ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Official Girls' Generation discussion thread. (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/46165-official-girls-generation-discussion-thread.html)

MsSquid 05-02-2009 10:05 PM

Official Girls' Generation discussion thread.

mamoru 05-02-2009 10:11 PM

They're a very modern and modest band.

Ascherit 05-02-2009 10:35 PM

"BA-BO!"

Oh Heechul. `___`

Daicho 05-03-2009 01:20 AM

Senpai that video made me ROFL so much ><

I kind of like SNSD but not that much :/ I do have some of their songs on my itunes though.

Tea 05-03-2009 10:13 AM

himnae / way to go

Tiffany - By Myself (JaMyung Go OST]

Kudaranai 05-04-2009 07:13 AM

I kept seeing Yoona as an actress and not a singer now, lol. I just finished You Are My Destiny and starting to watch Cinderella Man.

PedroRomero 05-04-2009 08:46 AM

i heard that one of the members is racist against black people. my friend was telling me about it and that's why they are being protested for the hollywood celebration

Metty 05-04-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 819142)
i heard that one of the members is racist against black people. my friend was telling me about it and that's why they are being protested for the hollywood celebration

According to SNSD LEADER IS A RACIST! | ShenYuePop which I googled up out of curiosity its because one of them supposedly said that Alicia Keys is “For a black person she’s really pretty” which in all honesty to me doesn't sound racist. Different people find different things attractive/pretty/cute etc.

PedroRomero 05-04-2009 09:06 AM

there was another thing too. there's an all black group who covers korean songs and they covered one of SNSD song and the girl was shaking her head and mad and she left the room but the others were like "oh they're really cool!" and stuff

Metty 05-04-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 819167)
there was another thing too. there's an all black group who covers korean songs and they covered one of SNSD song and the girl was shaking her head and mad and she left the room but the others were like "oh they're really cool!" and stuff

That could just be down to musical taste. Like how I feel Snoop Dog butchered the Johny Cash songs as I quite like Johny Cash but not Snoop Dog. Or how I've heard on the radio when traveling what I assume is one of my favourite Journey songs and it ends up being in my opinion a travesty of the original by having rap thrown into it.

PedroRomero 05-04-2009 09:09 AM

they were covering one of SNSDs song.

edit- oh wait i see hat you're saying. but they covered exactly like them. it not like they changed it around. methinks. i should ask my friend who really into korean music more about it.

but either way i think she shouldn't take it so personal to be huffing and puffing about it. that was an inappropiate reaction to be sure... i not trying to say they ARE racist or they not. i don't really know. i just repeating what i heard >_<

Kudaranai 05-05-2009 03:12 PM

Of all news sources, don't take what ShenYuePop blogs to heart - or anywhere, really. The blog itself exists sorely to bash Korean (and other) celebrities. It's the cesspool of blogs.

Also, it's the stuff like "I heard that..." or "Someone told me that..." that gets spread around like a disease. We can't be sure of what they did, or didn't do. Most of these "news" were created from antis/other fanatics of popular male groups that do not like SNSD being "nice to their oppas" or vice versa. It's ridiculous, and they really need to get over it.

Kebin 05-09-2009 08:05 PM

Gee has been stuck in my head for like weeks T_T

Tea 05-10-2009 01:52 PM

Covers

PedroRomero 05-10-2009 02:23 PM

@ first one. that audience sucked at clapping! ahahaha... that's my per peeve when i watch performances. if the freaking audience doesn't know how to clap along properly.

the covers were better to me... but mostly cos i already don't like the song gee anyway. the only song by the group i like pretty much is "into the world" i think that's the title

Kebin 05-11-2009 06:20 PM

Other ones got deleted ;-;
stupid copyrights

Tea 05-28-2009 08:06 PM

Myself - Tiffany (male version/ pitch lowered with program) << her voice makes a great guy voice.. no joke.

Belphybear 05-29-2009 08:53 AM

It took me 2 months to remember and identify each member. :C

Kudaranai 05-29-2009 03:05 PM

...lool. I thought it would've been hard as well. But as I watch them on tv shows, it becomes easier since all of them are different.

To this day, I still can't name all of Super Junior's members, however.

Joey 05-29-2009 09:47 PM

SNSD has some sexies in it :v

For real though, I hear Tiffany is a serious *****. Y/N?