ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Magika Guild (http://ggftw.com/forum/magika-guild/)
-   -   Legend of Edda. (http://ggftw.com/forum/magika-guild/83536-legend-edda.html)

Jon 10-04-2010 01:31 PM

Legend of Edda.

http://legendofedda.gamescampus.com/

I am playing this (my IGN is Vith and God [server] is Olympus).

Shnao 10-04-2010 04:23 PM

Though it does remind of Dragonica but at least it doesn't have the same crappy angle view (even though it's locked) and the combat system isn't as retarded either (IMO). Ooh, hawt white spiky hair.

Very good review btw, tempted to try it out as well. Just hope my computer can handle the visuals...

Gaap 10-04-2010 04:27 PM

My PC hates me ATM...

Anyway, the 3D chibis looked like pure nendoroids. Does look like Luna Online, but I hope it is NOT L-O...

Tempted to try it... But man I fee like i've been hit by many MMOs, even though I only touched like 4 so far.

Torikakae 10-04-2010 10:58 PM

It's marketed as an extensive PvP game...and I don't like PvP >_<

Gaap 10-04-2010 11:07 PM

I don't know how this PvP themed when all games have a PvP feature... Unless you can PK at random places like .hack series... ._.;

And still, NENDOROIDS!!!

Jon 10-05-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shnao (Post 1363174)
Though it does remind of Dragonica but at least it doesn't have the same crappy angle view (even though it's locked) and the combat system isn't as retarded either (IMO). Ooh, hawt white spiky hair.

Very good review btw, tempted to try it out as well. Just hope my computer can handle the visuals...

Yeah, the locked camera angle can be annoying at times, but you eventually get used to it. I really like how you can zoom in character level though, makes for great screenshots~! I'm sure your computer can handle the game, as there are quite a lot of window/full screen sizes and a few graphical modes to adjust (like shadow and draw distance).
Quote:

Minimum Requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.0 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
HDD: 2 GB Free
Graphics Card: DirectX 9.0c or above

Recommended Specification:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz or better
RAM: 2 GB or more
HDD: 3 GB Free
Graphics Card: DirectX 9.0c or above
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimerRabbit (Post 1363176)
My PC hates me ATM...

Anyway, the 3D chibis looked like pure nendoroids. Does look like Luna Online, but I hope it is NOT L-O...

Tempted to try it... But man I fee like i've been hit by many MMOs, even though I only touched like 4 so far.

Yeah, that can be the problem with these MMO. We see so many that are very attractive and want to play them all, but the problem is finding the time to play new ones and being able to juggle around the ones we already do play. :py06:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1363479)
It's marketed as an extensive PvP game...and I don't like PvP >_<

It's PvP focused indeed, but there are enough PvE elements to be able to enjoy it in that manner. My character is only level 3 now, but there's a ton of quests (from what I can tell so far) to do as well, so they didn't completely ignore the people that just want to PvE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimerRabbit (Post 1363483)
I don't know how this PvP themed when all games have a PvP feature... Unless you can PK at random places like .hack series... ._.;

And still, NENDOROIDS!!!

I believe that you can PK in certain areas, but I'm not too sure. I know that there's a variety of PvP modes available though, which prevents the PvP in this game from becoming too stale. It's also great that the game pits you against the people who chose the opposing God; there are times where people of each 'server' can compete/kill against each other in daily competitions.

Verse 10-05-2010 05:19 AM

Can it handle Win7 D<? I hope it can .__.

Kirks 10-05-2010 05:22 AM

Cool looking game. Will definitely try that.

Kat 10-05-2010 06:12 AM

... I saw this thread and started looking at the game... And it was so cute. q__q
/started playing.
And the quests are really nice. Especially since it's not one of those "beginner levels are so easy they take 10 minutes hurrr".

Locked angle = Fail. But you may be right that it'll become less-annoying at some point...

Cute game is cute. /o/

Jon 10-05-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloons (Post 1363635)
... I saw this thread and started looking at the game... And it was so cute. q__q
/started playing.
And the quests are really nice. Especially since it's not one of those "beginner levels are so easy they take 10 minutes hurrr".

Locked angle = Fail. But you may be right that it'll become less-annoying at some point...

Cute game is cute. /o/

Glad you find it entertaining. ^^

Jessica 10-05-2010 02:11 PM

Once I get an external hard drive later this week to take all my fat stuff off my computer so I have more space, I'm going to try out this game. ;o

Jon 10-05-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Settie (Post 1363906)
Once I get an external hard drive later this week to take all my fat stuff off my computer so I have more space, I'm going to try out this game. ;o

Yay, I hope you have fun when you do play. :py05:

james 10-05-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linverse (Post 1363615)
Can it handle Win7 D<? I hope it can .__.

Read the recommended specs., it says Win7 is recommended.

Jon 10-05-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faeces (Post 1363617)
Cool looking game. Will definitely try that.

LOL, didn't see this post. Anyway, hope to see you there. :py16:

Verse 10-06-2010 05:24 AM

Oh well, It doesnt work at this win7 lappy, It is maybe because of the Video card or something like that. I get errors /Too lazy to show it -_-

Tragic 10-06-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linverse (Post 1364660)
Oh well, It doesnt work at this win7 lappy, It is maybe because of the Video card or something like that. I get errors /Too lazy to show it -_-

Sounds like you got a crappy video card (Min requirement is Geforce 2 64 MB) or you need to update DirectX. If it's not the video make sure any security software isn't blocking out the Gameguard it uses.

Verse 10-07-2010 04:23 AM

Nah I won't be playing that cute game anymore /Find other games that some of ya guys could join =D

Tragic 10-07-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linverse (Post 1365707)
Nah I won't be playing that cute game anymore /Find other games that some of ya guys could join =D

Unfortunately, finding a game that everyone will agree on is a (next to) impossible task.

Verse 10-07-2010 06:15 AM

Ima try =3

Jon 10-07-2010 07:30 AM

Mmm, I decided that I'm not going to play this game after all. I can't stand the walking speed (need to constantly click on top of it), and I'd rather just focus on just one game anyway.

I hope those of you who decided to play it continue to enjoy it, however.