Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-06-2010   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Suggest good Asian-ish mewzik?

Okay, um, I listen to American music. That's it. Nothing from anywhere else. In general, that is.

Um, Japanese music and stuff. I only listen to AMVs, so..yeah.

But I've heard a bunch of neat Japanese/Asian music, and taken a liking to it about 10 seconds prior to typing the first letter of the thread title.

So..suggestions?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-06-2010   #2 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Personally, I'm a huge fan of L'arc~en~ciel. They're also fairly generic as far as J-pop/rock goes (leaning more towards rock, but it's pop-rock really).

If you want more poppy stuff, I'd suggest the classics faves, like Utada Hikaru (most famous for her work on the Kingdom hearts theme songs (Hikari/Simple and clean, Sanctuary/Passion) and Rebuild of Evangelion theme song (Beautiful world)), Ayumi Hamazaki and Megumi Hayashibara (Famous for well...doing voice acting and theme music for a crap ton of anime including Slayers (all of it, she's Lina Inverse), Evangelion (Original and rebuild, IIRC), Shaman king, and lots of other stuff. She's a woman of a thousand voices. For Male pop vocals, Takenori Nishikawa (TM revolution and Abignon Boy's school) is pretty good, and I'm kinda a fan of Soul'd Out (And thus M-Flo and Diggy Mo).

For J-rock/Visual Kei, I'd very much recommend Gackt (and by extention, Malice Mizer), Girugamesh and Gazette.

For Korean...eh...I'm not a big fan of Korean music but I do like some of BoA's stuff, as well as As One. BoA's also got some good Japanese stuff too.

If you want more exotic (as far as Japanese music anyway) I'd go for Asuca Hayashi (DAMN that girl can sing), Kokia, and my personal favorite, Akiko Shikata (I'm in love with this woman. She can sing and write gorgeous music).

...Speaking of which, I'm gonna go listen to some Ayu, brb.

Last edited by Mitchi; 06-07-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: lol typo

06-07-2010   #3 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

If you're looking for pop music

Some Korean artists I listen to are 2PM, Super Junior, Epik High (very recommended for soulful hip-hop!), Big Bang, 2NE1, 4Minute, SHINee, SNSD, Lee Hyori, KARA, After School, BoA, and B2ST (basically the very mainstream ones)

If you're looking for J-rock...well I can't help you much with that, sorry.

these swimming gays ruined my life

06-07-2010   #4 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Utada Hikaru for generic jPop. I've been listening to her music for years. Then again, that's the only Japanese music I listen to.

06-07-2010   #5 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

Have you tried to search in LastFM yet? It's a quite good way to find new music.

06-07-2010   #6 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

YUNA ITO.

/thread

06-07-2010   #7 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

Try looking around here: A small list of Japanese songs to listen to - - Profil3

Continuation of my Japanese song list - - Profil3

Second Continuation for the JP Song List - - Profil3

And here is something I'm listening to right now: YouTube - Eiko Shimamiya - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni PV

06-08-2010   #8 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
And here is something I'm listening to right now: YouTube - Eiko Shimamiya - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni PV
Eiko Shimamiya is amazing. She's up there as one of my favorites andit highly recommended.

06-09-2010   #9 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

Why are you guys recommending pop to someone who listens to Amurrikan music?

If you want J-Rock, L'arc and The Pillows.

06-09-2010   #10 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

For weeaboo stuff, listen to touhou.

Otherwise I like Sound Horizon's stuff.

06-09-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Not many kPop fans here?
From the top of my head, I'd like to drop in TVXQ and Wondergirls in addition to the artists on Ascherit's list.

And give HY a go for jPop; some of their songs are pretty sweet.

06-09-2010   #12 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee

Because she never specified what genre she wanted, just that she wanted Asian music, and a huge majority of that is gonna end up being pop. Kinda like how if you ask someone for Korean music, you end up with a ton of hiphop.

06-09-2010   #13 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

When I read this thread title I thought he was looking for Enka or something... maybe like OPM or chinese ballad xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee

American music has pop too. lol i dunno about you but i listen to a lot of diff genres of american music.

some of what ii'm about to say has been said but it doesn't hurt to have someone second your choice, right?

anyway my fav as far as foreign artists go:

Super Junior
(Bi) Rain
MBLAQ
Hwayobi
L'arc~en~Ciel
w-inds (lol xD)
Perfume
Faye Wong

obligatory Jay Chou plug goes here. i don't care for him but... my friend does. i like rap just not into his stuff

uh yeah those some of my fav but like others said there are a lot of diff types of artist you can check out. also if you tell us what kind of american music you like that helps too.

for example if you like RnB Rain is perfect. He's been my favorite singer many years now.

anyway if you're interested in exploring music outside of American maybe you can check out what other places have to offer too.

inb4 by asian he meant the indian sub continent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Not many kPop fans here?
From the top of my head, I'd like to drop in TVXQ and Wondergirls in addition to the artists on Ascherit's list.

And give HY a go for jPop; some of their songs are pretty sweet.
yeah TVXQ. they just broke up this year but they'll be loved for a long long time (lol like H.O.T). don't get me started on old stuff. I like old stuff

Last edited by PedroRomero; 06-09-2010 at 09:54 PM.

06-09-2010   #14 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Because she never specified what genre she wanted, just that she wanted Asian music, and a huge majority of that is gonna end up being pop. Kinda like how if you ask someone for Korean music, you end up with a ton of hiphop.
R&B, pop, hip-hop, mellow stuff, etc. Pretty much anything. :P

Edit: I like that song that Virus posted very much. :3

Listening to a lot of Yuna Ito. So many artists to listen to.. @_@

Last edited by Yumidesu; 06-09-2010 at 10:29 PM.

06-09-2010   #15 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Rain then. Hwayobi, Epic High, F(x)... I think you'd like Korean artist. I listen to mostly rap and hip hop too when it come to american stuff and that's the type that appeal to me. Some Japanese groups are pretty good and soulful too though none come to mind right at the moment. oh wait MINMI is a japanese singer who is good for that. try Minmi!

06-11-2010   #16 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Sa Dingding; Chinese Folk mixed with some modern influences