Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone want to recommend me some English singers?

I've been mostly listening to Jpop these days (even though I don't speak Japanese). My first impression on English pop songs a while back haven't been too great due to the massive amount of cliche love songs (some lyrics just made me go like: yeah, heard that before, un huh, okay) and gangster-ish songs (rap and what not) that are on the radio. Now, I'd like to give it another try.

In terms of genre, I like the ... traditional pop?(don't know if I should call it that). Things like ballads generally with acoustic accompaniment, or rock and maybe a bit of R&B. Hip pop, rap, death metal, and hardcore R&B aren't really my thing.

In the music itself, I like songs with a full sound, as in, with a good variety of instruments with an expected amount of bass. Songs with solo piano or guitar accompaniment is okay, as long as there are some other minor instrument lines added once in awhile. I prefer the chorus part to be more dramatic and stand out from the verses. Electronic sounds don't bother me much, unless there's such an abundance that it becomes a rave.

Lastly, if it comes down to a male singer or a female singer, I'd prefer the female singer. I guess I like how the higher voice stands out more from the accompaniment.

My favourite Jpop singer is Ayu if that helps

Thanks for reading and helping. =]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Hm Utada Hikaru is a English AND Japanese singer and I really like the music she does. It's like pop/R&B type stuff (her new cd).

Hm right now I like Cobra Starship, Katy Perry, Britney Spears (she got better!), and Lady GaGa (not all of her songs though....)

Hope this helps, but these are like the more popular singers right now in the US.

09-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

iloovedoggies will become famous soon enoughiloovedoggies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to iloovedoggies
IGN: zomgangela
Class: Soul Master
Level: 210
Guild: WhiteLotus

mmm i'll list some singers/songs that i personally like
(artist - song name)

natalie - crazy (hip hop/pop ish)
i like this song because the singer's voice is very "pretty" and the song overall gives me a very soft, peaceful feeling to it

all time low - break your little heart (punk rock)
i like this one because it is very catchy and it makes me kinda hyper. my parents consider it "loud music" so i guess i wouldn't recommend it if you don't quite like punk rock, but i personally enjoy it a lot.

jojo - how to touch a girl (hip hop/jazz/r&b)
this song is a slow, jazzy sort of song. i personally think jojo has a beautiful and strong voice

i dont think any of those 3 are quite similar to ayu... but um if you know some english songs and/or singers and listed them out, i think it'd be much easier to give you a list of reccomendation
that's what i do for my friends. when they want songs, i ask them to make a list of singers/songs they like already so i can use that list and find similar songs >_<

09-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
Hm Utada Hikaru is a English AND Japanese singer and I really like the music she does. It's like pop/R&B type stuff (her new cd).

Hm right now I like Cobra Starship, Katy Perry, Britney Spears (she got better!), and Lady GaGa (not all of her songs though....)

Hope this helps, but these are like the more popular singers right now in the US.
HI MEGA =D I do have Hikki's albums on my mp3. I didn't mention her because I figure not the majority of English song listeners would know her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloovedoggies
mmm i'll list some singers/songs that i personally like
(artist - song name)

natalie - crazy (hip hop/pop ish)
i like this song because the singer's voice is very "pretty" and the song overall gives me a very soft, peaceful feeling to it

all time low - break your little heart (punk rock)
i like this one because it is very catchy and it makes me kinda hyper. my parents consider it "loud music" so i guess i wouldn't recommend it if you don't quite like punk rock, but i personally enjoy it a lot.

jojo - how to touch a girl (hip hop/jazz/r&b)
this song is a slow, jazzy sort of song. i personally think jojo has a beautiful and strong voice

i dont think any of those 3 are quite similar to ayu... but um if you know some english songs and/or singers and listed them out, i think it'd be much easier to give you a list of reccomendation
that's what i do for my friends. when they want songs, i ask them to make a list of singers/songs they like already so i can use that list and find similar songs >_<
Hm.. my last serious search for English music had been awhile ago so I don't remember that much. I can only name 3 out of the top of my head right now.
Everywhere by Michelle Branch
Numb by Linkin' Park
and Our song by Taylor Swift

Thanks both of you for the recommendations. I'll check out the artists when I got an hour or two to blow.

09-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

iloovedoggies will become famous soon enoughiloovedoggies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to iloovedoggies
IGN: zomgangela
Class: Soul Master
Level: 210
Guild: WhiteLotus

ooh okay (:
mm tell me what u think of those 3 songs i recommended when you have the time [:
then i'll try to give better/more songs? xD

09-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point
HI MEGA =D I do have Hikki's albums on my mp3. I didn't mention her because I figure not the majority of English song listeners would know her.

Hm.. my last serious search for English music had been awhile ago so I don't remember that much. I can only name 3 out of the top of my head right now.
Everywhere by Michelle Branch
Numb by Linkin' Park
and Our song by Taylor Swift

Thanks both of you for the recommendations. I'll check out the artists when I got an hour or two to blow.
Oooo i like Linkin' Park and Taylor Swift too! Their newer songs are pretty good.

I know Utada from Kingdom Hearts and ever since I heard Simple and Clean I've been listening to her music ever since :O (Most people at my school have no idea who she is...she needs more publicity in the US!)

09-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Enrique Iglesias: Pop + some Latin
Backstreet Boys: Pop
The Veronicas : Pop (Electropop in their latest album)

09-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

have you tried Lady Gaga?

some of Gwen Stefani too. some of it though.

Fergie.

Frou Frou.

Shakira.

09-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Hm..

You should look into Loreena McKennit. She's got some amazing pipes on her and does some very soothing, celtic type music.

Since you said you like Linkin park, you could try Tsunami Bomb, Paramore and some AFI, though their stuff is kinda a mixed bag really. I'd also recommend Bad Religion.

09-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

BoA :>

Her 2 new songs: /forum/959842-post350.html

Her album is pretty good.

09-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero

Frou Frou.

Shakira.
What Duke said. Though, Shakira is quite bizarre now. I watched her 'she wolf' video and she was totally hot and all but I was like "what the hell is this song." lol

Anyway, more for you to check out:

-Alanis Morissette
-Leona Lewis
-Sarah McLachlan
-Joss Stone
-Duffy
-Feist
-Lily Allen
-Tori Amos
-Beyonce

..just to name a few of my favourite female artistes.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

09-10-2009   #12 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
have you tried Lady Gaga?

some of Gwen Stefani too. some of it though.

Fergie.

Frou Frou.

Shakira.
Bolded for truth.

Honestly, look up any pop diva now and you'll find that they've got at least 1 or 2 big songs that'll probably catch your ear.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

09-16-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

If you like rock, then try some rock bands? They tend to have much better and more meaningful lyrics anyway.

Mae, Relient K, Paramore, Trapt, Spitalfield, The Ataris, etc.

Mae is a wonderful band btw <3

I'm listening to this Paramore song atm as I type :x