ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   MMOSite News (http://ggftw.com/forum/mmosite-news/)
-   -   WoW Makes You Fat (http://ggftw.com/forum/mmosite-news/55701-wow-makes-you-fat.html)

MMOsite 08-24-2009 01:50 AM

WoW Makes You Fat

We've all heard stories of people playing WOW and packing on enough pounds to audition for "The Biggest Loser" in as short as a few months. That's not exactly an exaggeration folks. I personally know a guy who put on 20 kilos in a matter of eight months. Saying that he was about 80 kilos to begin with, that was a nice 25 percent boost to his body weight. That's phat, pun intended, with a nice topping of sarcasm on top of it.

More...

Metty 08-24-2009 02:41 AM

So does sitting at your computer all day writing bad articles/blogs, and depression, and being bed ridden and a whole slough of other things.

Quote:

About the author: Thana Lee is currently a fresh graduate out of high school. He hails from Singapore and is currently waiting to enlist in the army. In his spare time, in addition to playing video games, he also enjoys playing basketball, writing and listening to music.
Oh look high school.

Quote:

Whether gamers want to admit it or not, two facts cannot be denied. Firstly, there are a lot of people who became obese after playing WOW.
And there was obese people playing it who were already obese.

Quote:

Secondly, WOW probably has more real-life tragedies linked to it than any other MMORPG.
Here is the irony of why I bolded Singapore. Most of the "tradgedies" which I prefer to think of as blessings(people winning the Darwin Award and thus removing their stupidity from the gene pool) happen in that general area of the world. 13 year old kid jumping off a building to "be with his Warcraft heroes", and some guy running his friend over for selling his sword on Ultima to name but a few.

Quote:

Everyone seems to know that certain WOW players are addicted beyond belief. You've seen the pictures of the shirtless 350 pound man sitting in a chair that is too small to contain his rolls of blubber playing the damn game.
That picture doesn't show WoW on his screen, you can't even see what is on the screen.

Quote:

Video gaming is like sex.
Facepalm. Not been laid eh?

Regarding the cosplay picture, that is a troll not an ogre, dumbass.

Quote:

What Blizzard has done is simply just remove the poorer and casual gamers from its servers, which every good MMO has to have. You can't have just a bunch of psycho hardcore players that speak in acronyms more than they do in words. It doesn't work out too well.
Facepalm. Not played WoW at all eh?

Quote:

The other solution that I can think up now is, amusing as it sounds with the economic and environmental problems we have right now, is for the government to instill some form of control on gamers. Not just WOW players. I'm talking everything
World != China.

Quote:

For every WOW player that is slaving over his computer (okay, maybe for every two. Or three), there is a player slaving over his Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 playing Street Fighter or Prototype. It obviously seems to be a waste, and to me, it is. But something has to be done about addiction. For the younger generation, parents can step in. But for those 30 year old guys playing WOW, there isn't really anybody who can stop them. Maybe a girlfriend, but if you play that much, I doubt you have one. Maybe friends, but if you play that much, your friends are probably doing the same thing as well.
Throw in random flames more please, it REALLY makes you look like you know what you are talking about.

Quote:

Someone just has to go to these guys and tell them that however great the World of Warcraft is, it is not really a world.
It is a world, a virtual world. You also fail to realise what the god damned name means.

Quote:

The World of Warcraft is just a game, but some people don't get it.
Highly suggest you stop watching those fake videos.

I give up on the rest of the article if he made any points after that, he has clearly never played the game and is writing based on biased anti-WoW fanaticism. I'm surprised he didn't take a pot shot at America which has roughly half the players and about Americas % of obesity.

Shiki 08-24-2009 03:16 AM

In the first place,I saw no point in the article.
/ashamed of being from Singapore. :<,many of them seriously don't know what they're saying.

SkillzKillz 08-24-2009 03:28 AM

Ah damn, I didn't get to "in b4 metty"

He's on these things like flies on ****.

Torikakae 08-24-2009 03:36 AM

Metty's probably the only one who actually reads these bot posts...

Metty 08-24-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 949519)
Metty's probably the only one who actually reads these bot posts...

I skim them to try to find the point they are trying to make.

Kusuriuri 08-24-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkillzKillz (Post 949516)
Ah damn, I didn't get to "in b4 metty"

He's on these things like flies on ****.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/Retarded.png

Wow. Retarded article was retarded. I couldnt even keep a straight face through most of it.

PedroRomero 08-24-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megiddo (Post 949749)
Wow. Retarded article was retarded. I couldnt even keep a straight face through most of it.

that's every mmosite article xD

Kusuriuri 08-24-2009 10:17 AM

Well.. yeah. I know. But this one was just plain... Ugh. I do wish people would get their facts straight before making themselves look like utter morons.

Kudaranai 08-24-2009 10:27 AM

Laziness and unhealthy food make me fat.

I was going to /inb4 Metty, but I had to go do something :<

HolyAbyssal 08-24-2009 10:27 AM

And then, why does MMOBot post lame articles.
.-.

Anyways, I have friends who no-life WoW and don't get fat.

Silver Rook 08-24-2009 10:30 AM

WoW makes you thin.

The unwillingness to lift your bottom off your chair makes you skip meals, therefore allowing you to keep your slim waistline.

flsg 08-24-2009 10:33 AM

lolol, poor bot got so many -rep XD
every mmo makes you a little bit fatter (since you ARE staying in front of the pc), it's just that WoW is really addicted for some so it's more apparent
conclusion: fatter=more addicted lol

Kusuriuri 08-24-2009 10:38 AM

The game doesnt make you fat, you do by not getting your ass off the chair for anything more than pee breaks and food/soda tiemz.

['You' used in a generalized sense]

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...l_Facepalm.gif

Mitchi 08-24-2009 11:26 AM

Funny how two of my friends that are the most addicted to WoW are both thin as rail spikes.

Then again, one of them is in the Military (or was until last month) and the other does LARP with giant foam (yet still heavy) weapons.

Endgame 08-24-2009 12:29 PM

I'm in mostly Ulduar (or Ulduar level) gear.

I weigh around 135-140 lbs when I weigh myself. (I'm pretty sure that's borderline underweight given my height.)

.....Am I doing it wrong?

Moonflow 08-24-2009 02:19 PM

The epic wow addicts dont eat.

Javier 08-24-2009 04:59 PM

Do these people get paid for writing this trash?

Metty 08-24-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 950166)
Do these people get paid for writing this trash?

If they are I demand half. These counter arguments don't come cheap!

Yukipyon 08-24-2009 05:49 PM

I really dislike ignorant articles like this one. Makes me wonder if the authors of these kinds of articles are just trying to make themselves look/sound better than they really are. >_>