ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Utada (Hikaru) Discussion Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/69774-utada-hikaru-discussion-thread.html)

Globalastro 02-01-2010 03:36 AM

Utada (Hikaru) Discussion Thread

So. Although her releases are far and few between, I might as well try to start one.

New radio single off of This Is The One!!!
Dirty Desires was chosen as the 2nd radio single with a total of 8 remixes (well, 3 with different versions, Radio/Dub/Extended)

Also, Rumors of new japanese single in the works!
Show Me Love

AND she is Touring in the US through february!

Will update with videos if theyre ever released for Dirty Desires and Show Me Love

FlamesBlader 02-02-2010 11:15 AM

I like/love Utada ;D
Too bad I dun live in the US -_-

Mega 02-02-2010 11:32 AM

Her tour area's are pretty much all the big places like LA :/

No where even close to where I live ._.

But ya Utada's music is awesome, I dont know why they dont play it on the radio :<

Tea 02-02-2010 03:23 PM

You can probably request it on your radio stations.. well those that play pop n what not.

Mega 02-02-2010 03:46 PM

I've actually tried that and they still haven't ever played any of her songs.

Globalastro 02-03-2010 07:57 AM

Currently, the only stations I know of playing it in my area is the dance station run by a local highschool. But it is an official radio station. They also play some of BoA's US Radio singles.

The first night I heard Dirty Desire play on it, I was at a gas station getting pissy because my BoA cd was skipping like hell. Pulled it out to switch cd's, put in the other cd and said "wait... i know that song....." pulled it back out and realized what it was and started seriously freaking out lol.

Nanaya 02-04-2010 12:35 AM

She had a concert here a couple of days ago, too bad I didn't go. As for radio, I've heard stations play Come Back to Me every so often when it was still fresh.

Globalastro 02-04-2010 10:31 PM

She's still getting the short end of the stick when it comes to actual advertising.

Although I did hear come back to me on that mtv show trying to be like Fame (The Tv Series) and freaked out lol

Globalastro 02-10-2010 12:08 PM

Woot, In the Flesh concert clips!!! quality isnt the best, but these are the best i could find. Supposedly, security was tighter than... well, i'm not gonna go there :P

This one (LA venue)

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence ~FYI

Poppin (2 minute clip warning, at 1:15 turn the volume down!! lol)

Sakura Drops

Passion

Stay Gold

warning, the following are sideways apparently in order to hide the camera from security
Kremiln Dusk

Devil Inside

Mitchi 02-10-2010 02:19 PM

You'd think that with the popularity of the KH games and with how much people like "Simple and Clean" and "Passion" that she'd get more coverage, but really, in the US, she's essentially just an unknown. I read somewhere that she's one of the top artists in Online markets (as in people buying digital music) but in terms of her CD sales in the US...well...all I have to say really is "Exodus."

Really what she needs is more promotion. Exodus was barely promoted at all, so not even a lot of her fans knew of it (I only found it because I've always been a huge fan of hers, but one store here had it). A Japanese artist is less likely to be played on a radio station than some mediocre American artist because only private radio stations will play stuff like this (there's one local station here that plays a TON of K-pop, but I think it's a college station or something). It's kinda sad but as far as listeners go, people who like asian pop (in the US anyway) are a minority as compared to people who like bad rap and crappy alternative.

Also, boo, I can't watch the vids. my internet sucks too hardcore for youtube :(

Shazbot 02-11-2010 08:08 PM

It's been two years now and I still like her song Automatic from one of her old albums. '-'
Not the remix one. Dx

Globalastro 02-13-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilShazbot (Post 1154288)
It's been two years now and I still like her song Automatic from one of her old albums. '-'
Not the remix one. Dx

LOL, that was her debut single, off the album First Love.

I love both the regular and the remix of it.