ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Electronic Music!!! (http://ggftw.com/forum/music/101757-electronic-music.html)

MsSquid 09-08-2011 04:41 PM

Electronic Music!!!
 
I'm making a thread for the purpose of discussing, or in the case of this forum dumping massive amounts of youtube videos, electronic music. Mostly because electronic music is filled with even more niche genres than rock music, and this forum is on the slower side, so making a thread for each genre would be pretty futile and I still don't expect this thread to get much posts.

Also, everyone should check out this guide: Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music | New Home on Techno.org

Just so the thread doesn't get filled with people referring to everything as Techno or Electro. Also, the guide is a bit outdated, so you won't be seeing things like dubstep on there, and it's filled with dumb biases. It's still alright, though. But enough about things that aren't music. Post everything, absolutely everything you like! From hardstyle, to ambient!

Starting off with this jam from Justice:


And this ridiculously long track from Dusty Kid:


Someone please post so I don't feel like an idiot for typing all of this. :py56:

Harlequin 09-08-2011 04:58 PM

It's nice to know the categories and sub-categories for all the electronic stuff that I've been listening to for the past 7 years or so. But I think I've told you before, my favorites are Trancecore and Happy Hardcore. I basically just like party music that doesn't make a huge fuss with long ****ing breakdowns. That's my electronic music of choice :v

JoyDivision 09-08-2011 06:51 PM

I only wish there were musical samples that we could listen to for each subcategory.

MsSquid 09-08-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyDivision (Post 1600336)
I only wish there were musical samples that we could listen to for each subcategory.

There are, you have to click on the categories.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1600276)
It's nice to know the categories and sub-categories for all the electronic stuff that I've been listening to for the past 7 years or so. But I think I've told you before, my favorites are Trancecore and Happy Hardcore. I basically just like party music that doesn't make a huge fuss with long ****ing breakdowns. That's my electronic music of choice :v

I don't listen to a lot of Happy Hardcore myself, but my favorite artists I've listened to from the genre are J-core guys like DJ Technorch and DJ Sharpnel.

Jon 09-08-2011 08:12 PM

If you're into some dark ambient stuff, here's a few I've made using sounds/music from Trickster Online:

/watch?v=T0_VbsCADgA
/watch?v=wKywVkYWR0U

Nothing too serious, made for my own entertainment.

MsSquid 09-08-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1600378)
If you're into some dark ambient stuff, here's a few I've made using sounds/music from Trickster Online:

/watch?v=T0_VbsCADgA
/watch?v=wKywVkYWR0U

Nothing too serious, made for my own entertainment.

These actually aren't bad at all. Very well crafted, in fact. Especially the second track. What did you use to make them?

Welp, I'm hungry for attention, so I might as well shoehorn in my own stuff since you did it. It's just all stuff I make in my free time. There's no real consistency between the tracks I uploaded except that most of them are heavy on chiptunes. Some tracks are weirder than others.

Jon 09-08-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice (Post 1600391)
These actually aren't bad at all. Very well crafted, in fact. Especially the second track. What did you use to make them?

Thanks for saying so. With the first one, I was just messing around; with the second one I was a little more serious about it.

Anyway, I used Goldwave (I know, I am a horrible person). Creating sounds/ambient pieces with Goldwave actually isn't that bad if you have sources. :P

MsSquid 09-08-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1600398)
Thanks for saying so. With the first one, I was just messing around; with the second one I was a little more serious about it.

Anyway, I used Goldwave (I know, I am a horrible person). Creating sounds/ambient pieces with Goldwave actually isn't that bad if you have sources. :P

I actually had no idea what Goldwave was until this post. It seems like a more pimped out version of Audacity.

Jon 09-08-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice (Post 1600409)
I actually had no idea what Goldwave was until this post. It seems like a more pimped out version of Audacity.

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, I really like your music, Clawface (they are brilliant). I lack the creativity and ability to make tracks from scratch; your works of art are similar to what I would make if I could though. Keep up the grand work (I don't have a soundcloud account otherwise I would favorite/follow/comment)!

Pshfrk 09-08-2011 10:59 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ reminds me of Aphex Twin o-o

Kusuriuri 09-08-2011 11:53 PM

Oh god, And One. I am just so bloody fond of them, so quirky.


I listen to a lot of EBM and synthpop and shit ; u;

Belphybear 09-09-2011 04:56 PM

Nu jazz is the way to go for me:




Btw, the guide covers far too many genres and most of them aren't really "electonic" in sound. This list of electronic sub-genres is probably a better example: http://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic/

MsSquid 09-19-2011 03:57 PM

Bump because this thread will only die when I die.

Ilkae are an incredibly underrated group. They make strange childlike music that sounds like it could the soundtrack for a trippy videogame.
Spoiler!

You can get all of their albums from their bandcamp. You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to, but throw a couple bucks at them if you like their music. I'd recommend starting with Pistachio Island.

MsSquid 10-17-2011 03:05 PM

Against my better judgement, I'm bumping this thread.

Rustie, he makes music:
Spoiler!

Belphybear 10-21-2011 04:04 PM


Pshfrk 10-27-2011 10:59 PM

Hmmm I don't really know how to classify stuff . . . I just like what I like :/

Dumping Nomic ~ He makes me shiver













Woah, let's stop here orz

MsSquid 10-31-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belphybear (Post 1624236)

Pretty jammin' track. There's lots of 90s cheese, and I love that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pshfrk (Post 1627876)
You Tube Bonanza!

Eh, not really my thing.



Belphybear 11-02-2011 04:58 PM

Oh hey, it's Moodyman. Deep house is awesome, isn't it?


MsSquid 11-03-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belphybear (Post 1631115)
Oh hey, it's Moodyman. Deep house is awesome, isn't it?


I don't really know much about Deep House outside of Moodymann and Theo Parish, but I love them both dearly. Moodymann is one of my favorite artists ever.


Moonflow 11-05-2011 12:55 PM

Requesting anything dark and/or disturbing.
Possibly drum and bass or wubwub
something like this



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.