Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-14-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Aveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura about
Guild: SOS Brigade

Well, the thing is, the same thing happens over and over again.
They get warned to run, they don't listen, an event happens, some random person dies, they reminisce and cry. Better yet, they try to say goodbye, but they're too late.

Sorry, my bad. My friend told me it was three and a half.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-14-2009   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Hayaka will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hayaka Send a message via MSN to Hayaka
IGN: Hayaka/SaibaBabe
Class: Soul Master/Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 210/215
Guild: Currently looking for a guild if possible ;/

I saw it and it was pretty good. Even tho i have seen it; i still think the whole world isn't going to end >.>;

11-14-2009   #23 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I'm not going to see this because I have bad anxiety. If I see this I will have bad thoughts for weeks. I know it's not real, and nothing but bad solar storms are going to happen in 2012, but I will still freak out.

And for those who think it's really going to happen, it's not. the mayan calender ends in that year, but that doesn't mean anything. It's just the end of the cycle. The real mayans are pissed off that people are starting all this hype over nothing. I read some article about them getting letters from kids writing to them about how they don't want the world to end..

But back on topic, is this movie any good? :3

11-14-2009   #24 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
I'm not going to see this because I have bad anxiety. If I see this I will have bad thoughts for weeks. I know it's not real, and nothing but bad solar storms are going to happen in 2012, but I will still freak out.

And for those who think it's really going to happen, it's not. the mayan calender ends in that year, but that doesn't mean anything. It's just the end of the cycle. The real mayans are pissed off that people are starting all this hype over nothing. I read some article about them getting letters from kids writing to them about how they don't want the world to end..

But back on topic, is this movie any good? :3
The Mayans died out quite a while ago. And for those stupid enough to think it's real, it's a calendar by a race of people who died off, kinda hard to continue making a calendar when you're dead. Also, if the Mayans were so advanced to be able to know when the world would end, how come they couldn't save themselves hmm?

11-14-2009   #25 (permalink)
*Waka Waka Waka*

evileyes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyoki
Well, the thing is, the same thing happens over and over again.
They get warned to run, they don't listen, an event happens, some random person dies, they reminisce and cry. Better yet, they try to say goodbye, but they're too late.

Sorry, my bad. My friend told me it was three and a half.
Isn't that the same with all of Roland Emmerich's films...
The same things happen over and over with giant plot holes... (transformers)

11-14-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Flying airplanes in between collapsing buildings is a good idea!

11-14-2009   #27 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

There are maya people, some of them study the ancient civilization today.
Found the article.
Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype - Science- msnbc.com

11-14-2009   #28 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I just saw this movie with my bro's and their wives, And dam the scenes in the movie was epic. You have to admit that. >:

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

11-14-2009   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Nezu will become famous soon enoughNezu will become famous soon enough

From the looks of it, it sounds like people are going for the cg as opposed to the actors and they pale in comparison to it. The movie is way too long for me so I don't see myself going to watch it.

NezukoChan - lvl 1xx - Permanently 2nd job Bunny

11-14-2009   #30 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir

Watched it, loved it (even though the action was full of wtf, but yeah, I need some WTF LOL action).

Kinda nice, just remember to turn off your REAL-O-METER and take in the fiction.

11-15-2009   #31 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Kind of ironic that the movie is gonna be shown this year instead of 2012 itself though lol.

and no, the world is not gonna end on 2012 just yet, it will only end when the sun finally loses it light and thats still at least a billion years away.

11-15-2009   #32 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

So the maya predicted this movie was going to be made right....

11-15-2009   #33 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

It was exactly what I expected -- killer visual effects and a mundane plot. I think the visuals were worth the theater watch.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

11-15-2009   #34 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

I watched it and thought it was ok..

11-15-2009   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

STORMYskye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to STORMYskye
IGN: STORMYskye
Class: Duelist to_champion
Level: 162
Guild: Phantasy

I want to see this! (* o *)
I don't mind long movies. It makes it worthwhile.
And about the world ending on 2012, i still don't know what to believe. I am sure it's false though, so i am glad. xD

11-15-2009   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lushcious is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lushcious
Level: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMYskye
And about the world ending on 2012, i still don't know what to believe. I am sure it's false though, so i am glad. xD
Yeah. I'm sure it's just a time full of recession and natural disasters and war. I really don't think the world is just going to "end" without any reasonable proof.

11-15-2009   #37 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I just came back from watching the movie.

Personally, I think the movie sucked, my brother thinks that I'm asking too much of the movie, which maybe I am, but I still think the movie suck hell = =

Sure the visual seems awesome...but what about the story and the characters? With such disastrous event happening in the movie, they could've described humanity's extreme dark and good side much, much better...

Well they did show some, but it's hardly stunning at all to me...like that Russian guy who abandoned them when the chopper came? Ya that's so unexpected~ I couldn't see it coming at all~ /sarcasm

And not to mention the ending...
Spoiler!

my conclusion:
if you just want stunning visual effect, go watch the movie.
if you're looking for great plot & good character depiction or you're as picky as I am, don't go watch the movie, you'll just be as pissed as I am...

11-16-2009   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Also, if the Mayans were so advanced to be able to know when the world would end, how come they couldn't save themselves hmm?
Strictly speaking, knowing when the world will end and/or when your civilization will end does not give you anything to prevent it.

Logic nitpicking aside, insufficient explosions. Correct change.

11-16-2009   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

kelian can only hope to improve

noone can predict world end, even if you are able, you cant prevent it from happening too.life carry on =D

this movie was abit ...... CHINA save the world

11-17-2009   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Johnnywup will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Johnnywup Send a message via MSN to Johnnywup Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnywup
IGN: WarezLocke
Class: Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: 13x
Guild: Slayer
Xfire: Johnnywup

Worth the watch?