ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Official BoA Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/7156-official-boa-thread.html)

Kudaranai 08-18-2008 11:45 PM

Official BoA Thread

Name: Boa Kwon (권보아)
Stage name: BoA
Date of Birth: November 5, 1986 (1986-11-05) (age 22)

Boa Kwon, commonly known by her stage name BoA, is a multilingual Korean singer. She has been active in both South Korea and Japan. Aside from her native Korean, BoA also speaks Japanese and conversational English. She has also released a number of Chinese songs, although she is not able to speak the language itself.

Discography:
Japanese albums
LISTEN TO MY HEART (March, 13 2002)
VALENTI (January, 29 2003)
LOVE & HONESTY (January, 15 2004)
OUTGROW (February, 15 2006)
MADE IN TWENTY(20) (January 17, 2007)
THE FACE (February 27, 2008)

Korean albums

ID; Peace B (August 25, 2000)
NO. 1 (March 13, 2002)
Atlantis Princess (May, 30 2003)
My Name (June 15, 2004)
Girls on Top (June 23, 2005)

English albums
BoA (March 17, 2009)

BoA's Official Blog! [X]

----------------------

This thread will be updated regularly with BoA news, pictures, etc. Also a place for discussions. Yatta!~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f2d385bdm8.jpg

Kudaranai 08-18-2008 11:46 PM

BoA's Official MySpace got a Makeover - MySpace.com - BoA - Pop / J-POP / K-POP - www.myspace.com/BoAmusicUSA

BoA's Official Facebook's also here - BoA | Facebook

Follow BoA on Twitter! - BoA USA (BoA_USA) on Twitter

Sheep 08-18-2008 11:51 PM

Kuda is a BoA fan? O: ahmaigawd.

Kuuuda, you need to make a social group /o/ *goes to learn stuff about BoA*
lol KoreanCupid site ad q-q

Globalastro 08-19-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheep (Post 114242)
Kuda is a BoA fan? O: ahmaigawd.

Kuuuda, you need to make a social group /o/ *goes to learn stuff about BoA*
lol KoreanCupid site ad q-q

as if his avatar didnt give it away :P

BoA kicks butt! and thats all I have to say....
♪♫You're still my number one, kimi to deai.....♪♫

all around favorite english BoA lyrics:
You still my No.1
You're all I'm thinking of
The one I can't deny
I guess you know the sore built inside
I love this song
This all you said and done
You still my No.1

Kudaranai, could you also list her singles? I can get the list for you if you'd like

Kudaranai 08-19-2008 06:19 PM

Mandarin version of LISTEN TO MY HEART sang by ..someone, I don't know the name. But I heard she's a professional singer, just not very popular.

Listen To My Heart 小雪 (MP3下载)·视听在线

(Cre:arpgme @ BOAjjang)

----------------------

Ed Hardy goods that Carlo @ Bjj ordered. I wish I had ordered too .-. (PS, these are expensive as heck .-.)

(Cre: Carlo @ BoAjjang)

Globalastro 08-19-2008 10:06 PM

lol, i wonder if i still have an account at boajjang.

but yeah, tour merch is expensive. ive been meaning to buy some from a bunch of bands, but it would help if i wasnt broke.

any news on any up-comming singles, korean or japanese?

WOAH HO HO!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZOOzzoo from boajjang forums"
A user at Minwoo.com has unearthed the flyer for the 2008 Peace Concert, which will be held at the University of Southern California on April 5.

If the flyer is indeed legitimate, the concert will feature some impressive stars. Top artists such as DBSK, Big Bang, In Soon-I and SE7EN are sure to headline the show alongside BoA, while newcomers including KARA and Wonder Girls will also attract a fair share of K-pop fans in the area.

Is this BoA's first step towards the anticipated U.S. debut? Not likely; this concert is clearly aimed at Korean audience, so expect her typical My Name-Girls on Top routine.

U.S. Debut? how did i not hear about this?? or is it just rumors and speculation?

NEVERMIND i found something about it... so incase anyone didnt know
Quote:

Originally Posted by krnloop
http://krnloop.files.wordpress.com/2...a-us-debut.jpg
BoA and Se7en are lined-up for their US debuts this Spring.

It has been known that BoA is currently preparing for her US album, which is targeted for a release in May while Se7en will drop his US album in 2-3 months.

Se7en started working on his US album in 2006 with famous producers Mark Shimmel, Rich Harrison and recently, with Darkchild. According to a message posted by YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk last February 1, Se7en’s album release is drawing closer.

If Se7en’s US project was made public, BoA’s was a made in a strictly confidential manner. It has just been recently known that producer Peter Rafelson, who has worked with Madonna, is participating in BoA’s album.

2008 seems to be the year for Koreans to advance in the US market for aside from the aforementioned singers, JYP Entertainment’s Lim Jeong Hee and G-Soul are also slated for a US debut this year.

