ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-12-2011   #61 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

It is hard to avoid key mobs if you are doing it over a 3 hour period though, especially when using AoEs that hit mobs at random.

Monsters do not hit often in any map, to be honest. However, if mobs from floors 60+ do hit they hit massive damage - often more than Gold Beetles, and these are known to hit hard already. Not good for extended AFK - unless the character in question has loads of DP - and the last thing a power leveler wants to do is to babysit weak characters.

Of course, that is not a problem if the buyer/receiver does not do that, unfortunately, I have had my share of power leveling sessions stopped for long times or permanently at Gold Beetles because of a stray Gold Beetle attacking an AFK receiver, let alone Chaos Tower.

EDIT - I forgot the most obvious problem, massive lag on floors 43+, that are not related to your internet connection.

EDIT - Did two 10 min tests, at floors 62 (suggested above) and 64 (while doing the quests in that floor). They resulted in 2.3 mil and 3.4 mil exp, respectively. Multiplying by 2 (to get rid of the nerf resultant from me being of a higher level than the mobs) and then by 0.8 (party at 40/40/10/10), by 6 and 3 (for a 3 hour session) and finally by 3 (booster) we have roughly 200 mil and 294 mil, respectively.

That was done with my main, light/fire/electric witch, with 2270 MA, and collecting all the integers for the quests. Electro and Tesla are unable to kill most, if not all of the mobs, Radiant Strike and Light Wave did so on 62 but not in 64, so a mage with less MA could still perform just as well. While not collecting the integers would have increased my killing speed, ignoring them would be not recommendable as each integer quest gives out roughly 3.2 mil in these floors (50 every 10 min or so), compensating for the decrease.

Figures are not terribly impressive - in these floors - as they compare with my tests at Abyss (roughly 3.5% per 10 min test on the first field after the gate, with a booster, which is the only usable field as in the other maps mobs are either magic resist or kill you too rapidly) and cannot compare with Gold Beetles done by a decent power leveler or yourself (I gain 5% to 6% every 10 min, with a booster, and that is with me being of a higher level than the beetles). If one could kill all mobs in one hit in the higher floors then I imagine the % would drastically increase, though one would be very hard pressed to find someone with 2.3k+ MA. For this reason, I imagine that figures would be equal or worse on higher floors. Not sure about lower floors but I would imagine that Bears and Kerbs would be a still better option as less walking is required.

Of course, the integers make things a little more interesting. Assuming 300 every hour and 900 in a 3 hour session we have enough for 18 quest attempts, giving out some 57.6 mil exp (assuming each gives out 3.2 mil). With a royal party and everyone participating I would also imagine figures would drastically increase as well.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

Last edited by Recette; 12-12-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-13-2011   #62 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

But the same things can be said for Abyss, which, let's be honest - no one wants to run around killing for three hours straight on a large map. I did this for countless hours to reach level 400, it's more than a pain. The MA requirement is also quite high there, so unless you're spamming Arrow Rush or some other strong single hit skill (or you have 2k+ MA - which not many have, mind you); you're going to be two-hit-ko'ing anyways, as you would be in the higher floors for Tower of Chaos. The difference here is that the maps (the specific ones I posted earlier) can be compared to Vamp Castle Boss Room 1 - Lower Gate, only a bit larger.
Some mobs at Abyss are also magic resist (namely the Ghost Diver and Phantom Dame), so that's not good.

Guardian Kerberos only lasts until level 216 and not everyone has an easy time with them, due to their use of Guard Break. They also require more MA to OHKO than the mobs on floor 30 of the Tower. 426 MA is enough here, and the mobs are also level 222-227.

Ice Bear and Golden Beetle require much more MA than the lower floors of the Tower. Floor 44 requires no more than 752 MA to OHKO the mobs (excluding the mini-bosses) and can be used up to level 283-288. That's nearly 400 less MA than Ice Bear and somewhere around 750 less than Gold Beetle.. also of which, for your interest, is often taken by a party or three (at least on Jewelia, anyway).

So I'm pretty sure the Tower of Chaos is going to be a pretty damn nice alternative to Guardian Kerberos and Ice Bear/Good Beetle, as well as Abyss for higher levels, even if you disagree. Not everyone likes or prefers the same things - even if they may end up giving less than the other.

Last edited by R; 12-13-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo.

12-13-2011   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, those are just preliminary tests in two higher leveled maps. I will do some testing in the lower maps with my main later, and maybe after with my Dragon as well, once he is leveled up, however, even though the mentioned maps have high mob density, it is my opinion (and just an opinion) that Kerbs and Bears will still be the best options around due to their higher spawn rate. Density of the mobs at Chaos is comparable to Bats, which is not that high - for example, SE is nearly unusable after it kills whoever was there as nothing will spawn on it after, while it continues to continuously kill Kerbs on it and in the vicinity (due to their very high numbers) or Bears that happen to spawn in a well placed SE. With 2+ people those Kerbs and Bears are guaranteed to give good experience, as the floors are larger and have lower density, this is not a sure bet on Chaos.

A nice alternative yes, but only for those without the necessary MA to kill Kerbs or Bears, and for grinding only, and probably not for power leveling unless you are power leveling alts or offering it cheap - assuming experience lags in comparison with Kerbs, Bears or Beetles.

Competition may be a factor, but I rather face the competition. Of course, for those who hate KSers or would rather have an entire map for themselves, then Chaos would be a very nice alternative indeed.

Abyss Field 1 mobs are a one hit KO for me. Of course, I have done very little grinding there as Gold Beetles are still better - for fire/electric mages only, of course, and they require 1.4k MA, far less than 2k and for a guaranteed good experience.

