in bold.

Quote:
Jesse,

Indefinite detention is about to become the law, and we're teaming up with Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Daniel Ellsberg, RevolutionTruth and others to try to reverse it.

Will you click here to show your support as we seek a restraining order to block the implementation of the NDAA?

On January 1, 2011, President Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act For Fiscal Year 2012 (NDAA).

The National Defense Authorization Act is a bill passed into law each year. It allows the government to continue funding national security interests and the military for the next fiscal year. This year's bill, however, was different.

The 2012 NDAA greatly expands the power and scope of the federal government to fight the so-called "War on Terror". The law authorizes the US military, for the first time in more than 200 years, to carry out domestic policing.

You can click here to support our lawsuit to block its implementation. The indefinite detention provisions are set to take effect THIS WEEK. (You'll also be generating emails to your lawmakers asking them to overturn this law.)

The language of this law is dangerously vague. It grants dictatorial powers to the federal government to arrest any American citizen without warrant and indefinitely detain them for life anywhere in the world without any charge.

Suspects can be shipped by the military to our offshore prisons and kept there until "the end of hostilities". It is a catastrophic blow to civil liberties.

In a nation where the definition of "terrorist" seems to be ever-expanding, and where a series of laws passed since 9/11 have severely undermined Constitutional protections, the NDAA has gone too far.

It is time to unite and stand up to this assault on our fundamental rights and freedoms.

Help stop the NDAA: Sign up to email your lawmakers to let them know that you support this lawsuit against the United States government -- Just click here.

Thanks.

-Demand Progress

PS: The law is set to go into effect later this week. Will you urge your friends to join our cause? You can forward them this email, or just use these links:

If you're already on Facebook, click here to share with your friends.
If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

Last edited by Rhinehart; 02-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.

02-28-2012   #55 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Maybe Obama will do us all a favor and execute Santorum. -.-;

02-29-2012   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Maybe Obama will do us all a favor and execute Santorum. -.-;
-sl- Add Newt Gengrich and I'm in.