ggFTW (
-   Music (
-   -   R.I.P Whitney Houston (

YenSai 02-11-2012 06:40 PM

R.I.P Whitney Houston
As the title says...What a loss, I'm in shock :py56:

From an article about her death:

"LOS ANGELES – Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died, Fox News confirms. She was 48."

"The entertainer, whose incredible talent was discovered at an early age, was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. (6:55 p.m. ET) on February 11, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton despite resuscitation efforts, a police spokesman said."

Chris 02-11-2012 06:43 PM

Not a big fan of her, but I know she was a great diva. Plus she sang/was friends with the diva of the divas ;o;

Rest in peace...

kuyaBaka 02-11-2012 07:40 PM

Definitely one of my favorite singers, ever. As soon as I found out the news, I've just been playing all her songs on repeat all day. I know my mom must be taking this pretty hard since she's been a fan of hers for a long time now.

My condolences to the family.

AnaSyami 02-11-2012 08:20 PM

^ My mom loved her songs as well..she was a great singer
It's sad to see that drug abuse has been killing off many famous people these past years.. I hope in a way it's not in vain and I hope people learn not to do drugs even though it's so sad and common now a days everyone has tried this or that type of it's trying a new dish of food of some sort. Really pisses me off when people try sounding cool cause they've tried drugs or act like its acceptable. Never do drugs idc if it's 'medicinal' or what ever they say, unless the doctor told you to use it it's not really for you to use, stop being stupid people, just stop..