ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Magic Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/)
-   -   "How much MA is needed for.." (http://ggftw.com/forum/magic-type/84653-how-much-ma-needed.html)

R 10-25-2010 03:32 AM

"How much MA is needed for.."

Notes:
  • The MA requirement to OHKO each monster is based on the skill that you use (obviously).
  • The MA requirement to OHKO said monster is without a critical.
  • The MA requirement is without Attribute and the skill Elemental Boost. You can reduce it by adding these two things.
  • This was done with and for Bards/Witches, but can be used by all Mage classes in someway or another.
  • Dark, Water elemental and single hit skills, such as Arrow Rush, will NOT be added.
  • "Recommended Level" solely means my own recommendation.
  • I quit the game, so I will not be updating this at all unless people give me the information.
  • If you want something added, then you can send it to me via a Private Message and we'll go from there.
  • Feel free to post any questions you have that is related to the thread, or MA/Magic skills in general.
  • PLEASE DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS, REQUESTS OR ANYTHING UNRELATED IN THIS THREAD.

Monster: Coal Soldier
Health Points: No higher than 9,508
OHKO (or else): Berserker, Guard Break
Recommended Level: 140~225

Spoiler!

Monster: Ice Bear
Health Points: No higher than 14,486
OHKO (or else): Berserker, Faint
Recommended Level: 190~320

Spoiler!

Monster: Gold Beetle
Health Points: 11,435
OHKO (or else): Suicide Bomber
Recommended Level: 215~260
Location: 1st Closed Lot of Jade Steel, 1st Closed Lot of Silver Jewel, 1st Closed Lot of Precious Jewel
Special Note: Has strong resistance to Wind and Earth. It's best for you to be a Soul Master with the Space skills if you want to train here with these elements.

Spoiler!

Monster: Guardian Kerberos
Health Points: No higher than 9,055
OHKO (or else): Guard Break
Recommended Level: ???~215
Special Note: There are two types of these on the map. One has higher HP and resistance than the other. Also; be sure to have at least +2 MA higher than the requirement, as they use Magic Meltdown.

Spoiler!

Skill: Electro Attack [Master]
Spoiler!

I have removed the Fiesta Zone and Tower of Chaos section.
  • Fiesta Zones will NOT be added upon request or demand. It will NEED to be a community effort if any of you want it added.
  • Tower of Chaos will be re-added eventually. At least for Electro Attack. If any of you want other skills added; it will NEED to be a community effort.

There are some skills missing on the lists. If anyone would like to test them; please do so and send all information (including screenshots with your stat view opened) to me via a Private Message!

Coal Soldier
  • Whirlwind
  • Raging Storm
  • Tornado Blast
  • Light Wave
  • Celestial Strike

Ice Bear
  • Whirlwind
  • Raging Storm
  • Tornado Blast
  • Staff of Thunder
  • Light Wave

Gold Beetle
  • Cleaving Terra [ With Salamander's Territory ]
  • Earthquake [ With Salamander's Territory ]
  • Wind Blade [ With Gnome's Domain ]
  • Raging Storm [ With Gnome's Domain ]
  • Staff of Thunder
  • Light Wave
  • Celestial Strike

Guardian Kerberos
  • Earthquake
  • Raging Storm

gawhie 10-25-2010 07:24 AM

Nice guide Red. It's nice and helpful to have these info compiled and just posted in a single thread, some of them were answered in several other threads and kept being asked over again.

Just a suggestion, maybe you could add the other two commonly used places that people use to level at (Kerbs and Bats).

It's a nice idea to move it to the Magic Type Guides section as well if you intend to update it with the rest of the info (by request/demand). Players can use this data as a way to effectively level at these common places, knowing around what MA and skills are suitable to use in those specific areas.

R 10-25-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gawhie (Post 1380184)
Just a suggestion, maybe you could add the other two commonly used places that people use to level at (Kerbs and Bats).

It's a nice idea to move it to the Magic Type Guides section as well if you intend to update it with the rest of the info (by request/demand). Players can use this data as a way to effectively level at these common places, knowing around what MA and skills are suitable to use in those specific areas.

