ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Guilds > My Harem Guild

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart
Default Rhine's Dream of Mirror Online (AKA DOMO) Review

Websites: Global, European.

Note: The download.com mirror for the European game doesn't seem to be working correctly, so stay away from that one. If you don't have accounts at Fileplanet, GamersHell, etc; try OnRPG.com's mirror.

Opening movie

Character creation

Gameplay

I play the European version*.

*=My reason for playing the European version is 'cuz the global version (though it's farther ahead of the Global version) blocks people from Europe and possibly other areas. Since I referred a couple European friends to the game, I've moved to the European version to play with them. If you want to join me, try to go for the European version. I still have both versions installed, but I play the European one more often.

I've played ALOT of MMORPGs, but if I think the one I'm playing is boring (which happens alot), I never play it for more than a day. So far, I've played DOMO for more or less a week, so this may be a "first-look" review, coming from me, but it's a pretty in-depth one. And, so far, the game's really fun. It's not like most MMORPGs where you're just grinding most of the time and occasionally doing story quests. The story quests start right at the beginning of the game, so you can grind or just do those quests. I'm the kind of guy who prefers to play single-player RPGs and don't spend a whole lot of time leveling up my characters. I just want to advance the story and see what's going to happen next. And you can actually do that in this game. Of course, it involves combat, too, but it gives you a better sense of purpose. The story quests are triggered when you come out of the Summoning Pool and talk to King Colette or whatever her name was. She then asks you if you wish to align yourself with humans (you want to become a hero and be recognized everywhere you go) or monsters (you wish for freedom and to establish peace between humans and monsters). Depending on which decision you make, the story quests have different cutscenes, requirements, etc.

Character creation is quite nice, too. There are sliders that determine the characters build. Like length and width of torso, legs, arms, bust (only affecting females) as well as the usual hair/face color/style selections. You can also change jobs anytime you want, after you become a level 10 beginner. Even AFTER you change jobs. It works like this. You become a level 10 beginner, then you decide you wanna change to (let's say) a swordsman. So you become a level 10 swordsman, level up some (level 15, for example) and you're a level 15 swordsman. If you want to change to something else, you can change back to a level 10 beginner, then get a new job and you'll be a level 10 Wizard or whatever you pick. If you want to go back to being a swordsman, you'll return to being a level 15 swordsman no matter what level you are as a Wizard. It's great job system for indecisive people and you can learn skills that you can use in any job, eventually. So you can kinda become a hybrid of sorts and just do your own thing. It's kinda like the job system in Final Fantasy V.

I like it alot so far. There's a cash shop, but it mainly consists of items that change your look like costumes and so on. Some of it's tradable, some isn't and there are people who sell or vend them in-game. It's a bit difficult to make money, though. You really HAVE to vend stuff to get decent funds. I've actually been NPCing things to get by, then buying my new equips and I'm literally broke. I think Rhinehart has 55 gold to his name right now. But I'm only level 15, so I figure things'll start picking up money-wise eventually. There's also alot of occupational things you can do like farming, alchemy, mining and so on and you can sell the materials for money or just make stuff with them. You can make your own equips by finding Alchemy Recipes all over the world. They're little couldruns, basically, and when you check them, you learn the recipe for creating an item.

There's a quest that teaches you how to fly, too. But it involves fighting a level 20 boss. I already tried fighting it with Charlotte the other day and we didn't really do too well. She wound up taking and it pretty much pwned her. I couldn't get it to attack me until AFTER she was dead. But since she was the party leader, it was pretty much over at that point. So, yeah, bosses are no pushovers.

Well, the last feature I can think of reviewing is the friendship and lovers relationships systems. You can change your relationships with people by giving dreamstones to specific NPCs in towns. One focuses on friendships and the other focuses on lovers. Forging a friendship or a lovers relationship with someone requires you to give a certain number of dreamstones to the NPC, but said friend has to be there with you and agree to it. For friendship, it's 2 and for lovers, I think it's 1. But after that, you can level up your friendship or lovers relationship with people by giving more dreamstones to the NPCs. Dreamstones are etc. items that drop from all monsters at kind of a low rate, so they're somewhat rare, but not all that hard to find.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 10-24-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

The fact its 3D makes it appealing. Gameplay looks pretty good. However, I don't know about the idea of flying on a sword. 8D

Overall, its looks like a pretty good game.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

10-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

thanks for the link Rhinehart, i may play the euro version sometime(after i get a new graphics card to actually play and i'll be a Muse Sprite

-Bookmarks Thread-

-Adds Rhinehart-

10-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
thanks for the link Rhinehart, i may play the euro version sometime(after i get a new graphics card to actually play and i'll be a Muse Sprite

-Bookmarks Thread-

-Adds Rhinehart-
Now that you mention it, I forgot to post my IGNs. They're Eurydice (female felin swordsman) and Rhinehart (male sylph wizard). Since I used the Booster on Eurydice, I'm probably going to play her the most until it wears off, then I'll switch to Rhine and use his bracer. After that, I'll just be switching freely between them depending on my mood.

10-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
.png
Games

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold

I'm d/ling it atm but i can't play because my graphics card crashes the game D=

(will get a nVidia sometime before/at christmas D=

time to persuade my parents o.o

10-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
I'm d/ling it atm but i can't play because my graphics card crashes the game D=

(will get a nVidia sometime before/at christmas D=

time to persuade my parents o.o
Good luck with that, Holy!

10-25-2008   #7 (permalink)
.png
Games

ye, i'll try lol but it'll suggest it to my mom on buying a GeForce 5500(40-90dollarsmax) with my own cash so i think i can get it more or less likely