Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough
Default How to Train Your Dragon

Anyone seen or is about to see this? I'm surprised nobody made a thread about the coolest movie in the theater right now.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

I just saw it today, and I just simply LOVED it!

It doesn't help that I love dragons enough already. When it comes out, this is a must buy for me. Very well done, Dreamworks!

Spoiler!

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

05-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

They thought the Night Fury was invisible but in actual its because its black and really fast that its really hard to see it in the night sky making it look as if its invisible.

05-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
Blader get??
Special

Andz will become famous soon enough
IGN: Nyooo/Confess/Banana
Class: Blader/Explorer/Gunslinger lt_blader
Level: 80/68/88
Guild: Kirameki/Kirameki/Kirameki

IIRC, Toothless was modeled around Stitch.

05-17-2010   #5 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Best movie I've seen in ages.

Also, i find it hilarious that the kids didn't have accents while everyone else did.

Additional win for David Tennant and Craig Furgeson providing voices.

05-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

I found out today from a friend that works at the movies that barely anyone goes to see HTTYD. He said that about like 2 to 6 people ever come to a showing.

This is pure speculation, but maybe it's because of the expectations of Avatar were drastically exceeded that for people that saw it before thought How to Train Your Dragon might be crap. I've seen Avatar already, and I think both of them are wonderful. Why choose a favorite when you can have two favorites?

It's wierd. How to Train Your Dragon was wonderful, and I think it fit with what the critics said about it, really:

Quote:
"...Atmospheric, surprisingly detailed, and remarkably immersive. The overall use of 3D is exemplary." ~ Ain't it Cool News

"With its mix of action, comedy and heart it feels like no other animated film in recent years."
"It takes 3D animation to new heights and should keep audiences of all ages enthralled."
"Dreamworks has topped itself." ~Pete Hammond, Boxoffice Magazine

"It works enough miracles of 3D animation to charm your socks off." ~Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
I dunno about the socks part, but I do have to say that the emotional events between Hiccup and Toothless almost moved me to tears.

And the soundtrack... I simply adore what John Powell's composing has created. Even some of the music makes me cry.

Last edited by Marzai; 05-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.

05-18-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Nice thread bump, haha

You should know this has been out for months and swept up a load of money while at it, so yeah, it's bound to happen.

Plus, I initially thought this movie was gonna be a childish, whimsical piece of crap and man, was I wrong.

05-18-2010   #8 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

^ That's true, it has been out for months, but since your post was on its lonesome, I wanted to give you a little company, and not make you feel like the only one on the forums that's seen it.

Don't you love it when you're proven wrong about stuff like this?

05-19-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Well, if you put it that way, then thank you

And yeah, I really do. If only it happened a tad more often, lol