ggFTW (
-   MapleStory (
-   -   Coming back to the game.. (

MaiMai 12-27-2009 12:15 AM

Coming back to the game..
After ages of not playing, I'm planning to return to the game. I left.. hmm.. I think it was pretty long ago, last server I remember them adding was Bellocan. Since it;s been such a long time.. what are the new jobs like? Are assassin characters still pretty much the best class? Oh, and if there's a good site to find (new) character guides on, that would really help me out.

Whatever I do decide to make would be semi funded.. as I still have my ice.lit wiz and cleric characters from before I quit.

kuyaBaka 12-27-2009 07:26 AM

If you were gonna be semi-funded, Thunder Breaker/Pirate Brawler are a fun class. I started it out when I picked up MS after all these new updates, and they were easy and quick to use. Minus the bit of money I needed to buy potions up until I hit 20, I was able to make profits from just the meso drops.

SOC 12-27-2009 10:39 AM

The new classes are pretty epic, the Cygnus Knights and Aran. Evan's also coming some time, which those are pretty sweet 'cause they're mages with every element. I really like Archers when you're not funded (even though you may have to buy some arrows), so maybe Wind Archer? They're the Cygnus Knight archer class. Assassins are, yes, still the best, and if you really like them, how about Night Walker?

SOC 12-28-2009 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by lol (Post 1108113)
assassins aren't the best class when it comes to damage anymore

corsairs are

Isn't that for only longer boss battles? Like overall an Assassin will do more damage in one minute but a Corsair will do more in like an hour?

kuyaBaka 12-31-2009 12:38 AM

If anything for Corsairs vs Assassins, Assassins are much easier to level in 1st and 2nd job. It isn't until 3rd job that the gunslinging pirate gets some major damage going on.

puchong 01-04-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by lol (Post 1108113)
assassins aren't the best class when it comes to damage anymore

corsairs are
Big battle with nl vs corsairs o_o. (in boss runs)- attackers normally givin 1 apple. NL's are able to use apples for 15 minutes, unlike a normal character's 10 minutes.

Anyways~ I think mages and archers are the easiest to go unfunded.
For mages, being a fire poison mage can really boost up leveling speed during level 8x to level 120

Fourstar 01-05-2010 02:03 AM

Corsairs are only stronger if they can maintain their ship on boss runs and NLs are only stronger if they have SE.

I still prefer Hero from those two though.

And any class can be good being semi-funded. It's just a matter of preference+knowing to build up the character.