Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

is really dat good..?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-24-2009   #22 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Everyone I talked too said it was great, but I'm personally thinking it's just hyped due to the fact nothing else good was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Well I suppose the graphics were stellar but the story was just too ordinary and predictable....not to mention the deus ex machina-esque ending :/
I heard this a few times, so I guess only the graphics are suckering people in.
Which they do look awesome.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-24-2009   #23 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I got hooked up and had high expectation of it when I first watched its preview back when I went watching Transformers 2, and after today that I watched it, I gotta say it certainly met my expectation being a really great movie

My bro and my friends always said that whenever I went watching a movie, I'm always too picky that nearly every movie I watched was criticized so badly, but this one? Not so much, except that I wished it could've been longer to explore the world, the nature, the creature more (altho nearly two and half hours is really long already)

The effect may not be top-notch compared to some of the past movies, but it's still at a good level to stand its ground; the effect could've been better, but I was also glad that this movie didn't turn out to be one of those movie (I hate so much) where they mainly focused on the special effect, that the story/character-depiction/world view is quite/totally messed up.

ya sure the storyline is not like something new that you can guess what's gonna happen, but so what? Storyline that's commonly used doesn't mean it's bad, what's important to me is that even with a common storyline, how's the movie gonna give me that "feeling", to be in that world, to know and feel the people there and the surrounding.

As the story process, more and more I had taken a liking to the Pandora's world (despite how many danger there are...A LOT), and began to hate the human/alien more and more (their robot's pretty cool, but it ain't enough for me to take side with them), I pretty much understand why Jake wanted to stay, and his feeling sometimes wondering when's the reality when's the dream.

There's not a lot of funny scenes in this movie, but there are a lot of moment the human got killed in super scary ways - well ways that are scary in real life (such as head's bite off, long arrow thrust through the body, stomped to death by giant creature, and one of the epic - got killed between 2 boxes, anyone who watched the movie should know what I meant there )

Those are definitely moments where I yelled in my heart with stuff such as:
"ya!! screw you!! serves you right!!"
"that kind of death is just what's made for you"
"the hell I cared you know anything or not, you take that side, then screw you and die, you ugly dirty human"

...well that was a long messy review with a lot of rant in it, but anyway it's really a good movie I have watched in years that I hardly had any complain with it. It's really~ good~ ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
so I guess only the graphics are suckering people in.
P.S. definitely this movie is giving the viewer a message, and it's not a hard one...it made the message very clear, so clear that it touched me, perhaps that's why I wanted to know that world more and praised this as a great movie, it's definitely not just the graphic that drew me in (I like fantasy-type world view btw).

Last edited by Blizt; 12-24-2009 at 08:08 PM.

12-27-2009   #24 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Finally saw the movie today. Reminds me of Pocahontas and Princess Mononoke.

12-27-2009   #25 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

GREAT movie, I loved every bit of it!

12-28-2009   #26 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Don't get me wrong, the way the story was delivered was excellent in Avatar- it completely held our attention from start to end despite being a hefty 2 and a half hours? or so. It's just that with all the hype and promotion, I was hoping for the story itself to be spectacular..but it just turned out to be average.

Anyhow, apparently this is just the first movie in a trilogy, so hopefully the future installments will blow us away not only with visuals, but also plotlines.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

12-29-2009   #27 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

It was good, best when watched in 3D.

12-29-2009   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I really love this movie even though it had stereotyped characters and a cliche' plot taken directly from Ferngully.
Seriously, I highly recommend seeing it and I plan on getting it on blueray when it comes out

Kitty Empire Forever

12-29-2009   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Kruger has a spectacular aura aboutKruger has a spectacular aura about
IGN: VaporTrail
Class: E75 / Jagdpanther

Watched the movie in 3D.
It very much resembled Disney's The Last Rainforest to me.
Still surprised that no one else has mentioned that.

12-30-2009   #30 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I loved this movie, the story was cliche but so what? The amazing graphics pulled it through. It was so clean and it was just fantastic. This is a must watch

12-31-2009   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

BeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to BeanMarine Send a message via MSN to BeanMarine
Guild: [JW]

Plot-wise, this movie offers nothing new. It's true that this is a story that we've all heard before. But--you know-- Titanic was a cliched love-story about a poor boy falling in love with a rich chick, but the film totally knocked our socks off. How the story is told makes a huge difference, and I think the film does a pretty good job at it despite all the cliches.

If you don't watch it for the story, at least go watch it for the graphics, because they are amazing. Movies like this are why the big screen was created. The graphics won't have the same effect when displayed on your dinky television set (and even if you have a wide-screen, it's still helluva lot smaller than the theatre's wide-screen). I especially love the night time scenes when the entire forest is lit with fluorescing forest life.

Whether or not to watch it in 3D is purely optional. Cameron does a good job of making you feel immersed in the 3D environment. By blurring out certain parts and focusing on others, you truly get the feeling of depth. The downside of this is that you lose the details in the blurred out areas--and thus less appreciation for all the hard work spent on all the graphics.

If you have enough money, I suggest you watch it in both 3D and normally :>

12-31-2009   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

I still have yet to see this. I heard it was amazing, from lots of friends, hell... my mom even watched it. :| She lovedddd itz.

12-31-2009   #33 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I really love this movie even though it had stereotyped characters and a cliche' plot taken directly from Ferngully.
Seriously, I highly recommend seeing it and I plan on getting it on blueray when it comes out
More or less this. I'm not the type to get sucked into movies but boy, I just couldn't pry my eyes from the screen. I enjoyed every second of the movie. So what if it's somewhat cliche? What isn't cliche these days, almost everything has been said and done. I didn't feel time pass by hardly at all despite it's rough three hour duration. I definitely recommend it.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

01-02-2010   #34 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

Saw it yesterday. Great movie.

Had to re-watch the intro 3 times because the movie guys screwed up the first part of it. (no sound)

01-02-2010   #35 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Thus far, Avatar is up to $308,600,000 domestic (United States), $476,192,825 international, for a worldwide gross of:

$784,792,825, as of this moment.

It's also set a number of records, including (but not limited to): highest grossing original content movie (no franchise, novel basis, etc.), highest grossing 3D movie, highest gross on New Years Day, highest grossing second weekend (with $75,617,183 on its SECOND weekend), and highest grossing environmentalist movie.

This movie still has a lot of time left in theaters, too. I really hope it sets some more records, I feel like it deserves a sequel, even though I don't really know how the sequel would go.

01-02-2010   #36 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I agree with the comments about the plot. That aside, this was one of the most visually stunning movies I have ever seen ; I watched it on IMAX 3D and was completely blown away. I also thought it had good character development and the cast was well selected. It's definitely a must own for bluray.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

01-03-2010   #37 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Torrented it, ended up going onto IMDB to try to figure out when James Cameron last made a good movie and could only find T2 and Aliens. Just didn't live upto the hype for me.

01-03-2010   #38 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

I personally love this movie. Regardless of it being predictable, I didn't really care. Many movies are predictable nowadays.

To me, the graphics and plot are definitely worth the movie ticket. The ending wasn't a let-down or a turn-off. Most of my friends actually wished the movie continued from the ending because they didn't want it to end yet.

Spoiler!

gg Noperative

01-03-2010   #39 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Don't quote me on this but didn't Cameron say the stories for 2 sequels of Avatar are completed?

Also, good movie. It's not often that I really enjoyed and become absorbed into a movie like I did for Avatar [:

Last edited by Xpecial; 01-04-2010 at 11:24 PM.

01-04-2010   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

DarkJedi is on a distinguished road

This is a great movie specially in IMAX ^^