Looks like i might have to do what i did with utada's album.. i was broke then too, but i ended up buying 14 copies.... (i know I=Fail)

Kudaranai 08-19-2008 10:42 PM

Well the caps aren't concert merchandises, but rather just a line from Ed Hardy caps :<

Yes, the BoA-to-USA has been around for a while, though she hasn't done anything.

There is a rumor about a new single in October. But rumors about BoA pops up once every 3 days..so.. we can only hope.

Globalastro 08-19-2008 10:49 PM

lol, yeah, know what you mean, after researching it a bit, i havnt seen anything about any us debut since february.... :(
and on yesasia, the only new release listed to come out is the new avex compilation (which i need to catch up on, i have 3 of them already [official ones])

Ascherit 08-20-2008 09:26 PM

I almost teared up watching her Key of Heart MV. :'< POOR DONGHAE ;o;

Globalastro 08-20-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senpai (Post 117990)
I almost teared up watching her Key of Heart MV. :'< POOR DONGHAE ;o;

LOL... i want MY boyfriend to be an android!!!

but hey, you wanna talk about tearing up???
each time i try to record myself singing Waiting... my voice starts to crack cuz im holding back tears.. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL IM SINGING and i cry..

Kudaranai 08-24-2008 11:47 PM

BoA's replies to fans

also,

Happy 8th Anniversary, BoA!

Kudaranai 08-26-2008 07:12 PM

Holy Crap

Kudaranai 09-02-2008 02:35 AM

BoA Possibly One Step Closer To USA? - BoAjjang Forums

Best of Asia, Bring on America! - BoAjjang Forums

oh my DX!

Globalastro 09-06-2008 03:18 PM

i hate to say this, but along with many boajjiang users (from what i've seen), i'm a little iffy about her coming here, i hope she worked on her english and isnt going to sing "WHIP ME!!"
and have lyrics that include "I LOVE THIS SONG"

{edit} as for the Bad Drive video... "holy crap"? is that the best you can come up with? LOL

the dancing in that is spectacular.

Kudaranai 09-06-2008 03:24 PM

^ BoA's "bad" English - BoAjjang Forums

;o

Globalastro 09-06-2008 03:56 PM

BAD KUDA!! YOU SENT ME TO A PAGE WITH A LINK TO A VIDEO CLIP WITH EDISON.... ::melts:: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY ATTENTION TO BoA, WHEN IM TOO DISTRACTED BY HIS TOTAL CUTENESS AND ACTING CUTE AND EMBARASSED AT HER NERVOUS LAUGH!!!!!!

ok, end rant.. clip over...(man, i really wanna watch it again..... and why hasnt he released here yet... ugh) LOL

{edit} well, i guess the sex scandal could have something to do with it... LOL... wow, stop following an artist for 4 years and BOOM

he hasnt even made a debut in the official US movie scene yet though, has he (if that even works... stupid bbc coding i can never remember, and i totally forgot grudge 2 and didnt realize dark knight).... oh well, back to BoA... i still think she needs some work, but she has gotten better

Kudaranai 09-10-2008 09:37 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >_<!!!!

Teaser for BoA's US Debut single has been released.

Eat You Up (Teaser A, filmed in the US)

Eat You Up (Teaser B, filmed in Korea)

BoA's Official US Site
BoA

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Globalastro 09-12-2008 09:41 PM

can u post a link to the boa usa website pwease? and i found the teasers on vtap... i smell another easy breasy (korean)esy with more publicity. I'm not sure how well the 'eat you up' titles gonna go over and the stoccato in treaser A makes me think its gonna hit the club charts and not much else because i cant see that getting too much radio play :(

but i have my fingers crossed that i didnt get enough of a listen in the teasers and they even started to grow on me. but just remember, even if it hits the top of the club charts it can still flop... (utada had 3 on club charts, Devil Inside actually hit the number 1 spot and people still have no clue who she is.

i kinda hope that if and when (as rumors have it) her 2nd US album will come out, and if boa makes it, that hopefully utada will follow suit and give up sone of the origionality on the singles and go back to her RnB roots.... because detroying the stereotype of asian singers will make it easier for them both and other artists to cross the 'great divide'

Kudaranai 09-12-2008 09:45 PM

^ http://www.boaamerica.com/

It takes a while to load because of the huuuuge flash on the site. You can skip it though

Globalastro 09-13-2008 10:00 AM

nooooooooo is there a link to a non flash start page??? my phone loads a blank page fter 5 minutes NOOOOOOOO :: CRIES AND DIES ::

BTW, the american site isnt s 'religious' as her japanese one used to be, is it?? i mean, it doesnt say 'NOW LORDING' like her japanese one did like as years ago, does it? lol

ooh, i see what it is.. its a stupid pop up that i cant get around and causes my attempts to see the site to be futile lol.... ill just go back to the library on friday