LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-01-2010   #21 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMarine
A fun movie with good humor and superb acting.

I'm not sure if I enjoyed this movie or not, though, because half of my mind was busy daydreaming about my boyfriend (can someone say separation anxiety? ).

For the parts where I was fully there, I enjoyed the movie. It's not something that I would usually watch, but I still found myself still pretty engaged with the plot.

One thing that I particularly enjoyed (aside from Jude Law's rocking mustachio) was the soundtrack. AWESOME, AWESOME musical score that I personally felt captured the feel of the movie pretty well.

One thing that I did not particularly enjoy was Rachel McAdams inconsistent acting. She swings between a British accent and an American accent (though usually in the latter), and it totally pissed me off. I think they could have chosen a better person for the role, because the entire time I could only picture her as the stupid blonde chick from Mean Girls rather than the clever and daring brunette she was supposed to be playing as
I liked her better in The Notebook. I thought she was fine.. they didn't really play too much into her and Sherlocke's romances. And I thought the plotline was a lil predictable, I just liked how he explains every detail though. It kinda reminded me of Psyche the TV series. It's a good movie none-the-less... I would recommend it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-04-2010   #22 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

DarkJedi is on a distinguished road

Is this a comedy or serious film?

01-05-2010   #23 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

It's a serious comedy film.

Regardless, it's definitely one of the better movies out there.

01-10-2010   #24 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Watched it today (finally) .
Loved it. It like, hit everything I fancy in a movie.

- That "English" costuming (I've fallen in love with all the coats, vests, dresses, and hats. ./aha)
- Accents. <3
- Different perspectives and intelligence
- Humor. Oh god, I laughed so much.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

01-10-2010   #25 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I was amused over what my gay friend dubbed as the movie's "homoerotic undertones".

01-22-2010   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

i saw this 3 days ago. it did not disappoint me. i forgot how good robert downey is. jude law holds up his end of the bargain pretty well. rachel mcadams didn't have much to work with but she it well.

i give this movie an A. this has the potential to be a james bond like franchise. or a trilogy at the very least.

01-31-2010   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Cougan will become famous soon enough
IGN: Mitsuko
Level: 17

Just saw this myself some really good comedy in it. Doesn't ruin the action though!