Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-12-2011   #21 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

BBC News - Who said it: Wall Street Occupier or Tea Partier?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-12-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
4/9 on that quiz thing. Seemed confusing with the questions.

But in the end the line is drawn:

Tea Party - Less government spending, less government involvement.

OWS - Less/0 corporate involvement in our politics, more spending on social/educational services.

10-12-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Skype™ to Rhinehart
Guild: MyHarem
Xfire: rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Irrelevant. Just a bunch of apes who aren't going to change much immediately. Contrary to what Anon. may imply with their whole "blah blah blah squash the resistance -> movement victory," it's going to take a significant more work than just "one" protest (how long did it take Womens' Suffrage? How long did it take Civil Rights?).

If the Americans actually want to see something done, they're going to have to commit. I highly doubt there will be committing, and I seriously doubt they want the true after-effects of what they call for.

And for that matter, it's going to take more than just a small handful of people to actually get beyond the little to none progress they've had. Reasoning? Egypt, only 80 million people large, had a 2 million (2 million in Cairo, millions elsewhere) person revolution/protest. What are we at? The NYC "unit" is at a mere 19,000 compared to the 2 million in Cairo. Yup. We're making so much progress. We're winning. Did you see that reform legislation proposed? So radical, gonna change everything.

Also, so presh that Anon. threatens to hack NYPD. As garbage as our government is cyberly (better than most others), what a great way to get shut down.
I don't really know anything about any hacking the NYPD thing and while I wouldn't put it past some members of Anon to do that, I don't think they called for it or encouraged it as a whole, either. The hacking of Facebook that they threatened to do on November 5th, I can understand completely, after having researched Facebook's total lack of privacy and that anything you could ever want to know about anyone on Facebook is accessible through any given app. Facebook's privacy issues don't even meet Europe's standard requirements. So while I wouldn't personally endorse hacking Facebook, I can't really say it's not justified, although it would be better if Zuckerburg would do something about it himself. Shutting down the website would only make a point, not really solve anything. Which isn't to say the NYPD thing is justified, either. Frankly, I don't even think it's necessary and I'm sure Anon as a whole probably feels the same way.

But far more importantly, I think the speech Anon gave in that video I posted recently, was meant to encourage the protesters to keep going and keep their spirits high. The fact that they're being met with so much opposition now means they're being taken very seriously. And I'm pretty sure that was what Anon was trying to say there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
4/9 on that quiz thing. Seemed confusing with the questions.

But in the end the line is drawn:

Tea Party - Less government spending, less government involvement.

OWS - Less/0 corporate involvement in our politics, more spending on social/educational services.
^ This.

Edit:

^ And this. Kinda surprised to see a debate this intelligent on MSNBC.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-12-2011 at 07:11 PM.

10-12-2011   #24 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

6/9 on the Occupy Wall Street/Tea Party quiz. Goofed up the first fill in the blank because I wasn't sure what to do.

@WTP:
Actually, I would say Occupy Wall Street people are more radical than anything. They are liberal, but they also advocate essentially an entire re-haul of how the government works.

10-12-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
6/9 on the Occupy Wall Street/Tea Party quiz. Goofed up the first fill in the blank because I wasn't sure what to do.

@WTP:
Actually, I would say Occupy Wall Street people are more radical than anything. They are liberal, but they also advocate essentially an entire re-haul of how the government works.
Actually, what they want is to get the money out of politics. Wall Street and the rest of the 1% have bought and sold politicians constantly, to the point where it doesn't matter who you vote for, or if you even vote at all. What they want is simply for the government to be the government, not the corporations and Wall Street. It's really quite simple.

Edit: The truth has finally been stated very, very plainly by RussiaToday.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.

10-13-2011   #26 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

I'll take pictures of Occupy Philly for you guys this weekend. I walk by it every morning but the weather has been bad so everyone is in the tents during the mornings.

10-14-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Okay, remember when I was calling it "Occupy America" in my original post? Scratch that. It's Occupy Earth now.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-14-2011 at 02:50 AM.

10-14-2011   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light

Seems the whole concept of corporate-run gov't isn't just us.

Tea party members want less government, OWS wants more gov't in terms of regulation and accountability for corporations. Source from a founder of the TPM:

Occupy Wall Street vs Tea Party: Is there a difference? - YouTube

Occupy Richmond on the 15th. Being a student, I wonder how the OWS people actually do this for weeks xD The TPM wasn't a big issue at all since it died off as people went home.

