Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
MMOsite News Robot

MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!MMOsite is your worst nightmare!
Default WoW Makes You Fat

We've all heard stories of people playing WOW and packing on enough pounds to audition for "The Biggest Loser" in as short as a few months. That's not exactly an exaggeration folks. I personally know a guy who put on 20 kilos in a matter of eight months. Saying that he was about 80 kilos to begin with, that was a nice 25 percent boost to his body weight. That's phat, pun intended, with a nice topping of sarcasm on top of it.

More...

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

So does sitting at your computer all day writing bad articles/blogs, and depression, and being bed ridden and a whole slough of other things.

Quote:
About the author: Thana Lee is currently a fresh graduate out of high school. He hails from Singapore and is currently waiting to enlist in the army. In his spare time, in addition to playing video games, he also enjoys playing basketball, writing and listening to music.
Oh look high school.

Quote:
Whether gamers want to admit it or not, two facts cannot be denied. Firstly, there are a lot of people who became obese after playing WOW.
And there was obese people playing it who were already obese.

Quote:
Secondly, WOW probably has more real-life tragedies linked to it than any other MMORPG.
Here is the irony of why I bolded Singapore. Most of the "tradgedies" which I prefer to think of as blessings(people winning the Darwin Award and thus removing their stupidity from the gene pool) happen in that general area of the world. 13 year old kid jumping off a building to "be with his Warcraft heroes", and some guy running his friend over for selling his sword on Ultima to name but a few.

Quote:
Everyone seems to know that certain WOW players are addicted beyond belief. You've seen the pictures of the shirtless 350 pound man sitting in a chair that is too small to contain his rolls of blubber playing the damn game.
That picture doesn't show WoW on his screen, you can't even see what is on the screen.

Quote:
Video gaming is like sex.
Facepalm. Not been laid eh?

Regarding the cosplay picture, that is a troll not an ogre, dumbass.

Quote:
What Blizzard has done is simply just remove the poorer and casual gamers from its servers, which every good MMO has to have. You can't have just a bunch of psycho hardcore players that speak in acronyms more than they do in words. It doesn't work out too well.
Facepalm. Not played WoW at all eh?

Quote:
The other solution that I can think up now is, amusing as it sounds with the economic and environmental problems we have right now, is for the government to instill some form of control on gamers. Not just WOW players. I'm talking everything
World != China.

Quote:
For every WOW player that is slaving over his computer (okay, maybe for every two. Or three), there is a player slaving over his Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 playing Street Fighter or Prototype. It obviously seems to be a waste, and to me, it is. But something has to be done about addiction. For the younger generation, parents can step in. But for those 30 year old guys playing WOW, there isn't really anybody who can stop them. Maybe a girlfriend, but if you play that much, I doubt you have one. Maybe friends, but if you play that much, your friends are probably doing the same thing as well.
Throw in random flames more please, it REALLY makes you look like you know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Someone just has to go to these guys and tell them that however great the World of Warcraft is, it is not really a world.
It is a world, a virtual world. You also fail to realise what the god damned name means.

Quote:
The World of Warcraft is just a game, but some people don't get it.
Highly suggest you stop watching those fake videos.

I give up on the rest of the article if he made any points after that, he has clearly never played the game and is writing based on biased anti-WoW fanaticism. I'm surprised he didn't take a pot shot at America which has roughly half the players and about Americas % of obesity.

Last edited by Metty; 08-24-2009 at 02:57 AM.

08-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

In the first place,I saw no point in the article.
/ashamed of being from Singapore. :<,many of them seriously don't know what they're saying.

08-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Ah damn, I didn't get to "in b4 metty"

He's on these things like flies on ****.

08-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Metty's probably the only one who actually reads these bot posts...

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

08-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Metty's probably the only one who actually reads these bot posts...
I skim them to try to find the point they are trying to make.

08-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz
Ah damn, I didn't get to "in b4 metty"

He's on these things like flies on ****.

Wow. Retarded article was retarded. I couldnt even keep a straight face through most of it.

モノノ怪

08-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo
Wow. Retarded article was retarded. I couldnt even keep a straight face through most of it.
that's every mmosite article xD

08-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Well.. yeah. I know. But this one was just plain... Ugh. I do wish people would get their facts straight before making themselves look like utter morons.

モノノ怪

08-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Laziness and unhealthy food make me fat.

I was going to /inb4 Metty, but I had to go do something :<

08-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

And then, why does MMOBot post lame articles.
.-.

Anyways, I have friends who no-life WoW and don't get fat.

08-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

WoW makes you thin.

The unwillingness to lift your bottom off your chair makes you skip meals, therefore allowing you to keep your slim waistline.

This is Kyuubey

08-24-2009   #13 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

lolol, poor bot got so many -rep XD
every mmo makes you a little bit fatter (since you ARE staying in front of the pc), it's just that WoW is really addicted for some so it's more apparent
conclusion: fatter=more addicted lol

08-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

The game doesnt make you fat, you do by not getting your ass off the chair for anything more than pee breaks and food/soda tiemz.

['You' used in a generalized sense]

モノノ怪

08-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Funny how two of my friends that are the most addicted to WoW are both thin as rail spikes.

Then again, one of them is in the Military (or was until last month) and the other does LARP with giant foam (yet still heavy) weapons.

08-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

I'm in mostly Ulduar (or Ulduar level) gear.

I weigh around 135-140 lbs when I weigh myself. (I'm pretty sure that's borderline underweight given my height.)

.....Am I doing it wrong?

08-24-2009   #17 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

The epic wow addicts dont eat.

08-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Do these people get paid for writing this trash?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

08-24-2009   #19 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Do these people get paid for writing this trash?
If they are I demand half. These counter arguments don't come cheap!

08-24-2009   #20 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games
MapleStoryS4 LeagueEden Eternal

Yukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Aokawa

I really dislike ignorant articles like this one. Makes me wonder if the authors of these kinds of articles are just trying to make themselves look/sound better than they really are. >_>