Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electric Guitar

Hallo. Tis me.

Wondering if anyone has any tips for getting better at electric guitar.

I probably know.. basics to amateur, but want to get better at it.

Are there any videos out there that you would personally recommend? Anything that helped you in learning it? Tabs for famous songs?

Thanks.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

I made a similiar thread and there wasn't much help.

So I tried to look for some myself.

It's hard to just start off playing easy songs and then moving to increasingly difficult songs.

Rather, just find a song that looks moderate, and try to stick to it. By doing this, you'll warm up and practice finger movements that'll help for other songs, and increasingly get better at the guitar. By doing this routine, you'll get better, and then try to set a goal song, which should be fairly difficult, and try to slowly work yourself to be able to play that goal song.

Currently, I'm trying to play Red Hot Chili Pepper songs, but my goal is to be able to play Bad Apple!! (which happens to be my favorite song)

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

01-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
Fireflies & Lightning Bug

Note is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the rough
Guild: FrenchBread

Take it slowly.. Don't rush your self.. Been playing for around 3~4 years.. maybe you are better than me but I unno.. I started playing the bass like 1 1/2 years ago and stopped I played it for about 3 months and I think I'm going back to give it a shot again..

The latest riffs I did halfway is

Spoiler!

Last bass riffs I played..
Spoiler!

PS: I'm not the actual player but I can definitely can play them and video them, sadly I don't have any rigs atm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXMeeRee
Currently, I'm trying to play Red Hot Chili Pepper songs, but my goal is to be able to play Bad Apple!! (which happens to be my favorite song)
RHCP.. <3

Pretty much music theory will really help you.. Turning back to basics is still the best thing to do when you are having trouble with things that looks hard..

Last edited by Note; 01-15-2010 at 07:31 PM.

01-16-2010   #4 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

I'd say start off with Nirvana songs they're quite easy in my opinion. I learned how to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in like a week. However I can't read tabs (only music) so can't really help you with tabs.

01-16-2010   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, okay. The reasons I was wondering if there were any specific exercises that helped was cause I found on randomly (and now can't find anything else) that taught me the blues scale as well as some picking exercises.

I'll try to look through those songs (though flight of the bumble bee may be kinda.. D: )

Edit: I suppose I should give some history.

Hmm. I started out with the guitar, like.. 7 years ago ish. Learned mostly from watching other people in my church play. Didn't really have a teacher. But I learned all the chords and barring from that. The guy who got me the guitar was actually a teacher and he helped me out occasionally, though.

As it turns out, though, my acoustic guitar didn't have a electric plugin. So I asked the guy if he could get me one that could plug in. And, yes, I knew no terms. So he misunderstood that as an electric guitar. So I've had it for ~5 years, but never really touched it. When I did, I mostly played power chords or just played a chord and arpeggio-ed so I never really learned any fancy riffs and stuff.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO NOW.

K. Story time done.

Last edited by buta; 01-16-2010 at 11:10 AM.

01-25-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

I play the electric guitar, and I really just play for fun. If you want to get better, I recommend you playing some easy songs to start off with, then work your way up. Easiest song that you can learn: Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. xD There's like hundreds of tutorials just for that song on youtube. The only difference between electric and acoustic is really basically the ringing and of course (you plug in the electric guitar. xD) Sorry, I don't think I'm being much help.

01-26-2010   #7 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

OMG MUSICIANS ON THE FORUMS!
The only real differences between electric and acoustic is really that (I think?) the action (height of the strings above the neck / body) on an electric is lower, so it SHOULD be easier to play. Which is why most guitar players try acoustic first. I play for 6 months now, I have lessons (Electric, Squier Telecaster<3.
I WANNA BE ABLE TO PLAY MULTIPLE INSTRUMENTS. I want to play keyboard / piano and acoustic as well. Cause I like them

Really, the best exercise is to find a a song you like, and practice it. Also, it's better to start slow than go 'OMG GUITAR HERO OMG I ROCK'. When you start slow, you'll become faster than the other person who went 'OMG GH'.

Currently learning how to play Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends. I could share tabs if you like

Last edited by FlamesBlader; 01-26-2010 at 06:06 AM.