Chaos Tower may be the best option for those in the 321-361 range, though, I am almost sure that they would be as good or better than Coal Orcs and the flame balls at Tapasco Mine. This is for grinding purposes, however. If you are paying for power leveling, then Beetles would be yet again the best option.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

Last edited by Recette; 12-13-2011 at 11:42 AM.

12-13-2011   #64 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Why did you give us a list of specific floors to grind/plvl on? Is it because they give much more EXP than the others or what? >:

12-13-2011   #65 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Because the floors are smaller and tend to spawn in one single large room rather than multiple ones connected by stairs, so less walking around is required. The other floors are larger and have multiple rooms where mobs spawn, and while density is still high, you have a much larger area to cover out. Reason why floor 64 gave me only roughly 3/5 of the experience that floor 62 gave me.

12-13-2011   #66 (permalink)

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh 8D; /nub

12-15-2011   #67 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

• Added Floor 26, 30, 36, 44 and 48 to Tower of Chaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaJessica
Spoiler!
All I'm going to say to this is that I'm not doing this for just you, or anyone else who believes that those areas are the "best"; I'm doing it for the whole playerbase. If you don't think Tower of Chaos is good enough, then you don't have to bother with it, but not everyone can get that kind of MA - not everyone buys MyShop, not everyone is well funded like you or I.
(Not everyone = at least 50% of players)

For those that can get the MA; this is nothing but an alternative to them. It's nice to have multiple choices, don't you think?

I'm also not adding DoT skills like Scorching Earth. I've been playing for nearly 5 years now, you don't have to tell me these things.
I am merely considering more than just myself.

12-15-2011   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ruriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Rosuvaise/Chifusa
Class: Sheep/Fox

How much MA needed to kill Nora Big & Nora Mummy using scoring earth and Electro Attack

12-15-2011   #69 (permalink)
What a NUB :3
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryGunboundLineage

iMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to behold
IGN: LoveYoux3
Class: Champion to_schoolgirl
Level: 320
Guild: God of War

I can say that i have 2.5k MA and i cant ohko monsters in Chaos Tower floor N 72 T_T. The plvl idea is pretty good. I did some plvl with a friend and it work. Just Spam lava field, Tesla and electro attack. I didnt move in 1hour. He went afk following me and monsters used to hit him every 2mins (thats low) and he has arround 300hv.

12-15-2011   #70 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien
  • Added Floor 26, 30, 36, 44 and 48 to Tower of Chaos!

All I'm going to say to this is that I'm not doing this for just you, or anyone else who believes that those areas are the "best"; I'm doing it for the whole playerbase. If you don't think Tower of Chaos is good enough, then you don't have to bother with it, but not everyone can get that kind of MA - not everyone buys MyShop, not everyone is well funded like you or I.
(Not everyone = at least 50% of players)

For those that can get the MA; this is nothing but an alternative to them. It's nice to have multiple choices, don't you think?

I'm also not adding DoT skills like Scorching Earth. I've been playing for nearly 5 years now, you don't have to tell me these things.
I am merely considering more than just myself.
I am just adding my two cents, also, this is not directed to you but to the information that was posted there if you do mind, I know I or anyone else do not need to tell that because you are an experienced player, but as this is a public thread, so I also can reply to it if I want.

Besides, I clearly stated that I have tested only two floors - actually, three, with the addition of 72 - that all my other statements were only opinions, and that the floors mentioned have the potential to be good for grinding (not necessarily for power leveling, though) so I do not know what all the ruckus is all about.

I have not done exact calculations, but 72 was as good as Beetles for me (361+). Keep in mind, however, that is nearly impossible to kill anything there with one hit, so you need as much MA as you can get, and someone with less MA than me or Merlyn (we have around 2.5k) may not necessarily find that place as useful. With 1.4k or so MA you are set at Beetles. Spamming SE and Tesla everywhere will make you damage the egg mobs eventually, either kill them ASAP or face Wink.

Last edited by Recette; 12-15-2011 at 09:43 AM.

12-19-2011   #71 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ruriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the rough

How much MA is needed to kill Great Coolem?

12-20-2011   #72 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

That depends. Specifically; with which skill?

12-20-2011   #73 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

with Electro attack or Radiant Strike

12-21-2011   #74 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

I didn't test accurately, as they're Electricity resist, but the required MA for Electro Attack is quite high. Somewhere around 2,100.

I can't test Radiant Strike.

12-21-2011   #75 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruriko
with Electro attack or Radiant Strike

I took off my arc stick and buffed w/ mist, you need around ~1,185 MA to one hit Great Coolems with Radiant Strike.

If you are thinking of grinding there, there are much better places w/ lower MA reqs.

However if you're just questing, I'm guessing you're elec/(something?), then just use electro attack to stun and arrow rush them to death, since most people at that level range when they start snow(180-190) don't have 1k+ MA. It'd be better if you are water and have shard in this case.

12-22-2011   #76 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

How much MA do I need to kill in Fiesta Zone 6 with electro attack?

12-22-2011   #77 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

If you're going to ask more than one or two questions, then please do it all in one post.

Danke.

12-22-2011   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Sorry about that but it's the last question. So what's the MA amount?

01-03-2012   #79 (permalink)

How much MA do you need to OH KO in Fiesta 7 (with the Sludges) with Wind Blade? And on the higher floors of CT? (If you know with Electro tell me anyway please because Wind Blade is slightly stronger than Electro >: )

Thanks in advance

01-04-2012   #80 (permalink)
Of Course i blive in god!
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaLa TaleOurWorld
Awards Facebook Fan

Ladynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: noosy 。✪
Class: Meow to_cat
Level: to much chara but i love them <3 8 kitties~2 lion~2sheepy~1bun bun ~
Guild: Master SoulCalibur<3
Xfire: nooosy

Awesome Guide!!

Sprite By~Rydia
~im playing only At Fantasia