ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Magic Type

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-04-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

omigoshkitty has a spectacular aura aboutomigoshkitty has a spectacular aura about
IGN: xCupcakesx
Class: Soulmaster
Level: 290
Guild: Supreme
Default Help with Soul Master

I'm looking for someone who knows quite a lot about Soul Masters to give me some real advice please!

As the character " xCupcakesx " is my first Soul Master, I never really thought much about what is really needed/depended on for a soul master and I didn't really know. A lot of people have told me I have a light mages build and stats. My build is 1423 and I'm pure MA. I was considering buying a point back all and changing to pure LK. Would that be a good idea?

I'm currently level 279 so if some people think to fast track/start over I'm not going to Q_Q. And of course I know now and I did a while back after making the sheep that LK/AC is needed for the blessings but now that I come to think of it, would it have been better going pure LK?

My equips... I have an MA hat and I'm working on getting a much better LK hat than my current one. I have a LK shield and HP shield. 1 LK and 1 MA Accessory. A HP, MA and LK cape that I can switch between. MA and LK Pet although the MA is only a difference of +7 between the LK pet. As for my head/mask - they are both MA. My inner-wear is MA but it is still the koala T-shirt 160, any ideas on which inner-wear I should try getting? I was going to try and save up some eggs and get the level 280 vest to comp LK.

This now brings me down to my HP... If I were to use my HP shield I would be gaining 8k which means I would have 19k. However, my HP shield would be replacing a LK shield therefore I am losing 73 LK. My HP cape gives me 7k HP so therefore I would have 26k but I would also be losing 53 more LK.

Now, switching back to my inner-wear. Considering I need a new one what am I better off getting?
Should I get a HP one so I can wear my LK shield and gain back that 73 LK?
What do you think I should do?

Thanks so much!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-04-2013   #2 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigoshkitty
I was considering buying a point back all and changing to pure LK. Would that be a good idea?
Why would you even do that? It's an awful idea. If you are considering using a point back all, you are better off build graph resetting to 1414 and going pure HP. Even if you didn't want to change from 1423, you are still better off going pure HP.

As for your other questions, I'm not even really sure what you're even asking. If you want more LK, wear something with more LK on it. If you want more HP, use something with more HP on it. It's not that difficult.

Just wait until whatever box comes out that has equips with whatever stats you want comes out. Unless they release new egg shop stuff, I wouldn't bother saving up eggs for anything in the egg shop as random box equips are going to be far superior to anything you could currently get.

In my opinion however, compounding LK on equips for a pvm soul master is useless. You are much better off compounding MA or HP on them.

01-04-2013   #3 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
I was considering buying a point back all and changing to pure LK. Would that be a good idea?

No. It's a terrible idea. I suggest doing what boo-bear (Vare) said.

Quote:
And of course I know now and I did a while back after making the sheep that LK/AC is needed for the blessings but now that I come to think of it, would it have been better going pure LK?
It would only be better if you prefer being a useless glass cannon.

Quote:
I was going to try and save up some eggs and get the level 280 vest to comp LK.
Why? That would be a waste of eggs. You could get it for MA if you want to, but unless you already have the eggs for it; you're better off waiting for something new in MyShop, as boo-bear stated.

Quote:
Should I get a HP one so I can wear my LK shield and gain back that 73 LK?
Only if it has MA on it, too. You don't need to replace any of your equipment for LK.

---

Compounding LK onto anything other than your Staff is wasteful in both PvM and PvP. In PvM; you generally only need around 200 for 90-something percent of the mobs.

01-04-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

I think it really depends on where you usually play, either PVP or PVM.

Going 1414 would just make your WT suffer a lot, unless you use a WT pouch. But then again, WT is mainly used for PVM and Questies, and is useless on PVP.

Though I play non-mage character having a 1 in CHARM build, I rely on shield's BLOCK to survive in PVM, avoid getting hit with guard break, and I use get a good HP shield, and kill anything before it kills me. It did get me up to level 300+.

@Vare: Just plain curious though, what's the point in going 1414 pure HP? So that you:
- have enough HP to survive while having monsters hit your Blessing shields until they kill themselves,
- while at the same time you can use some offensive spells to help kill the weakened monster?

P.S. Are Blessings really all that hax as people think? Since I think the only reason why people go for pure LK is that it affects the Blessings, and at the same time improve survivability (Shield Block/Magic Dodge). I don't think you would need that high a LK to hit monsters in PVM. I remembered reading somewhere that said Blessings are not that good to use since it doesn't deal enough damage to kill anything, and would only anger monsters, forcing it to use deadlier skills instead (Berserk, Stun, magic skills, etc.)

