ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast Clans > Monkey Clan

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default Monkey Elementalists

hai.

I'm thinking that this'll probably be the under-played class, so I decided that I would play it. Anyone else jumping aboard the under-crowded non-bandwagon?

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

vom53 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: vom53
Class: Pianist lt_warlord
Level: X
Guild: The Forgotten

By saying that, you revealed this to other players so they might try. I'm might do a monkey guide if I have time.

01-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Retarded is an unknown quantity at this point

I was always planning on being a monkey elementalist but i think this will be one of the most played classes. The way i see it the most played animals will be birds, monkeys and dragons. And to be an elementalist, you pretty much have to be a monkey for the lightning skills.

01-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Birds, Monkey, and Dragons are the most played character. I agree though there is one more than is played more than dragons and monkeys. What is it? Find out....

01-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vom53
Birds, Monkey, and Dragons are the most played character. I agree though there is one more than is played more than dragons and monkeys. What is it? Find out....
Let me guess ._. ish it the tiger?

To all those going monkey, awesome :3 I really love their design so I'm hoping to see atleast a few monkeys hopping around.

01-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

What are you going to be Faelynn?

01-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

I'm thinking about ditching the Monkey-Ele combo. The two didn't really fit each other.
My main qualm with it is that the skill 'Elementalist Berserk' transforms you back into a monkey who can't cast magic. And since the spell gives you a nice +Magic Attack boost, it's really useless and fails compared to Dragon-Eles.

01-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Cornelia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cornelia

Doesn't monkey's animal form get magic skills too, but later? I think it does, same with tigers. D: I'm too lazy to look for a working japanese IP to check JPWiki. So no, they don't fail. Besides berserk works for a short amount of time and you can only use it now and then after filling your RP bar, so it's not a bid deal, imo.

01-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Correct though Monkey don't really use up that RP

01-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

One of my future characters will surely be a Monkey Elementalist. I dislike the auto-use of dragons when talking about magic classes (even though it's a smart thing to do), not such a big fan of the human tiger form (beast form is adorable though~) but a big fan of the Monkey Human form.

I really could not care less about her effectiveness :3 I just want a character I'd enjoy playing. No use having a very powerful character you don't like that much.

01-30-2009   #11 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I'm thinking about ditching the Monkey-Ele combo. The two didn't really fit each other.
My main qualm with it is that the skill 'Elementalist Berserk' transforms you back into a monkey who can't cast magic. And since the spell gives you a nice +Magic Attack boost, it's really useless and fails compared to Dragon-Eles.
I take back what I said.
Remade mine 'cause of the 2X EXP, and I'm pretty fond of it -- in fact, I might replace my Healer for it. I absolutely love the AoE skill-patch I chose for it (Level Freeze and Thunderbolt to 2 to unlock Collapse and Icestrike).

Collapse has a 15 sec cooldown.
Icestrike has a 30 sec cooldown.
Compare that to the Bird-clan's skill: Meteor Storm (5 minute cooldown?).

That, and they're both pretty darn strong!

My tactic is to use my Beast-mode's skill, Screeching Monkey (lol), to lure mobs and weaken them. The range and quick cast make it nice and easy to get multiple targets. With beast-form's higher move speed, I bring them to a corner of a map, switch to human-form, quickly do a quick heal, then cast Collapse. I haven't gotten Icestrike yet, but I plan on utilizing it for dungeon-runs when a boss comes with plenty of minions (the HP and MP-drain that comes with it will be nifty if it doesn't help bring aggro towards the caster).

As far as other skills aside from the two AoEs, I haven't decided which road to take -- Ice or Wind. Rageflame looks nice for the same reason as Icestrike. Going the Wind-route gives me Thunder's Wrath that buffs my Magic Crits for 1 minute -- mighty nice for AoE. Or the Ice-route for another AoE -- Ice Vapor (although it has a 90 sec cooldown).

Also, I know I probably could have went Dragon for better magic-attack. Instead I opted for Monkey because of the evasion.
A robed mage evading attacks? Blasphemy!
I don't think of it as a strange combo, I think of it as a life saver.

01-31-2009   #12 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Kuya, I don't know if you noticed or not but every Clan has the same amount of physical and magical attack skills for your Beast Form. I'm speaking from experience on the Japanese server though but I doubt it will be different for this version. You should not worry about using the Monkey for a magic class because it's more than equipped to do magical damage where needed even in its beast form.

I am planning to add the Clan skills to the Wiki as soon as I can but currently the Job skills are getting first priority x__x;

01-31-2009   #13 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelynn
Kuya, I don't know if you noticed or not but every Clan has the same amount of physical and magical attack skills for your Beast Form. I'm speaking from experience on the Japanese server though but I doubt it will be different for this version. You should not worry about using the Monkey for a magic class because it's more than equipped to do magical damage where needed even in its beast form.

I am planning to add the Clan skills to the Wiki as soon as I can but currently the Job skills are getting first priority x__x;
Didn't notice that.
Thanks for the heads-up!