League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-01-2009   #221 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
x___x BoA>Kelly for me. And her album is more expensive lol?
yah, you'd think it'd be the other way around, wouldnt you?

I mean, BoA hasnt gotten much radio play in delaware (if any yet) and you'd think that because of the fact that she's a debut artists, now well known, and with the stigma against "asian" artists with the "asians cant sing" (due in large part to william hung) of many unknowing americans that they'd make the price competitive..

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-01-2009   #222 (permalink)
Won't Notice You
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Noein
Class: Demon Queen
Level: 70
Guild: Smile

Lol true that. Speaking of William Hung, he really wasnt doing Asians any favor by going on American Idol ~__~ I dont care how popular he is with the housewives.

03-01-2009   #223 (permalink)
Won't Notice You
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute

That pic they used there is so hot. :/

03-04-2009   #224 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

From the ZUNE party. I was told she also performed this live there.

via MTV Iggy.

Oh, here it is.

Credit: BoA Rocks In English and bokachu@BJJ + uriboa

Last edited by Kudaranai; 03-04-2009 at 01:14 PM.

03-04-2009   #225 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

amagad i just saw the same exact videos while reading it over at Seoul Beats. LOL;;

03-04-2009   #226 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Is her bra strap suppose to do that ;o

03-04-2009   #227 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Is it just me, or did she sound off-key in the live performance?

Give reputation points when you can!

03-04-2009   #228 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

She did sound kind of odd to me too. I guess it's her jetlag and everything. Traveling from Japan to US back and forth is a lot different than Japan to Korea.

PS: Wtf, if I didn't know any better, I would think seoulbeats stole my posts Q_Q

Last edited by Kudaranai; 03-04-2009 at 03:31 PM.

03-05-2009   #229 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

New photo via BoAamerica.com

-------------------

PS: They layout also changed. There's also a NEW cover of the album. The "BoA" on the album is now rainbow-gradient. Right now there's only a small image on the site, hopefully a larger one will be posted soon. BoA America

-------------------

1. I did it for Love/ Written by Sean Garrett, Melvin K. Watson Jr., Matthew I. Irby

2. Energetic/ Written by Sean Garrett, Yirayah Garcia

3. Did Ya/ Written by C.Karlsson, P.Winnberg, H.Jonback, N,Djafari

4. Look Who's Talking/ Written by C.Karlsson, P.Winnberg, H.Jonback, M.Bell, B.Spears

5. Eat You Up/ Written by C.Karlsson, P.Winnberg, H.Jonback, M.Bell, B.Spears

6. Obsessed/ Written by Troy Verges, Brian Glenn Kennedy, Hillary Lee Lindsey

7. Touched/ Written by C.Karlsson, P.Winnberg, M.Wallbert, Toby Gad, Arama Brown

8. Scream/ Written by Charlie Masson, Sebastian Larsson, Karl-Johan Rasmark

9. Girls On Top/ Written by Young Jin Yoo, Original Lyrics by Young Jin Yoo | English Lyrics by Young-Hu Kim, Lola Fair (Xperimental Music)

10. Dress Off/ Written & Produced by Adrian Newman

11. Hypnotic Dancefloor/ Written by Paolo Galgani , Lisa Rachelle Greene

Official tracks. Right now there's a huge buzz going on whether the "B." in "B. Spears" is Britney Spears, lol.

Last edited by Kudaranai; 03-05-2009 at 07:45 AM.

03-05-2009   #230 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai

Official tracks. Right now there's a huge buzz going on whether the "B." in "B. Spears" is Britney Spears, lol.
i didnt realize you typed that, im assuming it is... i mean, they know each other and have for years, right? so i wouldnt put it past her to let Britney Spears help with some of the songs, not to mention, britney's new album is actually really good (IMO)

03-05-2009   #231 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Higher quality 1:30 clips from her YouTube

----

As of this moment, it is very likely that it IS Britney Spears, since they share the SAME team of writers/composers. It's possible that Britney added a few, or one line to the song, so they credited her.

03-05-2009   #232 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

When I saw that clip, I immediately thought of the MV for Britney Spears's "Stronger".

Give reputation points when you can!

03-05-2009   #233 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Same director, Joseph Kahn.

Joseph Kahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia long resume is long.

03-06-2009   #234 (permalink)
Won't Notice You
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Sexy video ._____. The dance is neat.. almost as good as Britney's Me Against the Music o_o

03-06-2009   #235 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

*wonders if mog is getting paid for the advertising;p

03-06-2009   #236 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

BoA's interview from THR.com
Article Template - DO NOT ADD CONTENT

-----

Previews for ALL of the songs in her album via avex. They're around 30s each.