01-04-2013   #5 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

1414 is the superior build for soul masters. DA, LK and WT are all useless, even more so when compared to the defenses you gain instead. WT does not suffer as much as everyone says it does. Every single one of my characters has a 1 in sense and I have never had one problem with WT. The people who say they do very likely carry a bunch of useless crap on them. As for going pure HP, it's better imo because instead of relying on blocks/dodges to stay alive, you can get hit (even with guard break) and not die. The MA loss from going pure HP is fairly small anyways, even at level 400. In my opinion, ~1.5k MA is good enough for anything in the game and is easy enough to reach, even with HP compounded equips.

Blessings are absolute trash and have nothing to do with 1414 being the best build.

Last edited by Nikeos; 01-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.

01-04-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

omigoshkitty has a spectacular aura aboutomigoshkitty has a spectacular aura about

I appreciate all of your replies, thank you. I'm still not sure though because a few people told me to go pure LK as I 'depend' on my blessings and now I'm getting told completely different answers about HP. My blessings do play an important role of being a soul master I believe as I'm meant to be anti-charm?

I'm more of a pvp-type Soul master.

But what's the go with going pure HP, I thought LK sounded better but more people think to go HP. And in regards to my equips, what should I aim for?

Edit: Alright, I think going pure HP sounds the best now that I've investigated a bit more! Thanks for the help ;D

Last edited by omigoshkitty; 01-04-2013 at 11:33 PM.

01-04-2013   #7 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need LK in PvP as a Soul Master. People who say you do clearly don't know what they're talking about. Blessings only work well on Charms, but that's only if they have Mana Reflector on.

My Soul Master has (I haven't played in a long time, so I forget the exact numbers, but) 90k HP/1.7k MA/2xx LK and still does something like 25-35k damage on Mana Reflector. Sure, you could do more if you had more LK, but the difference isn't worth being a glass cannon over.

01-05-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about

Never heard of Soul Masters being anti-Charm. Aren't Card Skills already enough to 0HKO you in PVP? And since Blessings are based on number of attacks, your blessings will only hit your attacker once per shield, and I doubt that's enough to kill anything. Also, I think Mana Reflector renders any magic skills from letting you 0HKO.

I agree, LK isn't useful in PVP except maybe for magic accuracy. LK and HV are nerfed in PVP.

The thing about going pure HP is with CURE skill being a percentage number based on max HP

@Vare: Hmmm.. Question about not going pure MA on your bonus points, how hax are the MA on your equips? Since people do usually advise getting equips instead to make up for the loss of MA on growth. HP is usually harder to get compared to MA. But when I compute on how much MA is needed to 0HKO something in PVM, I'm always a few digits short if I go non-pure MA.

Last edited by KungFuPets; 01-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.

01-05-2013   #9 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Soul Masters are Anti-Charm if you have high HP and MA.

The point of using Blessings against Charms is so you can Arrow Rush them to death. For an example: If they have Mana Reflector on and you use Arrow Rush, you'll be hitting 7 times and so will your Blessings, which would be a total of 21 hits. Let's say you and your Blessings are both doing at least 1,000 each hit, that's an easy 21,000 damage against Mana Reflector.

If you build your Soul Master correctly; Mana Reflector WILL NOT save Charms. They'll take a good amount of damage with or without it.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPets
@Vare:
My girlfriend and I are confused on whether you meant her or me, since I mentioned my stats and she didn't, so:

/forum/1726193-post12.html

This was posted back in May, 2012. It's my Dark Witch in the screenshots, but she and my Soul Master share the same equipment.

01-05-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

I was referring to Vare since she suggested pure HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vare
1414 and going pure HP.
Because when I do some calculations on my equips, I won't be able to reach the needed MA to 0HKO, based on your (Care's) guide to "How much MA is needed for.."

But judging on your screenshots, no wonder its not hard for you to reach the needed MA even if you go pure HP, you own some of the hax MA equips like Vindy's Mask and Cape, Yoba Pouch, Timed Sprint, and Divine Bard pet. Going MA-comp on those would simply be overkill.

Hopefully Cupcakes would take your equipments into consideration, and she has the same equipments as yours. If not, then she will have a bit of a harder time in 0HKOing and levelling up.

Nice equipments!

One thing though, I can't see what staff you used.

Last edited by KungFuPets; 01-05-2013 at 01:33 AM.

01-05-2013   #11 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

I suggest going pure HP, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPets
One thing though, I can't see what staff you used.
I didn't screenshot it, but it was a Powerful Arc Stick with over 550 MA.

01-05-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care

I didn't screenshot it, but it was a Powerful Arc Stick with over 550 MA.
Wait, what? Powerful Arc Stick's max MA is 123 and when refined at max level 13 gives a magnification of 4.2 therefore would result at 517 MA Am I missing out on something, like level 14 refine, or are the numbers on the refinement table wrong? Or maybe I'm wrong on my calculations

Refinement - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

01-05-2013   #13 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

A Gold Tempering Gem was used on it.

