Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-02-2011   #21 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
That's really not that strange, some people just have varied taste, but people do weird shit with last.fm. Like editing songs to 30 seconds so they scrobble faster.
There are also users who cheat to extend their library and kill their scrobble count.. usually we ban those if we catch them. Even though you've registered an account in 2002 or 2004 etc, there's no way you'd reach the limit (1mil). It is quite the reasonable limit and the only way to reach it, is to cheat.

By cheating I don't mean leaving your player on 24/7, as this isn't actually cheating. You're doing things the normal way -- just more frequent than normal.

However, cheating is when someone decides to scrobble songs from several applications, softwares and websites. Fortunately it's easy for us to see who has been cheating or not though. Anyway, yeah, they also shorten tracks or put short songs on repeat etc.

IDK, it's really stupid IMO. I don't understand what they achive other than everyone knowing they've cheated. In 4-5 years, it'll be possible for users who have been registered there for many, many years to reach the limit legally.

☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754

Last edited by Ayu; 08-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-02-2011   #22 (permalink)
N☣ hope left
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangyaRumble Fighter
Awards Twitter Fan

Chris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant future
IGN: André
Class: Computer Engineer to_wizard
Level: 25
Guild: CEFET-MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
There are also users who cheat to extend their library and kill their scrobble count.. usually we ban those if we catch them. Even though you've registered an account in 2002 or 2004 etc, there's no way you'd reach the limit (1mil). It is quite the reasonable limit and the only way to reach it, is to cheat.

By cheating I don't mean leaving your player on 24/7, as this isn't actually cheating. You're doing things the normal way -- just more frequent than normal.

However, cheating is when someone decides to scrobble songs from several applications, softwares and websites. Fortunately it's easy for us to see who has been cheating or not though. Anyway, yeah, they also shorten tracks or put short songs on repeat etc.

IDK, it's really stupid IMO. I don't understand what they achive other than everyone knowing they've cheated. In 4-5 years, it'll be possible for users who have been registered there for many, many years to reach the limit legally.
Last.fm is aware of the bug on devices like iPhone, isn't it? I don't know if they consider that "cheating" cause it's Apple's fault D:

08-02-2011   #23 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute

Which one of them? (lol)

08-02-2011   #24 (permalink)
N☣ hope left
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangyaRumble Fighter
Awards Twitter Fan

Chris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant future
IGN: André
Class: Computer Engineer to_wizard
Level: 25
Guild: CEFET-MG

The crazy play counter.

08-05-2011   #25 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

Updated the OP with a bunch of links you might like. Go check it out. :3

08-06-2011   #26 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Do you use Last.fm? Why/why not?
Yes, saw it on the 360 Dash when I couldn't find my MP3 Player.

Is your library accurate?
Yes.

What's your favorite thing about Last.fm?
It has OC Remix on it.

What's your least favorite thing?
Username was taken and I'm too lazy and navigating the 360 one to find my Alice: Madness Returns soundtrack.

Do you always scrobble?
What I do alone with myself is none of your-... wait what?

And last, if you want, what's your username? :3
Metty_

08-10-2011   #27 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Do you use Last.fm? Why/why not?
Indeed I do! I've discovered the website back in my 'just-got-outta-high-school' age (2006 ). I'm actually a statistic nut and like to keep track of what I listen to and discover new things.
Is your library accurate?
Majority of my collection is via WinAmp and I'm the only one who messes with the desktop at home, so yeah.
What's your favorite thing about Last.fm?
AUDIOSCROBBLER!!!
And the subscription plans. C:
What's your least favorite thing?
The radio's not as cool as it use to be. :C But understandable. If I listen to the radio anymore, I go to Pandora. Fortunately for me, I can run an add-on in Firefox and being able to have my plays from Pandora (and Slacker too, I believe) being counted too. C:
Do you always scrobble?
Of course. I do not consider anything I listen to a guilty pleasure. My Britney Spears and K-Pop scrobbles is proof. And yes, I almost always listen to something that's out of character back to back.

What would you like to see implemented on Last.fm?
Well, I use to subscribe to last.fm, but let it run it's course due to the radio changes. Basically I can't think of anything, but if they implemented something awesome that would cause me to consider subscribing again (besides getting rid of ads + support), that would be very awesome. C:

http://www.last.fm/user/sakuraharrows
Feel free to leave a shout! C:

08-10-2011   #28 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

@Shini: Aw yeah, I love kpop and Britney Spears. You should never be ashamed of those, especially not kpop. :3

08-11-2011   #29 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I used to use Last.fm, but it stopped starting automatically when my PC starts up, so I stopped caring. Maybe one day I'll reset it so it auto-starts, but eh. Not really a major concern.

08-13-2011   #30 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
@Shini: Aw yeah, I love kpop and Britney Spears. You should never be ashamed of those, especially not kpop. :3
I just like anything if my brain and ears come to an agreement. If I can grind to it, it's a bonus. High pumping music helps me through grinding and Pop box hunting in Trickster. Funny people + friends are a plus.

For anything really, it's all about the matter of finding it.

08-20-2011   #31 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
On another note, does anybody here scrobble their iPhone/iPod tracks? My iPod, for some bizarre reason, doesn't scrobble properly. Every time I plug it in, it erroneously scrobbles the tracks I've been listening to in iTunes instead, but not the stuff I listened to on the iPod.
iPod scrobbler never works right for anyone. That's why I don't use it. Also because I don't have an iPod.

11-06-2011   #32 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Just created a new account there, I deleted my old one randomly one day.

Do you use Last.fm? Why/why not? I do now
Is your library accurate? So far
What's your favorite thing about Last.fm? I listen to a lot of touhou and doujin music so it's nice to keep track of which artists belong to which circles, and which remixes of which theme were made.
It's also nice to find people with the same music taste.
What's your least favorite thing?When more than one artists has the same name but the most popular one gets the top spot, so people think you listen to something you don't.
Do you always scrobble?Yea, except I listen to a lot of music on youtube which doesn't get scrobbed.

What would you like to see implemented on Last.fm?
I dunno , it's been a while since I've used it.

MooniePwns’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm