Popular manga, “Rurouni Kenshin” (Shonen Jump in 1994~1999) will come back as a live action movie.
Although Rurouni Kenshin came out as an anime, it was too difficult to make a live action version due to the lack of CG skills at that time.
Actor, Sato Takeru will be playing Himura Kenshin who is a legendary assassin. Takeru is currently in popular drama “Ryomaden” as Okada Izo who is a Samurai of the late Edo period. Since Takeru plays the role of a Samurai very well, he was chosen to play Kenshin as well.
The shoot for the movie will start this summer.
Source: Cyzo woman + Rurouni Kenshin to come back as live action movie
1) With Cyzo as a source, this is still considered as a rumor.
2) quote from a comment at cube_of_takeru ,
"Just to add a few information from entante
- Watsuki (the mangaka) has declined several offers from Hollywood, but he decided to go ahead with this one.
- The development is already there for a long time, but they're waiting for the CG to catch up so they can do commendable jobs on the fast-breaking sword actions.
- Other names that were mentioned apart from Takeru are Miura Haruma, Ikuta Toma, Oguri Shun." - anduril_narsil
Trailer OMFG *joygasm*