Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika
Default This ain't no Randomness factor...

Hello my precious surviving guildmates"!

Aside that I server hop for dailies and working on my Sheep's levels and her soon-to-have Guardian... I have come across a serious issue regarding my PC. As you can see, after some mild cleaning the dust off my fans, the PC won't start for real because of a "missing SYSTEM" issue.

The last "instalments" for my PC was the CClesner upgrade and the Rose Guns Days visual novel, which was a small file...

Right now I'm using my sister's tablet to surf and check stuff... I can't get on to Trickster if this keeps on getting errors like that... So... With that mess going on, my overall game activities will be on a official hiatus... Until someone knows the situation... :S

- Timer Rabbit

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

I'd make a backup of EVERYTHING and reinstall the OS. If you don't have the disk you can download an iso file and put in a disk, making sure it's the same version you're currently using (were, in this case), then you use the same product key, which can usually be found on an adhesive somewhere on the computer.
Pretty sure you can find a lynux OS that can you can run from the CD, you could use that to make a backup of the important stuff, or you can put the HDD in another computer (as a secondary HDD) to do it.

09-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. Sadly I have no "Set-Up" CD with me. In terms of my files, a bit af already @ my Media fire account, with most picture files at Photo bucket. The only loss might be the Golden Masquerade files, but the game itself needs major fixing and only care about the current art which was considered to be beta works now.

So I am stuck right now unless I got alternative advice before consider asking for a tech-savy friend's help...

09-03-2012   #4 (permalink)
Is not human
Special

Tragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud ofTragic has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Tragic Send a message via MSN to Tragic
IGN: GONEgone
Guild: Various Ones

Good for rescuing systems or you may want to give Ubuntu a try.

start – Parted Magic

+Rep if you find my/another's post helpful, thanks.

09-03-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLuna OnlineMapleStoryLa Tale

Kiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud ofKiraii has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Kiraii Send a message via Skype™ to Kiraii
Class: Lazy

I may not be able to help you, but I hope your computer gets fixed soon. ;o;

09-04-2012   #6 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

...And it was alive for now! More like getting invisible bandages instead.

While it works for the long-run for the night, the biggest sacafise is a broken Tumblr dashboard. The certificate is blocked/shattered by my own PC. guh... :I

09-04-2012   #7 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I'd like to help, but my methods involve plenty of bootlegging so I don't think you want that. How old is that computer anyway?

You can reinstall the OS but keep the old files (though most of them won't work anymore unless you reinstall them, but they're still there at least). If it's still under warranty, you can let the seller/store do it. Another method is to mount your old harddrive into a new computer and back it up to a new harddrive.

I miss TO. Ever since the latest patch, my launcher won't update/crashes everytime while updating/gets weird Korean errors. I wanna try the new skills >_>

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

09-04-2012   #8 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
I miss TO. Ever since the latest patch, my launcher won't update/crashes everytime while updating/gets weird Korean errors. I wanna try the new skills >_>
Oh boo! I was wondering about you! The Lighting Strike skill is totally sex! <3 Well... Since I am a hybrid, so yea. My other hybrid/pure classes are not at the TM 240+ yet. ;w; And the Pure Skills need to be hunted.. So yea.

Oh and my PC was first bought at 2005. I don't think the warnaty will work at this current year.