My Dark/Fire/Electricity Witch can't enter that area, as she is a bit too high of a level. So I would only be able to do Wind Blade and Radiant Strike. And I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that this isn't really a Guide, it's more of a Question & Answer thread for the 1st Closed Lots. I won't be adding other training Areas, because then it'd look like a Guide.

Edit: However.. If I get a certain number of volunteers that are willing to take the time to find either the exact MA or 1 more than the exact to OHKO a certain monster with a certain skill, I may consider making it into a Guide for other Areas.

Dragon 10-26-2010 01:01 AM

If you want, I could just make a simple Excel form for all the skills of any monsters you require as long as the info is on Wiki.

Just a simple plug-in of all the element resistances. I had one before but I have absolutely no idea where it went.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the damage formula that I posted a while back, so I can make it anytime. It should be much more convenient than testing every single skill out, given that the wiki information are correct (they are mostly), unless you are actually planning on testing everything to verify or something.

Verse 10-26-2010 02:04 AM

How bout kerbs or bats? How much MA I need.. For those skills that you gave. And also, Include tesla field pls. +rep for u too 8D

R 10-26-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linverse (Post 1381062)
How bout kerbs or bats? How much MA I need.. For those skills that you gave.

Please refer to my post above Dragon's. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linverse (Post 1381062)
And also, Include tesla field pls.

• Tesla Field added.

@Dragon: Thank you for the offer, but I'd rather test myself to verify.

Verse 10-30-2010 10:33 PM

Ahh ok. Thanks anyway about this :D Well at the moment, I wanna know how much MA needed to OhKo in Kerberos and Bats with the ff. skills:

- Tesla Field

- Scorching Earth

- Electro Attack

That's about it!

Almora 10-31-2010 01:00 AM

All the Ma stated above are Ohko without crits?

R 10-31-2010 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSmiley (Post 1385390)
All the Ma stated above are Ohko without crits?

Correct.

That's something I forgot to add to the Notes.

Verse 10-31-2010 05:57 AM

Ahhh without crits.

Aria 10-31-2010 06:00 AM

If you know someone with an Earth Sheep who wouldn't mind testing how much MA Cleaving Terra needs to OHKO Ice Bears (non-crit), that would be awesome.

Very nice guide(?) though.

whatsername 11-02-2010 03:41 AM

Thanks for the info =).. More or less 100 MA till I OHKO with SE ><..

R 11-06-2010 02:47 PM

• Added Cleaving Terra and Earthquake

Credit goes to Kasumi.
If any reps are given out, then please +rep her instead of me. Thanks.

Aria 03-06-2011 03:13 PM

Requesting that this thread be stickied, please. Not many people can find this useful if it's not accessible. Thanks.

lxpandaxl 03-07-2011 12:58 AM

Very awesome info, thanks. Sticky would be nice. XD

Btw, anyone know how much MA for kerebos?
Preferably with Scorching Earth/Electro Attack.

Aria 03-08-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxpandaxl (Post 1487727)
Very awesome info, thanks. Sticky would be nice. XD

Btw, anyone know how much MA for kerebos?
Preferably with Scorching Earth/Electro Attack.

/forum/magic-type/92779-how-much-ma-ohko-kerbs-vampboss.html#post1488432

OP or another person is free to narrow down the numbers.

R 03-08-2011 12:08 PM

I can't do that. I am 11 levels too high to even enter the map.

Aria 04-17-2011 03:00 PM

"How much MA is needed to OHKO Golden Beetles with Whirlwind?"

/forum/magic-type/94...ml#post1514399

R 04-20-2011 12:14 PM

Thank you, Lyn.

I will add that to the first post, as well as a few other things, within the next two to three weeks. Kinda busy right now.

MrPinky 04-20-2011 08:29 PM

I have the info for how much MA
I successfully ohko'd gold beetles with barely 1.4k MA
I believe you need at least 1.4k to ohko :)
hope this helps ^_^