DISCOGRAPHY | BoA official website

03-07-2009   #237 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

i just realized it after listening to that interview... she talks like a little child, its so cute.

also, just watched the latest live of eien and im starting to worry about her, she doesnt look as happy as usual and her tones going off pitch more often than usual due to so much stress and travel

03-07-2009   #238 (permalink)
Won't Notice You
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Oh man .__. I cant wait for the album now q__q 'Scream' sounds so good ;-;

Having said that, I think its a bit sad that her english album doesnt showcase her vocal talent. Really, it doesnt. They're good songs, but I just cant see the kind of outstanding performance from her thats very obvious in her Japanese and Korean songs. I know shes not as good with English as she is with Japanese, but, I cant help thinking back to songs like "Winter Love", "Atlantis Princess", "Best Friend".. hell, practically all of her Jap and Korean discography speaks of a very talented vocalist. But if you're someone whos just been exposed to her music, and you listen to the stuff on her english album.. its good and catchy, but nothing special. :/ The english songs sound too synthesized and "mixed" in my opinion.. I cant hear any part where shes just singing, and singing powerfully with her own voice. ]:

Am I being too harsh? Anyone else agree? ._.

03-07-2009   #239 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Not really. I never though ID; Peace B and Sara were great songs. They're okay, and they were first songs as well. Valenti didn't even come out until a few singles later.So I've been hoping that as she releases new stuff, they'll get better.

----

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniez @ Soompi

Rough translation from Music Station:

Intro:
The MC Takeuchi Yoshie introduced that BoA is making her US debut on March 17th and will be performing a lost love song today.
Tamori-san: "Are you making a US debut?"
BoA: "Yes, this will be my 3rd debut. I came here from Los Angeles yesterday."
Tamori-san: "You're really busy aren't you? I ask for your favor."
BoA: "I ask for your favor"

Takeuchi mentioned that Tohoshinki is from the same company as BoA and is her junior.
Tamori-san: "What kind of senior is BoA?"
Changmin: "When we first came to Japan, BoA gave us many advices. BoA is really cool on stage, she's a wonderful senior."
Tamori-san: "In reality, BoA's not that good of a senior right?"~ jokingly
Takeuchi: "How do you feel BoA?"
BoA (to Changmin): "Is that so?" "But we get along really well, I think they're cool."

M Topics:
Coincidentally enough, one of the main topics for Friday's M-Topi was regarding a cover song that Utada is doing for her new US album.
"After 5 years, Utada will release a new English album titled "This is The One". This album will also be released in the US, among the songs in the album is a cover song 'Merry Christmans Mr. Lawrence' from the movie 'Senjou no Merry Christmas'. It took her 2 years to make this song."
They played Utada's Come Back to Me MV and the rearranged cover song during this segment. But it was kind of interesting because they showed BoA's face on the small screen for the majority of the time during Utada's M-topic and BoA was looking down at the screen the entire time, so she didn't seem to have any kind of expression. But I wonder what BoA really thinks of it.

Talk:
Takeuchi: "On the 17th of this month, BoA-san will debut in the US".
Tamori-san & Takeuchi: "Congratulations"
BoA: "Thank you"
Tamori-san: "How long have you been preparing for this?"
BoA: "2 years ago, talks about the US debut came about. I started recording from 1.5 years ago. How do I say it... the US debut was prepared in secrecy. A lot of my Japanese staffs didn't even know about it."
Tamori-san: "The language must not be ok for you right?"
BoA: "I've forgotten a considerable amount. Since a year ago, I've been practicing English everyday/throughout the day with my tutors.
Tamori-san: "They're with you throughout the day?"
BoA: "Yes, I live with them in the US"
Tamori-san: "Have you become proficient?"
BoA: "I'm good at the industry language"
Tamori-san: "Industry language?"
BoA: "It was the same for me for Japanese. Sorry, what I mean is the words that are often used during work. (BoA gave examples of some words that I'm not familiar with, but I think these are words that are often used in the music/entertainment business). But when I went to go to the supermarket to buy foods, I didn't know what "beef" was since I don't know the kanji (chinese character). I had to ask 'excuse me, which one is beef?' so I felt like I was really stupid. (Here BoA is saying that she's good with words that are used in her daily works but she's not good with regular everyday language)
Tamori-san: "That must have been hard for you"
BoA: "Yes"

I found the full episode of Music Station:
Part 1: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzYxMjg0ODg=.html
Part 2: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzYxMzYxMDA=.html

Other interesting stuff:
So apparently after this Music Station performance, BoA's height became a recommended search item for BoA on Yahoo Japan. I guess she did looked really tiny compared to the Tohoshinki boys.

I just found out recently that Chisa, the lead vocalist from Avex's new group Girl Next Door used to be BoA's backup dancer during BoA's 2005 tour. I personally don't like Chisa and it seems like a lot of people in Japan don't like her either because she's very stuck up and brags a lot, plus she can't sing. But they're the new "IT" artist/group in Avex and Avex is pushing for them like crazy so their sales have been pretty good. I wonder if BoA even knows that her former back up dancer is now a singer in the same company as her... But I'm really frustrated by the lack of promotions that Avex is doing for BoA in comparison to their other artists. Heck, even Tohoshinki got a commercial for their new album during Music Station- I didn't see anything for BoA.

;o; @ the beef part

Last edited by Kudaranai; 03-07-2009 at 03:42 PM.

03-08-2009   #240 (permalink)
Won't Notice You
Special
Games
Awards MoM Award

Dont they teach hanja/kanji in Korea q__q?

ID;Peace B and Sara are far from my favorite songs imo .-. Dont think Sara is even that great. I tend to skip it sometimes on the album rofl.