ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Movies / TV Shows and Media (http://ggftw.com/forum/movies-tv-shows-media/)
-   -   [Season 2] American Horror Story (http://ggftw.com/forum/movies-tv-shows-media/109054-season-2-american-horror-story.html)

kuyaBaka 03-02-2012 04:43 PM

[Season 2] American Horror Story

So far, two of last season's characters are announced for this upcoming season: Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto.

Zachary Quinto -- Joins 'American Horror Story' Season 2 As Male Co-Lead

Very happy with these choices. I love them both so much (especially Quinto, ohmygod).

The second season is going to take place in a mental institution on the Easy coast, so this sounds like it'll be a lot crazier than the L.A. horror-house. I'm also excited that Zachary Quinto's character is going to be up as the male co-lead, playing the nemesis of Jessica Lange's character. A couple others from last season are going to be announced at this evening's panel, so there is definitely still more to come!

If you haven't seen the first season, I recommend picking it up. It's a nice mix of horror and just place crazy all wrapped in a box of insane.

Pshfrk 03-04-2012 09:00 PM

Well I got through all the 1st season and . . . Sometimes it ended being too ridiculous that I couldn't even laugh anymore, but meh I let it slip , all that dead drama ( literally ) but anyway I enjoyed a lot of charas, like " Moira " and " Constance " .

I'm glad Lange will be back for the 2nd season, since she was mainly the reason I didn't drop it ~ But meh, it was a good laugh . . . Except for the Black Dahlia's case, I really didn't like how they handle that and distorted it , I think it was kind of unnecessary .

LET'S SEE THEN !

PS : I hope the new characters control their hormones a bit better, sex was all over the place .

kmelfina 03-04-2012 09:25 PM

watched 1st season except the last episode. Wiki'd it. Disappoint.

Now where on earth are they going to continue the story on? The main cast is like, dead stuck in that house for eternity with their enemies...

kuyaBaka 03-05-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pshfrk (Post 1687991)
PS : I hope the new characters control their hormones a bit better, sex was all over the place .

Well, I'd say it was the right amount of sex. I mean, the entire first season revolved around the idea of adultery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmelfina (Post 1687998)
watched 1st season except the last episode. Wiki'd it. Disappoint.

Now where on earth are they going to continue the story on? The main cast is like, dead stuck in that house for eternity with their enemies...

It's going to be a completely different story. New characters, but they're keeping a few of the older actors. It's going to be set in an East Coast mental institution instead of the "Murder House" in LA.

Queen 03-05-2012 12:02 PM

I might have to pick this up, if they have Season One on-demand or something (or Netflix streaming that I can steal from my boyfriend) I'll check it out. It was something I meant to watch but I never got around to it. My interest is piqued now (especially since paranormal-y horror shows like Supernatural -stares at Sam- are my new thing)

kuyaBaka 03-05-2012 09:44 PM

I think there's a few episodes on Comcast On-Demand, if you have that. I'm sure it's not out on Netflix yet since it's only been like 2 months since the season ended. But if you crawl through the internet I'm certain you'll be able to find places to stream the episodes.

kuyaBaka 04-19-2012 12:06 AM

bump.

American Horror Story Season-Two Setting Revealed! - E! Online

So Adam Levine is going to be playing a "super sexy, scantily-clad half of 'The Lovers'" for much more than just one episode.
Jessica Lange is in charge of the mental institute.
Zachary Quinto is her nemesis.

I was already sold with Quinto. And now Levine playing a sexy man, too?
unf.

kmelfina 04-19-2012 08:01 PM

I'm still wondering how they'd keep old characters... if they're still stuck in that house X_X;

kuyaBaka 04-19-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmelfina (Post 1707817)
I'm still wondering how they'd keep old characters... if they're still stuck in that house X_X;

Season 2 has nothing to do with season 1. This is whole new story with new characters and everything. I mean these are supposed to be "horror stories" after all, and in order for these stories to keep being passed down and told, there can't be a happy ending where everything is solved.

There still has to be that giant mystery and question as to what will happen now and if it'll happen again -- that's why there's horror. I figure the entire show will be a collection of these stories; there's no real "end" to these characters, it's just that we're introduced to the main story and then we're left not knowing if everything is safe and right in the world and that's why it's supposed to be "scary."

Spoiler!

kmelfina 04-20-2012 06:32 AM

Now this is going to be confusing to be honest lol. Okay I [now] get the concept of 'no relation to 1st season'... yeah there would be times I'd scream "OMG CONSTANCE!" or whatever lolol.

I'm still wondering if
Spoiler!

mamoru 11-03-2012 05:42 PM

bamp. anyone watching it? jessica lange's acting is DIVINE and i really loved that monologue in ep3. the pacing is weird at times but so far i'm liking this season better than the first.

kmelfina 11-04-2012 12:01 AM

Well, her character finally got to be a "star"! Yay for Tate's *uh I mean... whatever Peter Evan's character's name is* body! Derp, the present arc is so... lame. Bring in couple, gets killed by pranksters, pranksters get killed by... the real bloody face's spirit!? 50 years and still going lol.

And DAAAMN that not-so-innocent nun, being possessed and all qq

mamoru 11-10-2012 07:59 PM

i really did not enjoy that last episode. it just made me feel really sick because it just went from one intense scene to another, all full of women being tortured in various ways. i also thought using anne frank as a character was very tasteless but i think i'll stick around for the ride. i'm afraid this show will run into the murphy curse and start being completely balls by the end of the 2nd season, though

kuyaBaka 11-10-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishka (Post 1782910)
i really did not enjoy that last episode. it just made me feel really sick because it just went from one intense scene to another, all full of women being tortured in various ways. i also thought using anne frank as a character was very tasteless but i think i'll stick around for the ride. i'm afraid this show will run into the murphy curse and start being completely balls by the end of the 2nd season, though

I already feel like it's bleh. Like, after this season's 1st episode. It's just not as good as the first. By far.

kmelfina 11-14-2012 08:02 PM

Whyyyy must quinto be an antagonist again!? Q_q

kuyaBaka 11-14-2012 10:16 PM

^ Thanks for telling me.
As soon as the Facebook updates and tweets about the show started coming on, I was sure to tag everyone and post about it.

<3

mamoru 11-15-2012 05:41 PM

i knew zq was bf but it still terrified the shit out of me during the reveal

also, jessica lange I COULD WATCH HER FOREVER

so yah that ep was rly good

Summerishere 11-15-2012 09:45 PM

hmmmm.. curious-er, curious-er i will check this out since
I already caught up with the Grimm's latest episode so now
I need to wait for it weekly again.. :)

mamoru 11-28-2012 11:14 PM

oh my god none of the characters can catch a break LANA ;_;

Riolu 11-29-2012 04:31 AM

^ Bloody Face will~

Anyway this episode seemed rushed to me.