Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-21-2011   #1 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Hobbit

Even though the first movie is to come out December 2012, and the 2nd December 2013, I've been following the Facebook page for this & there's a blog site also, with production videos from the set + Peter Jackson, exclusive looks at the characters etc which I thought I'd post here:

The Hobbit | Facebook

The Hobbit Blog | The official blog of THE HOBBIT movies

Super excited for this, even this early on >.<

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaDragon SagaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterGhostX

Cyan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cyan Send a message via Yahoo to Cyan Send a message via Skype™ to Cyan
IGN: Dude - Cy4n
Class: FreeMason to_entertainer

Yeah i am too looking forward to this. Hopefully it'll be as good/epic as the LOTR movies.

And i also Hope the first one'll come out before the world ends, december 2012, right there on the limit. =]

07-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

ahah it's December 14th (UK) if I recall correctly, so I think we'll be okay for the first one. As for the second, we'll have to wait and see if the world really ends xD
I'm glad that they're using the same actors for the characters that appear in both LOTR and the Hobbit. <:

oh and the titles:
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2013)

07-24-2011   #4 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

Awesome, wouldn't have known about it yet if it wasn't for this thread.

I really enjoyed the trilogy and I read parts of this book when I was a kid. LotR will be released on BluRay eventually, so it'll be a lot of good things coming at once.

Tumblr Twitter Last.fm
☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754

07-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

If they leave out a single detail or do anything different, I will nerd-rage like no tomorrow. There is absolutely no reason to put The Hobbit into two parts. -.-'

07-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
If they leave out a single detail or do anything different, I will nerd-rage like no tomorrow. There is absolutely no reason to put The Hobbit into two parts. -.-'
Can you think of a movie that did not leave out anything or differ the movie from the original books?

Tumblr Twitter Last.fm

07-24-2011   #7 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

The fact that they're putting it into two parts just makes me feel that it will have most, if not all of the content.

and Ayumi, I'm pretty certain Lotr is already out on blu-ray. The extended edition blu-ray was released last month iirc :3

07-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Can you think of a movie that did not leave out anything or differ the movie from the original books?
Given the fact that the Hobbit is not that long (My family owns 3 copies of different "editions," mine is about 306 pages, my mother's from the '70s is about 316 pages) I see no reason to split them in half other than to milk more money out of a fairly milked series. Assuming the movies are typical LotR length (2hrs+) then there should be no details left out for a fairly short book. If it was one movie then I'd be fine with details being left out, but two movies for a short book is a definite no. Not to mention I don't even see a good place to split the book anyways.

07-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
The fact that they're putting it into two parts just makes me feel that it will have most, if not all of the content.

and Ayumi, I'm pretty certain Lotr is already out on blu-ray. The extended edition blu-ray was released last month iirc :3
Oh damn, I'm just behind times then. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Given the fact that the Hobbit is not that long (My family owns 3 copies of different "editions," mine is about 306 pages, my mother's from the '70s is about 316 pages) I see no reason to split them in half other than to milk more money out of a fairly milked series. Assuming the movies are typical LotR length (2hrs+) then there should be no details left out for a fairly short book. If it was one movie then I'd be fine with details being left out, but two movies for a short book is a definite no. Not to mention I don't even see a good place to split the book anyways.
It was just a general question, since I'm not a huge fan of books. I agree that they shouldn't split it into two movies, though. I think they like to do it because they know LotR and HOP were popular waits, but that's because they were written that way and already split stories.

Tumblr Twitter Last.fm

07-24-2011   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
It was just a general question, since I'm not a huge fan of books. I agree that they shouldn't split it into two movies, though. I think they like to do it because they know LotR and HOP were popular waits, but that's because they were written that way and already split stories.
Well, I'm fine with them splitting movies like Harry Potter (I assume that's what you meant with HOP q-q) because it's the last movie, HP7 is a decently sized book, and there's a lot of stuff in it that you can just leave out.

It's all opinions anyways.

07-26-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MabinogiLa TaleEden EternalMapleStory

Routine has a spectacular aura aboutRoutine has a spectacular aura aboutRoutine has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Routine
Class: magic lt_sorcerer

Awesome news, I wouldn't've known if it hadn't been for this thread either!

I really liked the book, read it several times, the movie should be entertaning. And the first one is coming out around my 18th birthday. Nice gift, I'd say.

09-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
AllodsCosmic BreakCTRacerDragon Nest

TheGazettE has a spectacular aura aboutTheGazettE has a spectacular aura about

love the movies and books! i cant wait for this movie :3

and about splitting it into two movies..well, its a marketing ploy and i think its better because there'll be alot more things they can put in from the book when its two movies rather than one..

12-21-2011   #13 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

Super Bump! But the first announcement trailer is out and I just got all sorts of excited 8D

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

12-21-2011   #14 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Looks good.

Will be fun to have a hobbit + lotr marathon.

12-21-2011   #15 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Next year, huh?... Welp now I can look forward to my 20th birthday (???). HelpI'mgettingold

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-21-2011   #16 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN, SCH

I read The Hobbit when I was little, excited to see this.

euuuuuuugh I'll be 20 too wat.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

12-22-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

am i the only one whos not excited for this. thought the trailer was lame imo. maybe i'm just not into movies like this, since i am more of a sci-fi kinda guy.

12-16-2012   #18 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

Just bumping this super old thread instead of making a new one, because I wanna know what people are thinking about the movie.

I'm not quite sure yet.

It was a GREAT movie, but the progression was slow (esp. in comparison to LOTR, and I can't help but to compare it) It was slow, because it doesn't need to be split into three movies.
The cinematography was really really well done, but I think a lot of people are taking good graphics, camera angles, lighting etc and the fancy filming method and being blown away by that, and not really focusing on what's happening in terms of story.

All in all, a great movie, but not mind-blowing like I was expecting it to be.

12-16-2012   #19 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
but the progression was slow
I felt as if the movie was dragged out too much.

12-25-2012   #20 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Things were well done, but I did not like all the liberties they took with it. They changed like a good chunk of the book (Azog is mentioned in The Hobbit, but does not play a pivotal role; Troll scene plays out differently; Radagast the Brown is not in The Hobbit), which really upset me, especially since they're doing three ****ing movies.