10-14-2011   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

RussiaToday's coverage of the OWS movement continues. They've got like four more videos on it, but I'm just gonna post this one. But I will divulge a little background. There was recently an attempt to clean up Zucotti Park by New York City officials, but they wound up cancelling it so the protesters could stay. They've also largely been cleaning up after themselves, but yeah, it's pretty much been a victory for them in that they haven't been forced out yet. This video's an interview with an author/economist who praises the OWS movement as the best thing to happen to America since the financial crisis began in 2008.

10-14-2011   #30 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
Actually, what they want is to get the money out of politics. Wall Street and the rest of the 1% have bought and sold politicians constantly, to the point where it doesn't matter who you vote for, or if you even vote at all. What they want is simply for the government to be the government, not the corporations and Wall Street. It's really quite simple.
The only thing they can "easily" achieve to get corporation out of Washington would be to cap the amount of money that can be donated (i.e., you can only receive 500k funds from anyone other than yourself and direct family).

Also, will still not take this movement seriously anyways since voter turnout is laughably low as always anyways.

10-14-2011   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

when will Protester eva use Roit ?...
it seem the world will soon come at war...

this is what...World War 3 ?

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 10-14-2011 at 05:46 PM.

10-14-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

That punch was crazy, but not surprising. Not after I just saw this.

If you're not convinced it's real, here's the full version.

Edit: Did an NYPD officer run over this National Lawyers Guild legal observer with a scooter at Occupy Wall Street? – Boing Boing

I recommend reading that article for all the information regarding the incident. Turns out it wasn't a protester, but a legal observer from the National Lawyer's Guild. The full version of the video pretty clearly shows the police officer start off at a distance from the protesters, then the guy's foot gets run over by both wheels and the second wheel stops right on his foot 'cuz the cop parked it there.

Quote:
The NYPD denies this, and says he "put his legs under the scooter and then claimed falsely he was trapped."
I don't buy it.

Edit 2: Thank you, Onion. You have made my day.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-15-2011 at 12:01 AM.

10-15-2011   #33 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Occupy Philadelphia - March to Independence Hall

Spoiler!

10-16-2011   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Here's a treat for you guys. I'm a little late in finding this, but most people have probably heard of Anthony Balogna, the NYPD detective who indiscriminantly pepper sprayed protesters twice in the same day.

I did some searching on Google and found that the victims have filed lawsuits against him. Dunno if it'll get anywhere, but man. That news caster was awesome.

Edit: Update from CNN yesterday on the protests, police brutality and politicians.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-16-2011 at 06:58 AM.

10-16-2011   #35 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
That punch was crazy, but not surprising. Not after I just saw this.

If you're not convinced it's real, here's the full version.

Edit: Did an NYPD officer run over this National Lawyers Guild legal observer with a scooter at Occupy Wall Street? Boing Boing

I recommend reading that article for all the information regarding the incident. Turns out it wasn't a protester, but a legal observer from the National Lawyer's Guild. The full version of the video pretty clearly shows the police officer start off at a distance from the protesters, then the guy's foot gets run over by both wheels and the second wheel stops right on his foot 'cuz the cop parked it there.
That has got to be the most fake incident that I have ever seen. Firstly, at how fast that NYPD wasn't going, he wouldn't have been able to just run over some guys foot. Especially given the fact that police scooters aren't even that heavy duty. Also, notice how fast the guy moves from being on his front with "crushed" leg at 3 and free leg at 12 to on his back/side with the free leg that was at 12 right under the back leg of the scooter. Damn, I wish I was that talented. Also notice how he's a small distance away from the people's feet initially and then is basically right in front of the people's feet. Annnnd, given the fact that there is no visible distortion of the scooter's tire, he should be able to move his feet free.

10-16-2011   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
That has got to be the most fake incident that I have ever seen. Firstly, at how fast that NYPD wasn't going, he wouldn't have been able to just run over some guys foot. Especially given the fact that police scooters aren't even that heavy duty. Also, notice how fast the guy moves from being on his front with "crushed" leg at 3 and free leg at 12 to on his back/side with the free leg that was at 12 right under the back leg of the scooter. Damn, I wish I was that talented. Also notice how he's a small distance away from the people's feet initially and then is basically right in front of the people's feet. Annnnd, given the fact that there is no visible distortion of the scooter's tire, he should be able to move his feet free.
Yeah, I do think it was exaggerated and possibly staged on the part of the legal observer, but regardless of that, the cop willingly parked on the guy's foot. At that point, he probably wouldn't be able to get out from under it even if he wanted to and the cops then proceeded to baton the guy in the back of the neck. It was covered fully by the news anchor in the first video of my previous post.

