Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-08-2011   #1 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste
Default Electronic Music!!!

I'm making a thread for the purpose of discussing, or in the case of this forum dumping massive amounts of youtube videos, electronic music. Mostly because electronic music is filled with even more niche genres than rock music, and this forum is on the slower side, so making a thread for each genre would be pretty futile and I still don't expect this thread to get much posts.

Also, everyone should check out this guide: Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music | New Home on Techno.org

Just so the thread doesn't get filled with people referring to everything as Techno or Electro. Also, the guide is a bit outdated, so you won't be seeing things like dubstep on there, and it's filled with dumb biases. It's still alright, though. But enough about things that aren't music. Post everything, absolutely everything you like! From hardstyle, to ambient!

Starting off with this jam from Justice:

And this ridiculously long track from Dusty Kid:

Someone please post so I don't feel like an idiot for typing all of this.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-08-2011   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

It's nice to know the categories and sub-categories for all the electronic stuff that I've been listening to for the past 7 years or so. But I think I've told you before, my favorites are Trancecore and Happy Hardcore. I basically just like party music that doesn't make a huge fuss with long ****ing breakdowns. That's my electronic music of choice :v

09-08-2011   #3 (permalink)
No good next to diamonds
Games
Neo SteamValkyrie SkyTrickster OnlineTribal Wars

JoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud of
IGN: Pinfire
Level: 50

I only wish there were musical samples that we could listen to for each subcategory.

09-08-2011   #4 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyDivision
I only wish there were musical samples that we could listen to for each subcategory.
There are, you have to click on the categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
It's nice to know the categories and sub-categories for all the electronic stuff that I've been listening to for the past 7 years or so. But I think I've told you before, my favorites are Trancecore and Happy Hardcore. I basically just like party music that doesn't make a huge fuss with long ****ing breakdowns. That's my electronic music of choice :v
I don't listen to a lot of Happy Hardcore myself, but my favorite artists I've listened to from the genre are J-core guys like DJ Technorch and DJ Sharpnel.

Last edited by MsSquid; 09-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.

09-08-2011   #5 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

If you're into some dark ambient stuff, here's a few I've made using sounds/music from Trickster Online:

/watch?v=T0_VbsCADgA
/watch?v=wKywVkYWR0U

Nothing too serious, made for my own entertainment.

Last edited by Jon; 09-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.

09-08-2011   #6 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
If you're into some dark ambient stuff, here's a few I've made using sounds/music from Trickster Online:

/watch?v=T0_VbsCADgA
/watch?v=wKywVkYWR0U

Nothing too serious, made for my own entertainment.
These actually aren't bad at all. Very well crafted, in fact. Especially the second track. What did you use to make them?

Welp, I'm hungry for attention, so I might as well shoehorn in my own stuff since you did it. It's just all stuff I make in my free time. There's no real consistency between the tracks I uploaded except that most of them are heavy on chiptunes. Some tracks are weirder than others.

Last edited by MsSquid; 09-08-2011 at 09:03 PM.

09-08-2011   #7 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
These actually aren't bad at all. Very well crafted, in fact. Especially the second track. What did you use to make them?
Thanks for saying so. With the first one, I was just messing around; with the second one I was a little more serious about it.

Anyway, I used Goldwave (I know, I am a horrible person). Creating sounds/ambient pieces with Goldwave actually isn't that bad if you have sources. :P

Last edited by Jon; 09-08-2011 at 08:55 PM.

09-08-2011   #8 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Thanks for saying so. With the first one, I was just messing around; with the second one I was a little more serious about it.

Anyway, I used Goldwave (I know, I am a horrible person). Creating sounds/ambient pieces with Goldwave actually isn't that bad if you have sources. :P
I actually had no idea what Goldwave was until this post. It seems like a more pimped out version of Audacity.

09-08-2011   #9 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
I actually had no idea what Goldwave was until this post. It seems like a more pimped out version of Audacity.
Pretty much, yeah.

Also, I really like your music, Clawface (they are brilliant). I lack the creativity and ability to make tracks from scratch; your works of art are similar to what I would make if I could though. Keep up the grand work (I don't have a soundcloud account otherwise I would favorite/follow/comment)!

09-08-2011   #10 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ reminds me of Aphex Twin o-o

09-08-2011   #11 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Oh god, And One. I am just so bloody fond of them, so quirky.

I listen to a lot of EBM and synthpop and shit ; u;

モノノ怪

09-09-2011   #12 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Nu jazz is the way to go for me:

Btw, the guide covers far too many genres and most of them aren't really "electonic" in sound. This list of electronic sub-genres is probably a better example: http://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic/

Last edited by Belphybear; 09-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.

09-19-2011   #13 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Bump because this thread will only die when I die.

Ilkae are an incredibly underrated group. They make strange childlike music that sounds like it could the soundtrack for a trippy videogame.
Spoiler!

You can get all of their albums from their bandcamp. You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to, but throw a couple bucks at them if you like their music. I'd recommend starting with Pistachio Island.

Last edited by MsSquid; 10-17-2011 at 03:05 PM.

10-17-2011   #14 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Against my better judgement, I'm bumping this thread.

Rustie, he makes music:
Spoiler!

10-21-2011   #15 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough

10-27-2011   #16 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

Hmmm I don't really know how to classify stuff . . . I just like what I like :/

Dumping Nomic ~ He makes me shiver

Woah, let's stop here orz

10-31-2011   #17 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belphybear
Pretty jammin' track. There's lots of 90s cheese, and I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pshfrk
You Tube Bonanza!
Eh, not really my thing.

11-02-2011   #18 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Oh hey, it's Moodyman. Deep house is awesome, isn't it?

Last edited by Belphybear; 11-02-2011 at 05:07 PM.

11-03-2011   #19 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belphybear
Oh hey, it's Moodyman. Deep house is awesome, isn't it?

I don't really know much about Deep House outside of Moodymann and Theo Parish, but I love them both dearly. Moodymann is one of my favorite artists ever.

11-05-2011   #20 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Requesting anything dark and/or disturbing.
Possibly drum and bass or wubwub
something like this