MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > General Discussion > Music

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2008   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80
Default Project [Finished]: Mega Man 7 - Shade Man (Mario Paint Composer)

Yeah, I know, it's technically a game, but it's mostly a music project. If in need to move, you have my consent.

Anywho, this would be my 5th MPC video I have made. If interested, then take a run through my profile (asianrocklobster). Hope you'll enjoy???

And in other news, my first MPC video (Dr. Mario - Fever) got posted on joystiq.com....sweet (never noticed it till now)!

Dr. Mario charges $10 fee to play on WiiWare - Joystiq

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sExYgIrL93 is on a distinguished road

One thing I hate about MPC musicians is that they only tend to use musical notes, such as heart or plane, instead of unique notes like yoshi, cat, dog etc. IMO that defeats the point of MPC, might as well use a MIDI maker

06-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Ooh, that was interesting.

Fancy composing with mushrooms & Mario-faces. Too bad I'm not musically-inclined, can't do such stuff.

=)

06-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Understandable, but the way I see it is creating a tribute or rendition to the songs, no matter what the notes you use. Moreover, the unique notes are tough to use in most MPC remixes, so most of the time I use the usual notes. I tried using other notes for my MPC songs, but they do not sound well most of the time. Granted, if one would use those particular notes where it is noticeable, kudos. But, I have yet seen it on the more neater and majority of songs. Besides, I believe every note provided by MPC is just as valid as the dog, baby, or pig sounds. Thus it meets the point of using MPC.

Heck, I think all the notes are unique, they're just so wacky XD

As for a type of MIDI maker, meh... I find MPC much more fun and challenging considering the restrictions.

I do however try to make my remixes my uniqueness by at least adding things that are nonexistent in the actual song. Occasionally, I'll add some dogs, cats, etc. into it if it fits.

In this Mega Man song in particular, I threw in some drumrolls and subtle tweaks to make less of a carbon copy to the actual Shade Man.