10-16-2011   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

Cattwildlife is on a distinguished road

I am supremely against this and I think a lot of 99%'s are super hypocrites. I'm poor, my family has been evicted, my mom works two jobs, my dad works for the government and my dad and I have the same political views.

Facebook and Apple are big corporations, which everyone seems to complain about but buy their stuff all the time, and Toyota and the people who make your cars and bikes and everything. They aren't evil, greedy shouldn't be used here either because we're all greedy, you spend your extra cash on junk food and mmorpg's too. Its called capitalism, the economics our founding fathers based our country on. The opposite of capitalism is communism, or Marxism or socialism. when you start to care more about the greater good than the minorities are going to get hurt. In communist countrys it starts with redistribution of wealth, but has always lead to government control, dictatorship, and much death.

because the police are showing 'brutality' doesn't have anything to do with weather the protesters should get their way or not, it means if they actually are being to brutal they should get fired and that should be the end of the story, but people are taking it as a reason for the protesters to get their way and that makes NO sense to me.

Also many people at these protests are legitly scary, threatening peoples life's, calling out for cannibalism and other scary things. I know this isn't most of the people at these protests, but there are still people like this and that frighten's me.

It might start out with the rich, but slowly the idea of "rich" will become the middle class and it will keep dropping and dropping and soon the 99%'s life's will be the ones that are threatened.

Not here to argue, since I didn't read anyone else's posts, but I wanted to state my own opinions.

Last edited by Cattwildlife; 10-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.

10-16-2011   #38 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

What actually sparked the movement was the corporate influence, particularly the Wall Street, in the American politics. Within the movement, there have been smaller groups that are also expressing their own interests and agenda. This movement is not a so called "class warfare" as some would like to put it.

Last edited by WhatThePho; 10-16-2011 at 08:19 PM.

10-16-2011   #39 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

oh, its getting out of hand

10-16-2011   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattwildlife
I am supremely against this and I think a lot of 99%'s are super hypocrites. I'm poor, my family has been evicted, my mom works two jobs, my dad works for the government and my dad and I have the same political views.
As for those who have been laid off...

Quote:
Facebook and Apple are big corporations, which everyone seems to complain about but buy their stuff all the time, and Toyota and the people who make your cars and bikes and everything. They aren't evil, greedy shouldn't be used here either because we're all greedy, you spend your extra cash on junk food and mmorpg's too. Its called capitalism, the economics our founding fathers based our country on. The opposite of capitalism is communism, or Marxism or socialism. when you start to care more about the greater good than the minorities are going to get hurt. In communist countrys it starts with redistribution of wealth, but has always lead to government control, dictatorship, and much death.
Outsourced jobs to China where they work for cheap. If a company wants more profit, just give it to those who are willing to work for less. Capitalism is a free market, Corporatism is where the entire economic system is being re-wired to benefit the top (how our tax dollars bailed out failing banks).

Russia and China didn't practice marxist communism to the full extent, the hand of totalitarianism screwed it up.

Quote:
because the police are showing 'brutality' doesn't have anything to do with weather the protesters should get their way or not, it means if they actually are being to brutal they should get fired and that should be the end of the story, but people are taking it as a reason for the protesters to get their way and that makes NO sense to me.
Eh the police get away with this kind of stuff, nothing new.

Quote:
Also many people at these protests are legitly scary, threatening peoples life's, calling out for cannibalism and other scary things. I know this isn't most of the people at these protests, but there are still people like this and that frighten's me.
Appearances? There are bound to be a few "THE GOV'T IS EVILLLLL" screamers out there, I saw some at my Occupy Richmond protest.

Quote:
It might start out with the rich, but slowly the idea of "rich" will become the middle class and it will keep dropping and dropping and soon the 99%'s life's will be the ones that are threatened.

Not here to argue, since I didn't read anyone else's posts, but I wanted to state my own opinions.
Rich is entirely subjective to where another person has more. It's not that the top 1% are rich, it's HOW they got to it. Constant tax breaks, war profiteering over the years, good-bye standard gold system and hello money out of thin air, not to mention medical bills shooting through the roof etc.

EDIT: Sorry for the super long post, yeah I think I'm too into the movement, and addressing specific points of some misconceptions.

Last edited by kmelfina; 10-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.