Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-19-2014   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

draggon7799 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Maplestory still worth playing?

I played Maplestory a few years ago, when you only had the base classes, and i found the game quite enjoyable. now with the addition of all of the new classes, is it still worth playing?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-19-2014   #2 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I had actually came back once before, right after the Luminous class came out. It was still pretty grindy, but since the RED patches it seems Nexon has made it much easier to level characters. They've changed pretty much everything since the last time you played (especially if they only had the original 4 explorers). I played right after it came out until 2007/08 when Lunia came out

I don't know if it's just me, but it kind of feels like a solo game until later levels when you do expeditions unless you play with friends.

"Light" here on the forums is very helpful to returning players, so I would definitely ask him if you come back.

01-19-2014   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I came back a few years ago, I got to Lvl ~140 in like a week or two of casual playing. Game is so easy mode now.

01-19-2014   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Kanoka is a jewel in the roughKanoka is a jewel in the roughKanoka is a jewel in the roughKanoka is a jewel in the rough
IGN: kanoka
Class: Witch
Level: 310

Yeah, I would say the game seems a lot time consuming than it was before.
(faster leveling till about lvl 201)

But I do compliment maple story for its recent attempts at making skill(and or strategy) more necessary for victory.

example: Gollux needs a good amount of skill and pattern recognition to defeat.
Even after you find out how to properlly dodge gollux, you realize that you probally can't kill harder gollux alone, which bring the issue of learning how to dodge gollux..... while in a busy hectic larger party. (its a completely different experience from solo)

Also Recent updates in kms seems to do a very good job, adjusting content to better match the modern business models.

Best way to put it:
before unleashed, Maple was pretty good. Bit boring and no really major changes happened yet.

Unleashed: Nosedive into pay-2-win (no megusta)

RED: A sorta right step in the right direction

Dawnviel + a better maple: A few good steps. I hope they keep on improving x3x

FLY(KMS): Meh. Only a few character revamps

YOU and me + The SEED + eonwol(KMS): Another Big revamp. But this revamp seems to change ALOT of core mechanics of maplestory, making it more modern. Wonder if these changes are good or bad...(we won't know till later after gms implements it)

01-19-2014   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

To be brutally honest, the game is so easy that you'll end up skipping a majority of the content.
Everything is a fraction of the time you'd spend in the past, and places are less memorable because of your limited time spent there.

Bosses are the only thing that will actually require some effort to learn how to defeat. But like everything else, you'll end up overpowering them with decent equipment.

The thing that made maplestory easy mode, is the potential system.

Enhancement Stars, Extra Scroll Slot Hammers, Potentials, Bonus Potentials, Sockets.
None of this shit existed back then. You can see that this fan alone provides 135k damage. Far exceeding the 2k of the past.

So if you intend to come back to maple, expect things to come very easy to you with minimal effort. There is no need for parties, you solo everything.

This may bore you very quickly, but some people keep playing regardless.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

01-19-2014   #6 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
To be brutally honest, the game is so easy that you'll end up skipping a majority of the content.
Everything is a fraction of the time you'd spend in the past, and places are less memorable because of your limited time spent there.

Bosses are the only thing that will actually require some effort to learn how to defeat. But like everything else, you'll end up overpowering them with decent equipment.

The thing that made maplestory easy mode, is the potential system.

Enhancement Stars, Extra Scroll Slot Hammers, Potentials, Bonus Potentials, Sockets.
None of this shit existed back then. You can see that this fan alone provides 135k damage. Far exceeding the 2k of the past.

So if you intend to come back to maple, expect things to come very easy to you with minimal effort. There is no need for parties, you solo everything.

This may bore you very quickly, but some people keep playing regardless.
I come in general agreement with this. I might add in addition exploration in the game these days feels.. Less rewarding.

--Frenchbread is

03-01-2014   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Nahiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Still a very social game and it has had alot of revamps since the old days, some good some bad. Good ones include new bosses, Higher resolution graphics and heaps of classes

03-01-2014   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahiko
Still a very social game and it has had alot of revamps since the old days, some good some bad. Good ones include new bosses, Higher resolution graphics and heaps of classes
I'm going to have to disagree with several points here.

Quote:
Still a very social game
Because of the potentials system, you can solo the entire game. Fast kills mean more exp, rendering PQ's useless. It's very punishing to be in a party in terms of exp growth, since you kill the entire map yourself faster than 2 people can; so you have no desire to party with anyone. Bosses that took 20 minutes in a well formed party of 5, can be solo'd faster than writing up a megaphone message for a group.

In effect, socializing is very limited since big bang happened.

Quote:
heaps of classes
Kind of a mixed bag, but dozens of other classes made things more confusing, on top of making balance more of a bitch to maintain.

Since the exp tables have been reduced heavily, it's a good thing they have more classes. Because otherwise you'd have maxed the 4 primary classes in a week. Still boring, but at least you get something different.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

03-01-2014   #9 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

To get the best potential stats though, you need to be prepared with like $100+ D:<

03-02-2014   #10 (permalink)
lel
ggFTW Lurker

lel is an unknown quantity at this point

how about that level 250 lel

03-02-2014   #11 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lel
how about that level 250 lel
Someone in KR already hit 250 legitly.

04-15-2014   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

BlueRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

i found out quite bored caused losing players in this game and botter are increasing.

04-17-2014   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
Someone in KR already hit 250 legitly.
But our's was legit....? o.O