ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   MMOGCon (http://ggftw.com/forum/mmogcon/)
-   -   If you went to an MMORPG convention... (http://ggftw.com/forum/mmogcon/12996-if-you-went-mmorpg-convention.html)

NoeJeko 10-10-2008 11:47 PM

If you went to an MMORPG convention...

... what would you like to see there? Anime conventions have concerts, special guests, panels, cosplay events, balls, the dealer's room...

What would you like to see if you attended an MMORPG convention?

Kotarou 10-10-2008 11:50 PM

Off the top of my head:

+MMO previews
+Dev talks
+Have-fun-with-staff Stage games
+Get Konata (Hirano Aya)
+MMO PVP (on LAN?)
+Special giveaways
+Cosplay :3

WhatThePhuc 10-11-2008 04:10 AM

other people

Vegeance 10-11-2008 05:53 AM

Gaming tournaments (MMO)
Special Giveaways
Autograph Sessions
Anime Improv
Discussion Panels
Concerts
Cosplay!

DemiGodDanzig 10-11-2008 07:34 AM

I always do gaming tournaments,
get giveaways,
since my friends are always used to dressing me up,id do cosplay stoof,
buy a buncha stuff,
then wander around aimlessly.
thats pretty much all i do at cons .-.

Khmer2k1d5 10-11-2008 08:57 AM

Lol, I want pictures with Paul 8D

Hehe, I usually take pictures with everyone dressed up at cons 8D

Red 10-11-2008 09:40 AM

-Fight/Play with the GMs and big bosses

If FPS games are included, the companies can provide some local costumes and have a paintball tournament or laser tag.

Catharsis 10-11-2008 11:08 AM

See my forum slaves friends. =D

Also, I'd love to go shopping for unique merchandise... Like plushies of cute monsters or the O-guy keychains and stuff. Gaming merchandise are not readily available in stores, so stalls from the game publishers with those items would be fab. <3

NoeJeko 10-11-2008 08:50 PM

Hmm - I really need more info on this - the things that you guys suggest here will probably find their way into MMOGCon 2009.

WhatThePhuc 10-11-2008 09:10 PM

dance dance revolution, in the groove, or stepmania with metal pads

Coffee 10-11-2008 09:13 PM

Hawt Cosplay :gar:

I'd probably like it to be like the E3 in it's former glory, with MMOs.

NoeJeko 10-11-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc (Post 332750)

That goes without saying ;)

KuroKoden 10-11-2008 09:31 PM

MMO trail stations
Cosplay :jj:
Dev talks
Special Item codes

Globalastro 10-13-2008 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc (Post 332750)

erm, animenext 2004, some guy shipped a modded ddr 6th mix arcade machine running step mania w/ dual metal pads up to secaucus New Jersey (i cant spell worth crap..go me).... it would kick royal ass to get that or something like it there....

i go to cons to met friends and hang out.... karaoke would be nice.... its a shame that mmogs in the US tend to have NON-vocal theme songs with hard to find lyrics, but j/k/c pop karaoke would be nice... and i am friends with the guy who started otaku idol and runs the karaoke every year at otakon, i can ask them what programs they use and everything if need be. Not to mention, im sure kuda has every boa karaoke track, i have every m-flo, utada hikaru, lisa, boa, hitomi yaida and D&D karaoke tracks and know programs that can do a good job ripping vocal tracks from songs...

Also, concerts was mentioned... Jeff (otakon friend) is in charge of booking artists for otakon and has connections with sony japan and avex...... i can see if he can help if you want

CountBlood 10-13-2008 02:14 AM

Yes major gaming setups please?
and also lets replace Dance Dance revolution, With ROCKBAND =3

Sodacan 10-14-2008 09:04 AM

Grind contests. See who can get the highest level in an MMO in a short amount of time.

Medoria 10-14-2008 09:05 AM

Okay - here's my suggestions!

Cosplay
music videos - GMV? game music vids? Essentially music videos made with game clips/cutscenes/about games
Developer talks - post mortems, interesting technology, opinions on the future of MMOs
Developer/publisher booths - game previews, demos, handouts - possibly recruiters?
Panels - ranging the gambit from secrets of X mmo, talks comparing diff mmos, foreign mmo info, Q&A with mmo devs or "gaming allstars", etc
Dealers room- mmo specific as well as related interests- electronics, anime?, etc
Artist Alley- area where people sell their gaming related arts and crafts as well as do sketches for people, etc

oo- i like the idea of a grind contest ;)

also broadcasted pvp tourneys :D

Coffee 10-15-2008 08:10 PM

Scratch everything. I wanna see Noe do CaramelDaansen live. Revive the video! \o\

WhatThePhuc 10-15-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodacan (Post 521983)
Grind contests. See who can get the highest level in an MMO in a short amount of time.

are you kidding me? hahahaha
i don't think a convention lasts that long
that's like something you do outside of a convention

Beato 10-15-2008 09:19 PM

Para Para dancing? 8D
At least some form of general dancing?