Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-16-2008   #41 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I think I have enough information to begin planning this event. I have sent an RFI (request for information) to a few local hotels inquiring about meeting space. Even if we end up with 2,000 people I believe a large hotel's accommodations would be sufficient to host us assuming the price is right and they can meet our network demands.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-16-2008   #42 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. I live in the area, too, so I should be able to attend. Assuming nothing else comes up around then. Is there an exact location in San Jose that you're looking at?

10-16-2008   #43 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Awesome. I live in the area, too, so I should be able to attend. Assuming nothing else comes up around then. Is there an exact location in San Jose that you're looking at?
I sent a request to the Marriott in downtown - they have ample space for our target attendance. Should they prove to be too pricey I'll look elsewhere. I've considered San Jose State University but I need to evaluate their facilities first.

If anyone in the Bay Area has any ideas, feel free to pass them on. It doesn't have to be San Jose; it could be anywhere in the Bay Area. I'm trying to stay away from the City as it will likely be more expensive there.

10-16-2008   #44 (permalink)
TMM
by Frank Zappa
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

TMM will become famous soon enoughTMM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TMM Send a message via MSN to TMM

Party at Paul's place.

10-16-2008   #45 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Party at TMM's place

Umm but yeah, sorry if I skimmed over this but how long do you predict the even to be?

10-16-2008   #46 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

3 days. Once we get bigger I'm hoping for 4 days.

10-16-2008   #47 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
no alive relatives other than an uncle in Temple City
HOLY **** that's where I live '-'

I can easily understand why people who do not live near the San Jose or California area would not want to travel to the convention >.>

10-16-2008   #48 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Well, I know not everyone will be able to make it. I'm sure a very large percentage of anime fans weren't in the 43,000 attendees of Anime Expo. It's probably safe to say at least half of those guys didn't live in LA, though

10-16-2008   #49 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Very true.

But the Anime Expo is a large scale convention where it is quite famous in the anime world + interwebz.

MMOGCon on the other hand, is small scaled compared to that; thus, people would not want to pay expensive plane tickets during the most expensive time during the year (summer) just for it.

10-16-2008   #50 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Being in Texas, Land of the fail, means i probably won't make it, but if things aer gonna go how I hope they will, I just might be able to make it.

Now if only I can get my RO Acolyte costume done, things would be perfect. Because I sure as hell am not gonna cosplay Eir/TO Sheep/TO cat.

10-16-2008   #51 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
Very true.

But the Anime Expo is a large scale convention where it is quite famous in the anime world + interwebz.

MMOGCon on the other hand, is small scaled compared to that; thus, people would not want to pay expensive plane tickets during the most expensive time during the year (summer) just for it.
Everyone starts out small. I'm not going to cancel my plans because everyone's telling me I can't do it. Things like this just fuel me.

10-16-2008   #52 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

I never said that people won't come...

I'm just saying that we should expect only a handful of people coming to the first one and we should only expect mainly people who live near the area to attend, not people from other states, not to mention countries/continents.

10-21-2008   #53 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

bronislav84 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
IGN: Zella
Class: Tia
Level: 2x

Other side of the country. I so wanna come, but it's too dang far.....

WTB> Cheap round trip airfare/busfare.

Characters:
Zella: 2x Tia (Main, most often played)
Zelia: 2x Eir (Semi main, to replace my OB Eir)
KnightedArtThou: Lvl 1 Sieg (Mostly mule)

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
I loved you, Grandpa

10-21-2008   #54 (permalink)
Jei
BOSS

Jei is on a distinguished road
Guild: Daybreak

*raises hand* If nothing happens, then I will be able to attend considering I live about 15 minutes away from downtown San Jose (driving anyway). 8D And it sounds like you're using the area where FanimeCon was held. o: Just what it sounds like to me. D8

10-21-2008   #55 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei
*raises hand* If nothing happens, then I will be able to attend considering I live about 15 minutes away from downtown San Jose (driving anyway). 8D And it sounds like you're using the area where FanimeCon was held. o: Just what it sounds like to me. D8
I actually work for FanimeCon, heh.

I'm not going to use the convention center because the cost just isn't justified by the attendance. The Marriott has yet to respond to my RFI and if they don't think it's important to reply to me then I don't really think it's important to give them our money. There are a few alternate locations I'm eying but I thought that one would have been best suited for our needs.

10-22-2008   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Dungeon Fighter Online

Chainey is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chain, Ori, Rodeo, Cold
Class: Mercenary, Gambler, Gladiator to_buffalo
Level: 222, 212, 26x, 8x
Guild: LGŒ

If only it was in the NY/NJ area i would so go ;-;

10-30-2008   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

I might go. I'm moving back to the West Coast before then, so I'll either be in Oregon or Washington, but either way, it'll be alot closer than all the way in Virginia, where I'm living now. I can't make any promises, but I'll definately try to attend. And everyone can see how short I am.

10-30-2008   #58 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

That's a year away, that's good. Enough time for meh to get a job to earn some cash and get myself a passport xD

10-30-2008   #59 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Well, the date is open to negotiation. Here are some things to consider:

School
Work (jobs don't get a summer vacation)
Other Conventions (namely, Fanimecon on Memorial Day, Anime Expo on 4th of July)

The dates set are a 3-day weekend for most jobs/school that I know of. The location, at least for the first one, cannot be changed as I cannot travel back and forth to LA all the time to set everything up :U
\o\;; I kinda suggest to place the MMOGCon before/after an anime con? If the two events are close to each other, it's more of an incentive for people to make a trip to Cali. MMOGCon is only for three days, right? If you were to put it on a three day weekend, for people who are farther away and plan on attending (I want to come, but I can't make the dates you have at all) then it would be about half a day before the weekend that they need to take a plane. Three days of MMOGCon and then another half day for a plane. =/
1st day -> includes 1/2 day plane
2~4th day -> MMOGCon
5th day -> includes 1/2 day plane home

I'm aware you probably have work or something, but this was just a suggestion. o:

Plus, you might get some people who are attending the anime con to drift over to the MMOGCon. 8D

10-30-2008   #60 (permalink)
TMM
by Frank Zappa
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

TMM will become famous soon enoughTMM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TMM Send a message via MSN to TMM

I agree with Yume. Labor day is also a terrible time because that's right when school starts usually.