ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Concert Experinces (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/64827-concert-experinces.html)

CountBlood 11-29-2009 10:36 AM

Concert Experinces

Sup guys, I've been gone for awhile but now I'm back! :py12:

Anyway, last month I went to my first "real" concert. The headliners were Dance Gavin Dance, and Emarosa. Both bands are may I say AMAZING live! :py55:

FYI if you haven't heard of these bands that's no surprise there not very well known metal bands but they have amazing singers! At the concert when Dance Gavin Dance came out they opened up with my favorite song and as soon as the first note was hit I was instantly in mosh pit :py01: Got to say I thought mosh pits were pretty stupid but I had some fun!

Also another cool part of the concert is that the singer from Emarosa used to be the singer of Dance Gavin Dance and he came out and sang with DGD while they performed!

here's some vids of the concert if you're interested!

Dance Gavin Dance- Uneasy hearts weigh the most (AMAZING song imo)

Of Mice and Men- Poker Face (supporting act) got the crowd excited

I'd love to hear about your guys experinces, feel free to post!

Peace out!:py54:

Jumpstart 11-30-2009 04:45 PM

Did you go to the Squash the Beef tour? I'd post some videos of my time there but they're crappy quality, and I almost lost my phone during the Dance Gavin Dance portion.

Though other than that concert, I've been to Warped tour '09 (one of my favorites), and The Devil Wears Prada recently. Both very fun experiences. I actually got to meet Craig Owens formerly of Chiodos during warped tour.

CountBlood 11-30-2009 06:38 PM

Yeah squash the beef tour! :P

I'm hoping to see TDWP on the 14th if my dad will let me go

I really want to see them and of mice and men.. Apparently they aren't playing with All That Remains or Haste The Day here, but are doing the leave it to the suits tour

Dook 11-30-2009 10:51 PM

Ohay I love that DGD song.

I've only been in a few rock concerts. I went to a local one where the bands are mostly teenagers and unsigned. But still, it was amazing to see what a couple of red bulls per person can do to the crowd lol. Even when a ska band was playing, people were moshing and did that thing where they run around in a circle o_O

The biggest rock concert I went to was Evanescence. Amy's voice was mesmerizing as always but the crowd energy was lame.

I need more money to go to good concerts.

Javier 12-01-2009 09:17 AM

I've been to several tiny open-air gigs of unknowns as well as open mic night thingys. As far as major concerts go, I've been to (in the past couple of years):

- Muse
- Coldplay ($299 tickets... I still don't know how I got convinced to buy those tickets x.x)
- Nine inch Nails
- Gwen Stefani

Next year, I'll be catching Muse again. Oh and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I can hardly believe they're actually flying halfway across the world to come and play here in SG lol.

Belphybear 12-01-2009 11:28 AM

Hell, my first concert experience was two months ago. Although, it was really a performance.

Oh, and the band playing was Ulver. And do you know what was disappointing? I was the youngest one there, everyone else were in their 20s to 30s.

Note 12-01-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1075197)
I've been to several tiny open-air gigs of unknowns as well as open mic night thingys. As far as major concerts go, I've been to (in the past couple of years):

- Muse
- Coldplay ($299 tickets... I still don't know how I got convinced to buy those tickets x.x)
- Nine inch Nails
- Gwen Stefani

Next year, I'll be catching Muse again. Oh and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I can hardly believe they're actually flying halfway across the world to come and play here in SG lol.

I envy you for seeing coldplay and muse live.. :py56::py56:

CountBlood 12-01-2009 07:00 PM

Dang $299 tickets did you have good seats at least?

Jumpstart 12-02-2009 03:41 PM

I would've paid $299 for a ticket that had Coldplay, Snow Patrol, and The Silversun Pickups playing.
Of Mice& Men are a really, really good band even though they haven't released anything out so far. If you like Emarosa try listening to Of Machines. They sound very similar to them. Hell, try listening to all the bands that played the Squash the Beef tour, all of them were amazing.

Belphybear 12-02-2009 04:02 PM

I went to one of Beethoven's concerts back in the day. It was the shit back then; much better than the crap I hear today.

CountBlood 12-02-2009 04:37 PM

Dang dood you must be old!