01-06-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

YoGaMbIt is on a distinguished road
IGN: YoGaMbIt
Class: Darkness to_gambler
Level: 365
Guild: A Day to Remember

If your going for pvp going pure hp on a soul master isnt really a good idea imo but everyone has thier own pov. I base ur build off how you stat ur equipment, now tell me going pure hp on a soulmaster how is that gonna help when lets say you got 26k hp right so ur base is a 3 and ur lvl 279 and you get 30hp each level so 279/4=69.75 so 69.75x3=209.75 so atm your base is 6270 or a bit more and going pure hp will get you with a 4 in charm 279x2x30 which is 16740 or a bit more. the only way pure hp will benfit you is if you reach over Lvl 335 so u will have a 20k base but you would rather kill ur based lk and wt for such a small hp gain while most people *likemyself* ohko people with around 40khp
The to meet the requirements of going pure hp is to
1 Level up before changing your build, it will save you the pain
2 have wt equips just in case
3 make sure you have decent enough lk so you dont miss on alot of mages
4 make sure you can reach atleast 70k+hp with a decent balanced set
5 be rdy to rage at how quicky rift will eat up ur pots

Sorry if i sound evil it is just second nature to me

01-06-2013   #15 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Hi Karlibb<3

Go pure HP.
Do not go LK.

If you had HAX blessings, you'd need the HP to survive the hits.

Especially since you don't get much HP,
Since you use many MA equips. (face&mask)

01-06-2013   #16 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoGaMbIt
If your going for pvp going pure hp on a soul master isnt really a good idea imo

So are you suggesting she go pure MA or LK? Either way, that's not very smart. You need HP to survive in PvP.

Quote:
the only way pure hp will benfit you is if you reach over Lvl 335 so u will have a 20k base
Uh.. no? Her base HP would be 14,700 at her current level, if she were pure HP. A 1414 build would make it 16,800. To reach 20,000 (technically 20,040) HP at level 333, she'd need to change to 1414. A 1423 build would make it 17,550.

But anyway. With your logic, the same thing can be said about pure MA or any other stat.

Quote:
but you would rather kill ur based lk and wt for such a small hp gain while most people *likemyself* ohko people with around 40khp
No. She doesn't need LK.

That "small gain" of HP can make a difference.

Quote:
1 Level up before changing your build, it will save you the pain
She's high enough level already.

Quote:
3 make sure you have decent enough lk so you dont miss on alot of mages
Sorry, but again, no. You don't need LK on a Soul Master. Hell, you don't even need it to kill high LK mages.

01-06-2013   #17 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

This is just to show as an example.
This is my lvl 231 1423 pure HP sheep. I have put only MA gear on her. My shield does not have much HP.

20k HP with MA gears is a nice amount C:

(I had mist on)

01-07-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur

Hi Karlibb<3

Go pure HP.
Do not go LK.

If you had HAX blessings, you'd need the HP to survive the hits.

Especially since you don't get much HP,
Since you use many MA equips. (face&mask)

Hey girl, thanks! I'm 100% sure I want to go HP now I could use the health since I die easily wooot ;DD

Quote:

So are you suggesting she go pure MA or LK? Either way, that's not very smart. You need HP to survive in PvP.

Uh.. no? Her base HP would be 14,700 at her current level, if she were pure HP. A 1414 build would make it 16,800. To reach 20,000 (technically 20,040) HP at level 333, she'd need to change to 1414. A 1423 build would make it 17,550.

But anyway. With your logic, the same thing can be said about pure MA or any other stat.

No. She doesn't need LK.

That "small gain" of HP can make a difference.

She's high enough level already.

Sorry, but again, no. You don't need LK on a Soul Master. Hell, you don't even need it to kill high LK mages.
Thanks so much Care! You helped a lot and I'm glad you know what you're doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula
This is just to show as an example.
This is my lvl 231 1423 pure HP sheep. I have put only MA gear on her. My shield does not have much HP.

20k HP with MA gears is a nice amount C:

(I had mist on)
Daaamn that's looking quite hax already and only level 231! Thanks for the screenie!

01-09-2013   #19 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
My girlfriend and I are confused on whether you meant her or me, since I mentioned my stats and she didn't, so:

/forum/1726193-post12.html

This was posted back in May, 2012. It's my Dark Witch in the screenshots, but she and my Soul Master share the same equipment.
Care, Do you advise using a Jen's Earring 190, Crimson Necklace compounded HP instead of the weight pouch, and a MA hat?

I know not a lot of people could afford to recharge monthly. I was interested in a HP Soul Master as well, so just a thought to put your wallet at ease.

Also, Is your cape 4s or just really nice compounds?

01-09-2013   #20 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

I am thinking, that if the slot increasing works for all equips; then the MA version of this hat will be very nice. (It can have HP comped into it)
Penguin Shampoo Hat - ggFTW Trickster Wiki