ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Megaten > Megaten General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Lazarus will become famous soon enough
Question Megaten thoughts [CB]

What do you SMTI players think of SMTI's CB?

It feels so much like PSO + .hack

There's also the whole 'create your own character' thing. You pretty much make it your own. Skills, especially, are all up to you.

So many features, so much still not implemented. Lots, lots, lots.

All I can say is, there's a LOT to SMTIO. a LOT.

It's kind of ironic since I was looking for something of this sort, and, well, SMTI delivered.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Cudgeon is on a distinguished road

I think.. it feels alot like Shin Megami Tensei Games.

Still there are some bad things about it. No PVP. Seriously. Thats just bad.
They could have made something Pokemonish even, where only the demons fight each other in a arena. ;P

Aside from that I really like this Game.

12-05-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

nonowa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nonowa Send a message via Yahoo to nonowa
IGN: Nonowa
Class: Devil Summoner
Level: 21 (Jack Frost: 20)
Guild: Tendou

Personally, I love that it's a sequel to the original two Megaten games for SNES, but it has the feel graphics wise towards nocturne. Personally, I'm finding it hard to believe that this is a free game, but that's probably cause of how much of a fan I am of the series.

I can't wait until they implement the pay items. I just want them to hurry up and give us the option to make the Demifiend, like in the Japan version. I want my friend to shut up about this not being Nocturne.
They probably have a Raidou costume too from Devil Summoner for me... (I wish).

12-05-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

I've got to say, my thoughts on this game are pretty positive.

The games practically beautiful, in every way.

The graphics are perfect, as in, they're not crappy, and not extensively "WE TRIED TOO HARD TO MAKE THIS GAME LOOK GOOD" (like say Rappelz or Perfect World).
The gameplay is actually fun.
The story is great, interesting, and pretty cool.
You can do whatever you want.
You have different things you can specialize in.

So much stuff.

It's almost exactly like Mabinogi, just more mature, and better looking.

I hope AeriaGames wont screw this game up.
I've never played an AeriaGames game before, and if I have, not for long, so I'm not sure if they're a great company or not.

My only problem with the game is the lame targeting system.
I don't like having to click the monsters first.
It's not that I'm lazy, it's that it is sometime too difficult.
Thin enemies, or enemies that are a bit of a distance away.
It's even more difficult when they're MOVING. @_@

If only it could have the Mabinogi 'CTRL' key targeting, or (some other game I forget) targeting where you press the tilde key to cycle your target between the nearby monsters.

It would make things A LOT easier. ;~;

Other then that, this game is pretty great, for a game only in Closed Beta.

I wish I had a better graphics card, so I could turn up some Graphics Settings, and still have the game run smooth.

12-05-2008   #5 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I'm enjoying it immensely. I never PvP in games anyways, so that isn't an issue for me.

It's very similar to Mabi, but much better for me. For one the style's much better, and you don't instantly die by making one mistake in battle when you're alone. >_>

One worry I have is that bosses seem pretty easy so far. If you get a full party and have everyone just gang up on it there's nothing it can really do. I hope there are some harder bosses later.

I'm pretty happy with the closed beta itself. I haven't experienced any major bugs besides the server lag and disconnections, but those are expected when a game first lets in a ton of players. Other than that I've only noticed words being cut off, errors in descriptions, etc.

I also just realized that using guns is epic, so I'm probably going to remake my character someday soon.

12-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Phenyl is on a distinguished road

I have a positive outlook on this game, it seems really interesting.

For the graphics, I'm not a fan of the ultraBLOOM but thankfully I can turn that off along with some of the other effects. They're good enough that I'm not put off. Text is very nice and legible.

Gameplay is very unique and as mentioned, Mabinogi-like, where it's less 'attack key jamming' and more planning out what you're going to do (unless you're in a large party). Controlling two things at once (the player and the demon) is a nice experience.

The localization so far is decent, but there's some minor problems with errors in the translations (mostly with grammar, though some spells are being really weird with buff text contradicting skill text).

Disconnection issues are plenty, hopefully that's solved soon.

By far the most unpleasant part of the game is the controls - the game is great and all, but it's hard to really get the most out of it since the controls are so bad. You have your WASD keys, which is good, but you still have to use the mouse to target anyway (they REALLY need an autotarget). Especially when stuff is small, and moves. The amount of the screen that's visible is also frusturating - you can only zoom out a tiny amount and it's really difficult to get a sense of your surroundings.

That said, the great thing about this game's the amount of customization involved with both players and partners. However, it makes the learning curve rather steep, and while the in-game tutorials about fusion and combat and everything are great, the game seems to put a lot of pressure on you to not "mess up". This applies to most MMOs of course, but MegaTen's obviously a lot more complex than most.

The presence of an actual storyline is a breath of fresh air.

I'm playing magic now, and I have to say, the lack of MP you get in the beginning (what, like 11? that's enough for one single low-tier spell) is really frusturating, especially since INT seems to be of no use.

/end rant

12-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

I'm okay so far with the magic .. i have like 30~40 MP and my hits are decent (60~80 dmg) .. i can't wait to get my class 1 skills though. i want Mabufu; Mazio, etc. Close to leveling up to the next class.

12-07-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyl
I'm playing magic now, and I have to say, the lack of MP you get in the beginning (what, like 11? that's enough for one single low-tier spell) is really frusturating, especially since INT seems to be of no use.
Chakra Gums restore 10 MP, so I think magic is well complemented, if you make good use of items.

Last edited by Rusty; 12-07-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: fix'd a typo (while ~> well)

12-07-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

CactuarJoe is on a distinguished road

I'm enjoying it so far. The combat system seems fairly complex, which is good, and the character building scheme looks solid, if a bit labyrinthine. Personally, I'm really enjoying the areas. I just got to Nakano Forest, and it's really gorgeous. Especially the area around the Obelisk.

Also, I love that it's set right after the first SMT. Seeing the remnants of the nuclear war and the Second Great Flood laying around is awesome. ^^

12-07-2008   #10 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

I've got one that probably everything is thinking about.

Too much D/Cs.

12-07-2008   #11 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Yeah, it reminds me of PSO and Mabinogi...and also is it me or that the keys are not really responsive [quick slot]

12-07-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

It probably has to do with the lag, but yeah, sometimes I have a small difficulty using keys when fighting.