ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough
Default Icey Shackles and Thunderbolt?

Hi everyone,

Just a little question about the newest skills, Icey Shackles and Thunderbolt. Are they any useful? I was planning on getting:

- Electro Attack
- Electro Shock
- Drip Bomb
- Shard of the Glacier

I already have mastered mist, mastered mana arrow, mastered arrow rush and level 10 cure. I was wondering if the new skills are worth getting for a soulmaster so if anyone can give some feedback on them it would be most appreciated.

I did use the search function but I couldn't really find anything useful in there so I thought I'd ask here ._. so thankies in advance for any help you can offer!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

The newest skills for soul masters are the res-reduction spells. Shackles and TB are actually bard spells.

Shackles is kind of lame... It has a 2s cast time, I think, and is as short range as shadow lance or aqua bomb. It's slightly stronger than drip bomb. If your target survives the hit (and it has yet to miss for me), it'll be frozen for 2s (at mastery). Unlike shard, your target cannot attack you while it's shackled, but it's also invulnerable over that 2s... You can time spells to go off right after it unfreezes, however.

TB I don't know much about except that it deals random damage that ranges from extremely low to very high. I heard that the cast time was 3s but that was never verified by anyone in the topic I opened up...

Both are probably skippable. >.> There's other stuff you might want to save up for around TM 115-120... Mastering shard and staff of thunder will cost you 31 TM points together.
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

01-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Lucratcia will become famous soon enoughLucratcia will become famous soon enough
IGN: Lucratcia
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: 21x
Guild: Currently seeking guild

if you have already got shard, skip shackles and i'd choose shard over that anyday.

TB long cast time for a lightning skill and grief the damage is so unstable it makes me cry, although good on a frozen combo(but don't rely on it) but thats about it.

01-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

@Anchors: I was aware that they were bard spells ._. did I mention somewhere they are Soul Master spells? I only mention Soul Master because sometimes skill choices could differ for pure and hybrid :3

Thankies both for the replies! It seems Shackles does not really have a good function right now so I think I will stick to Shard then unless I might find a way to put Shackles to a good use. Bit sad you can't touch them until they unfreeze >_< Bolt does sound nice to use but the unstable damage might be a pain to actually put it to good use especially since I like to know just how much strikes I need to kill something. If I miscalculate that might very well be the last thing I do before dying X3

Another Question!
Tesla Field seems like a fun/pleasant skill but is it any useful in practise? Does anyone use this skill during leveling or on other occassions where it might be useful? I'm not quite sure if I want this skill yet so I decided I might as well ask for feedback here >_<

01-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
NUBCAKERY

Anchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to allAnchors is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Anchors Send a message via MSN to Anchors
IGN: 敖
Class: musical sociopath
Level: -1

Thought as much but I wanted to make sure we were clear on that. 8D

The one thing shackles was good for on what was a pure water bard was a second spell to OHKO aabons with. Otherwise... blah.

Everyone seems to love tesla - especially for ID3, where, if you cast it on the magic absorb coolems in the middle of the magic weak coolem spawn area, you're guaranteed to have them last for the full duration. Short 1s cast time I think, plus a relatively large AoE... Decent power as I hear it with damage coming from both MA and max MP.

If you do pick up tesla, then as a soul master the water field spell might be worth picking up - AoE mob resistance reduction o.o Shard + TB/EA/staff for single monsters. You won't have to worry about mobs being lightning resist, anyway.
Hemathion, 4411 3:5:4::WT:HP:MA melee dark lord, 140/140

Anchors, 1414 MA priest, 244/250
Vadise, 1414 MA wind/earth soul master, 210/216
IreneAdler, 1414 MA fire/lightning soul master, 154/152

So, like, let's go look for the road and talk about our hair!
~CotAQ

01-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Lucratcia will become famous soon enoughLucratcia will become famous soon enough
IGN: Lucratcia
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: 21x
Guild: Currently seeking guild

undine's space+tesla is considered illegal in my book, its just nuts....

but back to the point, tesla is more of a end game skill at ID3, it is worth getting but not too early although it is good, it does tend to fail to cast but not too often